The Official DF Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diab210

Reaction score
Maybe their tweet about how happy they are about all the buzz around the nexus is a good sign. Yah optimism!

just4747

Reaction score
to be fair, we are the ones causing the chaos. VZW has only ever put up a signup page.

That's not being fair, no. We heard of this phone and the fact that it would be on Verizon (their announcement page) so long ago. Many sources claimed it would be in November and it wasn't. December is fine too, but having heard NOTHING from the carrier is absolutely, positively ridiculous. This is supposed to be a big deal, a big selling device. Why have we heard nothing at all??? No pre-order date, no release date, nothing.

Don't they understand how much of the phone we've all seen online now and how much of the world has it? Why wouldn't they strike while the iron's hot, while we all had the hype going????? It's like the marketing and head people are absolute morons, they know nothing.

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haha, sorry guys, I was just messing around. Next thing you know, this thing will be up on DroidLife.

Only if we change the file name and say that "it went live for a few minuets, we happened to see it then it was gone again. It looks like they are getting everything ready to go all out"

jcardona1

Reaction score
successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Chaquala'
Joey: Hi
Joey: espeaky Spanish?
Chaquala: Hi, Joey! I only speak English.
Chaquala: Desafortunadamente no tenemos ningan representante de habla hispana. Para la informacian sobre nuevo servicio, entre en contacto con por favor nuestro departamento de los telesales en 1-800-256-4646. Para la informacian sobre servicio existente llame por favor 1-800-922-0204
Joey: Ok me too, just checking!
Joey: I need a little help
Joey: I want to order a new phone
Chaquala: How can I help you with ordering your new phone today?
Joey: Well, I'm not too good with all this new technology and names, but I've been hearing a lot about this great new phone, the Galactic Ice Cream I think it's called?
Chaquala: I haven't heard of that one. The latest version of the Android operating system is Ice Cream sandwich. Is that what you're referring to?
Joey: Standby, let me use my Google-fu to confirm
Chaquala: Okay.
Joey: Hahah ok I'm clearly an idiot sorry. Yes, looks like that's the new version of Android, and the phone is the Galaxy Nexus. Boy did I screw that one up!
Joey: I'm reading an article right now that says it was supposed to be available for pre-order already?
Chaquala: No problem at all! The Galaxy Nexus is the highly anticipated phone that everyone is waiting for!
Chaquala: Unfortunately, it hasn't been released for pre-order.
Joey: Ok sweet. That must be the one I want too!
Joey: That website says it will go for sale on 12/8. Is that true?
Chaquala: We haven't actually received an upgrade date, so I'm not sure about that.
Joey: But will Verizon be getting it?
Chaquala: As far as we are aware, yes.
Joey: Cool! Do you know if it will be out before xmas?
Chaquala: No, I don't.
Joey: Awww. I really want to give you guys my money :(
Joey: So you guys have no info on a pre-order or release date?
Chaquala: Would you be interested in the new Motorola Razr or HTC Rezound?
Chaquala: No, there has been no information provided.
Chaquala: Would you like a link to the page to sign up for email updates?
Joey: Sure, thanks!
Joey: I saw them both in stores, and I kinda like the Rezound.
Chaquala: The Rezound is an awesome phone and it also comes with Beat headphones!
Joey: Razr looks cool, but I'm not a fan of Motorola anymore. I have the original Droid and I have insider information that they purposely upload electrical gremlins to make their phones buggy.
Chaquala: Oh wow.
Joey: And the cameras are terrible!!!! Remember those old Polaroid cameras from like 1974? Where you wait like 8 minutes for the picture to develop?
Joey: That's how I feel when I snap a pic with a Motorola phone!
Chaquala: Lol, yes I do remember those.
Joey: So on the Rezound, if I don't like it, can I return it?
Chaquala: Yes, you will have 14 days to return the phone.
Joey: Ok, so what happens, like if the phone gets scratched or nicked while I have it, and I want to return it?
Chaquala: I'm not sure since returns are handled by a different department. I would just recommend being careful for the phone for those 14 days.
Joey: Oh you know, I just Google'd Verizon returns and I found a website that say Verizon extended their holiday return period. The website is "Droid Life". Apparently these guys eat sleep and breath Droids. Sheesh, talk about weirdos!
Chaquala: You are correct! Thanks for reminding me.
Joey: Haha, anything else I can help you with today?
Joey: Just kidding :)
Chaquala: Do you currently have service with us?
Joey: Yes, I've been with Verizon for several years now. You guys have been taking my money since I got my first paycheck.
Joey: I used to work in a sweat shop making fake Nikes
Chaquala: Are you interested in upgrading to the Rezound online today?
Joey: Hmm you know it's tempting, but I really really really want this Nexus.
Joey: It's supposed to take like 7 pictures/second!
Joey: My Motorola Droid take like 1 pic in 7 minutes :|
Joey: So I think I'm gonna wait it out
Chaquala: Okay what other questions do you have for me?
Joey: Do you think Cain slept with all those women?
Joey: Just kidding, you don't have to answer. Unless you really want to!
Chaquala: No, thanks.
Joey: Ok, thanks for your help!
Chaquala: You're welcome!
Chaquala: Thank you for visiting Verizon Wireless; it’s been a pleasure chatting with you. Have a great day!
Joey: You too, thanks
Chaquala: Thanks and you're welcome, Joey! Goodbye!

just4747

Reaction score
chaquala: okay what other questions do you have for me?
joey: do you think cain slept with all those women?
joey: just kidding, you don't have to answer. Unless you really want to!
chaquala: no, thanks.
joey: ok, thanks for your help!
chaquala: you're welcome!
chaquala: thank you for visiting verizon wireless; it’s been a pleasure chatting with you. Have a great day!
joey: you too, thanks
chaquala: thanks and you're welcome, joey! Goodbye!

lmao

EDIT: Why did my post lowercase every uppercase letter???

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's not being fair, no. We heard of this phone and the fact that it would be on Verizon (their announcement page) so long ago. Many sources claimed it would be in November and it wasn't. December is fine too, but having heard NOTHING from the carrier is absolutely, positively ridiculous. This is supposed to be a big deal, a big selling device. Why have we heard nothing at all??? No pre-order date, no release date, nothing.

Don't they understand how much of the phone we've all seen online now and how much of the world has it? Why wouldn't they strike while the iron's hot, while we all had the hype going????? It's like the marketing and head people are absolute morons, they know nothing.

Contrary to what we may think, a lot of ppl don't even know this phone exists. These "many sources" you speak of are clearly not well informed since all they're doing is guessing every Thursday since october 27th. The hype is being perpetuated by the forums and blogs not verizon. They have other phones to sell and when its time for the nexus they'll release it. Verizon said the phone will be out this year, that's the only official thing they said. All the blogs and people who want twitter followers are the ones hyping it up. Your anger should be directed towards them.

I can't wait for the phone but its annoying to see these people with "sources" proved wrong time and time again. Vzw is the only one that knows, period.

just4747

Reaction score
Contrary to what we may think, a lot of ppl don't even know this phone exists. These "many sources" you speak of are clearly not well informed since all they're doing is guessing every Thursday since october 27th. The hype is being perpetuated by the forums and blogs not verizon. They have other phones to sell and when its time for the nexus they'll release it. Verizon said the phone will be out this year, that's the only official thing they said. All the blogs and people who want twitter followers are the ones hyping it up. Your anger should be directed towards them.

I can't wait for the phone but its annoying to see these people with "sources" proved wrong time and time again. Vzw is the only one that knows, period.

Dude, Matias from Android said November for the U.S. LTE version with only 1-2 weeks left in the month. I mean come on...

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dude, Matias from Android said November for the U.S. LTE version with only 1-2 weeks left in the month. I mean come on...

And he has nothing to do with Verizon.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I totally understand the frustration, it just needs to be directed properly.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

ice456789

Reaction score
I like the idea except we really don't get enough new info/insight to warrant its own thread. Additionally, it would have to be locked or it would just turn into another thread exactly like this. What will probably happen is when any new/exciting info hits the forum a thread will be created in the news section or over here or both and discussion will happen in those threads or it will be locked will a forwarding link to this thread for more discussion.

If y'all would like, I can start updating the top post of this thread with links/updates that get posted in here for those that just want to see updates and don't care about reading all of our banter.
You think people come here for updates? Maybe when this thing was 5 pages. The only reason anyone is reading it now is the banter. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BANTER! In fact, I think it's critical that people read this entire thread. To that end, I have hidden a secret message in this thread (posted by my accomplice so it is not under my screen name). The secret message is NOT the actual GN release date but it IS something that everyone on this forum would be interested in. It is somewhere hidden in the previous 119 pages of this thread. I have received approval to offer a prize for the first person that finds it.... a free 1 year subscription to droidforums.net!

Here's a hint... it might help to read a few messages that are next to each other forwards and backwards or some combination thereof....

Good luck everyone!

patriot95

Reaction score
This thread is epic for many reasons. Not one of them is related to the actual Galaxy Nexus release.

That being said... once the device is released... there is no longer a pre-release.. and no longer value to this thread. And we don't want to have a pointless thread. I'll call my "source" at Verizon and tell them to push back the release so our thread continues to have value.

Status
Not open for further replies.