The Official DF Droid 4 Pre-Release Thread

tdpolo26

Reaction score
Will the D4 have an LED indicator?
if you would have read through the last 285 posts and checked every link (lots of sarcasm in that line) you would have noticed my link for the droid 4 developer site here , and on the right column most the way down the page you would have seen "indicator light" and next to it tricolor light....so yes it does have.... next time please read all 30 pages before asking questions that would have taken you an hour to find lol...(i am in a sarcastic joking mode today lol)
on a side not that developer site is pretty good for most questions on the droid 4

tdpolo26

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind answer.

lol i just need to laugh today ....i have been dying for this droid 4 to come out cause i really am just ready for 4g...but if you do have any quesitons i have compiled a pretty good amount of links and other things, just trying to get all the information i can cause i think this might be a release day purchase at best buy for me ... mainly cause i have a 45 day return limit due to me being a silver member and no restocking fee...
Are you def getting the droid 4 or just waiting to see????

silverfang77

Reaction score
I'm not due for my upgrade until July, so am forced to wait and see. If the D5 isn't out by then, I'll get the D4, unless people find something major to hate about this phone after they've bought it.

tdpolo26

Reaction score
I'm not due for my upgrade until July, so am forced to wait and see. If the D5 isn't out by then, I'll get the D4, unless people find something major to hate about this phone after they've bought it.

watch craigslist i always see people selling phones a few months after they got them for various reasons u may be able to pick one up for dirt cheap. i got a droid 2 global with battery and all it was a certified new model for 100 dollars someone had an upgrade and decided that they would use the insurance on the old phone before the upgrade so i got the droid 2 global last week for 100 cause my regular died. my friend has 5 lines and 1 is a standard line but they always use his upgrade to buy the latest and greatest and then sell it to pay for the other phones.

silverfang77

Reaction score
I'm a bit leery of buying anything electronic from sites like Craigslist and eBay because I bought a Sprint 3G modem once and it wouldn't register on the network (probably bad ESN).

If I were to buy the D4 early, would that void my contract and force me to pay more on my monthly bill? Also, how would I transfer my phone number from my D2 to the new phone?

Thanks.

tdpolo26

Reaction score
I'm a bit leery of buying anything electronic from sites like Craigslist and eBay because I bought a Sprint 3G modem once and it wouldn't register on the network (probably bad ESN).

If I were to buy the D4 early, would that void my contract and force me to pay more on my monthly bill? Also, how would I transfer my phone number from my D2 to the new phone?

Thanks.

What i did and its pretty safe is have them meet you at a verizon store. explain to the rep that you are buying the phone from them and that you would like to have it put on your account (tell the person you are buying from that it will take 15 min) then once it is on you account and working pay them... if they live in a good area you could always go to there house and explain before that you will need to use their phone to verify the esn and add the phone. that way you dont get screwed. i like meeting at the store though. its safe for both parties involved and you get instant verification. Anyone who wont allow you to verify the phone isnt worth dealing with no matter what paperwork or nonsense they fart out.

oh nothing changes with your bill

Last edited:

km75

Reaction score

Thanks.

Are you referring to buying it at retail price? If so then no. My upgrade date is March 2013. Just bought the bionic off of somebody last week. Replaced my D3. Only thing that changed was i went from an unlimited 3g plan to an unlimited 4g plan. Price still is the same. In regards to your number just tell them that you are replacing the phone and you want to put it on the original line.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tuffD1

Reaction score
Got me a D3 off craigslist yesterday for a sweet deal. Met the guy at a Verizon store, clerk checked it out. D3 was clean and activated right away. Paid the guy, went on with my day. So far so good, no issues with the D3.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

tdpolo26

Reaction score
Got me a D3 off craigslist yesterday for a sweet deal. Met the guy at a Verizon store, clerk checked it out. D3 was clean and activated right away. Paid the guy, went on with my day. So far so good, no issues with the D3.

thats def the way to go

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Super smart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The D3 is still new technology. Honestly I was close to picking one up from a customer for 150! But I was offered early upgrade with 150 off any 4g a couple months ago and took the Razr..lol By I love the D2 and the D3 as well as the og..Congrats !!!:)

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

tuffD1

Reaction score
Yup. Im happy I went thru with the purchase. I still have an available upgrade and my VZW contract is up at the end of Feb. I still got my D1, as an alarmclock/music player. Now I just need to put this D3 on a diet and remove some bloatware and life will be good. Think I will keep it stock ;)

tuffD1

Reaction score
But gosh darn. That D4 is looking sweet. I hope I have the strength to not sell my D1 and D3 towards an upgrade to the D4. Life can be mean.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
But gosh darn. That D4 is looking sweet. I hope I have the strength to not sell my D1 and D3 towards an upgrade to the D4. Life can be mean.

Hey man I wouldn't sweat it! Your in good hands no matter what direction you go. ...lol They are all rockin!

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!