The Official DF Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriot95

Reaction score
One day, maybe on page 196, I will check this thread and see an Official Verizon announcement about the Galaxy Nexus. Until then, I continue to check with high hopes and little expectations.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
One day, maybe on page 196, I will check this thread and see an Official Verizon announcement about the Galaxy Nexus. Until then, I continue to check with high hopes and little expectations.

You still have little expectation? That's way more than I have at this point. I have negative expectation, if that's even possible.

dtdlurch

Reaction score
There should be two threads: One for "discussion" of these rumors and then one for actual posts that contain some sort of new info or insight.

IMHO

MrKleen

Reaction score
Verizon should be careful what they tweet. They know there are many of us glued to our computers waiting to hear anything and this nonsense just gets people excited for no reason. That tweet probably was a big tweet about nothing.

Thanks again Verizon.

patriot95

Reaction score
There should be two threads: One for "discussion" of these rumors and then one for actual posts that contain some sort of new info or insight.

IMHO

You can bet once there is official word a new thread will be opened by whoever finds it first. There will probably be five of them opened.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
Everytime I hear the buzz of my Droid vibrating with an incoming Gmail message, my heart skips a beat hoping it's an announcement email from Verizon, and I die a little inside everytime it's a message from Groupon or Amazon or my mother.

The worst is when it's an email from Verizon encouraging me to buy a Razr for Christmas, because it extends the false hope a little bit longer.

305rev305

Reaction score
With all this mess I'm really considering getting the iphone 4S. I love that Apple can actually make an announcement and say exactly the day it will come out. Address their issues and come out with a quick fix. Everyone can update their OS at the same time and not have to wait over six months as others have the new OS... Too bad the iphone is not 4g cause I'll be all over it

doublea500

Reaction score
With all this mess I'm really considering getting the iphone 4S. I love that Apple can actually make an announcement and say exactly the day it will come out. Address their issues and come out with a quick fix. Everyone can update their OS at the same time and not have to wait over six months as others have the new OS... Too bad the iphone is not 4g cause I'll be all over it

IPhone 4s hasn't even crossed my mind. I'm set on the galaxy nexus. Ive waited 2 months with many painful passing rumored release dates. I can wait another full month ifi have to.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
IPhone 4s hasn't even crossed my mind. I'm set on the galaxy nexus. Ive waited 2 months with many painful passing rumored release dates. I can wait another full month ifi have to.

Same here. Nothing else has ever crossed my mind. I will own the Galaxy Nexus. End of story.

captclueless

Reaction score
Well, I'm giving Verizon until the 15th. That's a whole week past the rumored date. then I'm breaking down and getting either a razr or a rezound. I'm tired of waiting and my droid 1 isn't working enough for me to keep it and use it.

chewy74

Reaction score
At least your droid still gives you email notifications :D

I feel lucky when i get a notification of any kind from my d1dancedroid

Everytime I hear the buzz of my Droid vibrating with an incoming Gmail message, my heart skips a beat hoping it's an announcement email from Verizon, and I die a little inside everytime it's a message from Groupon or Amazon or my mother.

The worst is when it's an email from Verizon encouraging me to buy a Razr for Christmas, because it extends the false hope a little bit longer.

305rev305

Reaction score

I believe there are just too many Android phones out there and google can't keep up. It's a mess... Yes, I like choices and what android is all about that's why I still have an Android but at the same time I want accountability. I just wish Google would act like Apple can...

Last edited:

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Its funny, in one tweet it says Verizon will tweet the world when the nexus is released... The world doesnt care because they alreayd have it on ATT/TM.. Its the USA they need to tweet as we are stuck waiting on them for what ever reason you want to dream up.

305rev305

Reaction score
I'm giving them until the 12th. Then I'm stuck with keeping my RAZR. Which isn't really a bad thing. I just wish I knew whether this was going to be my phone for the enxt two years or not.

Headlines like this though, "Gingerbread for the Samsung Droid Charge rolling out now", make me want the Nexus even more. ICS is out... and the Charge is getting Gingerbread today.

That's pathetic... Charge getting Gingerbread now....

Status
Not open for further replies.