The BEST data loss fix in 2 simple steps..

bigtex52

Reaction score
Hahaha! I "charged my bionic to my acct" think vzw had patience when my bill was due?? Like 13 days to be exact :)
And the TOS do NOT void a lawsuit, they just make it more difficult, class action is a different ballgame (and I AM an atty). Not to mention the fact that Motorola is releasing updates "in good faith"?? That simply means they acknowledge the issue. I dont care if I get $4 and the lawyers get 3million, vzw with will think twice before releasing a "betaphone" again

WOW. After reading this thread, somehow, the above revelation doesn't surprise me much. I knew this would get down to attorney compensation at some point. LOL. :p

raistian77

Reaction score
WOW. After reading this thread, somehow, the above revelation doesn't surprise me much. I knew this would get down to attorney compensation at some point. LOL. :p

lol, hope the guy never buys a car. As a certified tech you would be shocked how many TSBs (technical service bulletins) go out after a new model hits the road. Every new type of device, phone, car, tv, ect. is technically a beta.

Verizon/Motorola released the Bionic in September and have the patches ready to go here in November. 2 Months, not to shabby in my book.

I think we tend to expect to much from our phones.

My first smartphone was a Palm (junk) then a Blackberrys 7250 (lord the problems with that phone) than I switched to T-mobile and had both the Dash and Dash 3g (WM for the loss) than a G1 (no memory, bad flip out keyboard, and a list a mile long of problems), than the my touch and my touch fender (they just got Gingerbread and it makes the phone unusable) than jump back to big red and the OG Droid, droid 2, droid x, droid x2 and now the Bionic.

Heck I used to have a Samsung Uproar (first mp3 phone with a killer 64mgs of storage space).

But, maybe I'm too old (I still remember when everyone had a Nokia 3310 and I used to carry a Moto T900 Talk-about)

OP
T

thejacked1

Reaction score
Yeah I used to rock a bag phone back in the day too..you are old. That bag phone did as it was supposed to ..1 drain my bank account. 2 make me look cool driving by girls. And 3 connect me to a mobile network. And by the way I'm a mechanic ...lets talk cars :) I think its reasonable to compare bionics data to a cars brake system? In that the car and phone work without them, but not in a way you need/want them too. Based on these forums I bet 60% of people have data issues. If Ford, Dodge, any of them introduced a new car that has 2 out of 3 cars w/ bad brake cylinders...they will recall it. And it costs them a hell of alot more than it would Verizon. (And not just because brakes are related to saftey, I've seen recalls of seat parts, to ashtrays)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
T

thejacked1

Reaction score
Not the best analogy, but not horrible. Plus I already typed it all :) integral part is what I meant. I use 10 min talk a month, 7-800 texts, and about 150 hrs web (maybe exaggerated a little) AND...w/out data, how do I know when I walk by a sex offenders house?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
The better analogy is to compare it to the cars radio not working. Because well, the Bionics radio isn't working. The car doesn't need the radio to function but its nice to have. Phone doesn't need the data network to function, you can use wifi. But anyways, why use an anology. Its an issue, they're putting out a fix, people aren't happy with the time frame, life goes on.

LLR0717

OP
T

thejacked1

Reaction score
= safety

OP
T

thejacked1

Reaction score
The better analogy is to compare it to the cars radio not working. Because well, the Bionics radio isn't working. The car doesn't need the radio to function but its nice to have. Phone doesn't need the data network to function, you can use wifi. But anyways, why use an anology. Its an issue, they're putting out a fix, people aren't happy with the time frame, life goes on.

LLR0717

More like a cars onstar since I'm not mandated to pay monthly for radio. And my onstar was recalled due to the analog digital changeover $714 ...I paid..being without the car for 2 days

chrom3

Reaction score
So what you are saying is you are required to have a luxury? Again cell phones are a luxury not a requirement, they can charge whatever they want. It's kinda like driving, its not a right. It is not required. /thread.

warrior21

Reaction score
So what you are saying is you are required to have a luxury? Again cell phones are a luxury not a requirement, they can charge whatever they want. It's kinda like driving, its not a right. It is not required. /thread.

It doesn't really matter if it is a luxury or not. Customers are paying for a data plan each and every month and when it doesn't work they have a right to be a little pissed off. I want the service I am paying for plain and simple. If I had a cable box that kept going out I wouldn't sit back and complain about it, it would get returned. I wouldnt take it on the chin and say its just a luxury. That being said, the way people are handling it is the problem. Verizon has never given me issues with returning phones and when I got a few bad droid 2's in a row they allowed my wife an upgrade to her phone of choice. The same thing when we got a few bad blackberry curves. The whining and class action garbage isn't getting anyone anywhere. Return the phone if it is that big of a problem, its as easy as that. I chose to root and take care of my issue but it is not for everyone. Take charge of your own situations already.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Not like we'd get anything worthwile from this. I've seen the "rewards" you get from it. Someone over at HoFo did something like this YEARS ago. They won but all they got x amount of free mins.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Ansa82

Reaction score
Class actions do nothing more than make the scumbag attorneys rich. My data is fine most of the time unless i am on fringe service area. I also use reset connection app.

What is the reset connection app??

warrior21

Reaction score
What is the reset connection app??

Its in the market. You just tap it and it resets your data connection so you don't have to toggle airplane mode

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Smoke#14

Reaction score
Well I don't think a class action lawsuit is the answer, by the time it is settled the Bionic would be a distant memory of a phone for all of us. On the other hand I do agree it would make Moto think again before putting an inferior phone out in the future due to the public expectations for 8-9 months.

Some say be patient and I have been but its running out, its been 2 months now and Moto/Verizon still will not even give us a date that the update that could possibly fix the data connection issue will be released. Thats what bothers me. I have been expecting an update since I first noticed the problem and thought it would be here soon and now it seems it will be another 10 days or so OR maybe even 30-60 days. 10 days I can live with but another 60 days is ridiculous.

If I told them it would be 30-60 days before I could resolve my finicanial issues and pay my bill, they would not be understanding or accommodating.

OP
T

thejacked1

Reaction score
Not required to have a luxury, but if I bought a Mercedes...Id expect it to work.