The Official DF Droid 4 Pre-Release Thread

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Does it have any kind of LED notification light? One of the things I love most about my Ally is the LED notification light.

TC_Mits

Reaction score

More is hidden than is revealed by this post. Resolution sucks. Is the RAZR camera really that bad?

So, if there's no GSM slot, we can presume it is not a world phone?
And that further delays aren''t about general bugginess.

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited:

TC_Mits

Reaction score
Oh! I forgot something I read today, it was buried in a different e-mail:

They have pics with the back off, just had to get it into photo shop to clean up device ID and other identifiable things under the cover.

So someone had to drive downtown to the "photo shop" and buy a torn sheet of paper?

Edit: Seriously, it shouldn't be that hard to post some well-focused, well-lit, detailed, hi-res shots of the open back of the D4. Just put some electrical tape or (if there's no man in the house) masking tape over the ESN, etc. That way we can look for the GSM slot ourselves.

( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited:

TC_Mits

Reaction score
The EXIF data indicates the photo was taken with an iPhone 4.

I don't know if you did anything besides crop it, but the one you posted on HoFo is a lot easier to read.

( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited:

r314bd

Reaction score
I don't know if you did anything bersides crop it, but the one you posted on HoFo is a lot easier to read.
Haha yeah I sharpened/changed the levels and tried to reduce the flash burn a bit. I had too much free time yesterday :D

r314bd

Reaction score
Droid Life just posted an update saying that 12/22 still looks like the probable release date for the D4.

What is your source saying, Trusstopher? Is 12/22 likely?

tuffD1

Reaction score
Went to a Verizon store during my break, guy checked for any incoming devices. No dice on the D4, but he thinks next week. We talked about rooting and such (store was empty) even messed around with the G Nexus, it was sweet. My D1 is jealous :(

Sent from my Steel Droid¹

AranelAlasse

Reaction score
Round 2 of questions:
They also had this to include:
Music quality is perfect, whether that’s having headphones or the external speaker blaring it.

(Hello, world. I'm new to this forum.)

I'm definitely looking forward to the Droid 4 release. I'm very glad to hear that the external speaker is nice and loud. I love that about my OG Droid.

Trusstopher, I had a question I'd like for you to relay: The OG Droid has a very loud vibrate, and I love that "feature" because I rarely turn the ringer on. How does the vibrate for the Droid 4 compare to the OG Droid? (or to the Razor or the HTC Rezound?) The vibration of the Razor I looked at at the Verizon store seemed kinda quiet/calm. The vibrate for the HTC Rezound is too quiet/calm for me to notice very well, too. (Although I didn't compare the Rezound to the Razor.) I'll be sad if it's too quiet to hear/feel if it's in my pocket while I'm walking around...

Thanks!

TC_Mits

Reaction score
Droid Life just posted an update saying that 12/22 still looks like the probable release date for the D4.

What is your source saying, Trusstopher? Is 12/22 likely?

I don't care anymore. I just can't get by that hardwired battery. So I won't get one anyway before it's rooted with an ICS rom, by which time we should have at least an inkling of what shape the D5 will take. If the D5 is, say, missing an SD card slot or has some other major fault like that, then I might pick up a much cheaper - or free - D4 at that time.

In the meantime if anyone has a used Tbolt that you want to unload cheap, please PM me... :-\

( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited:

TC_Mits

Reaction score
I just realized that your name is TC_Mits, not MC_Tits. I've literally been saying the latter in my head this whole time. That is all.

Lol! It's a literary acronym:
'The celebrated man in the streets"

I do (really) have a bull, though, registered (by his former owner) as M. C. Hammer.

( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited: