Bionic take 2....here goes nothin'.

SMGriffin

Reaction score
So after completely losing my data connection for a couple weeks (no matter WHAT I tried) :mad: I finally emailed Verizon about what I could do to get my phone fixed or replaced. I've had my Bionic since October and have dealt with the "bugs" and kept quiet, hoping the updates would fix these bugs. Well, after losing data completely, I was fed up. Soooo, even though VZW said they would respond to my "inquiry" within 24 hours, 2 days went by with no reply. So I dragged my $600 paperweight (a.k.a. Bionic) and my 3 small boys to a Verizon store. Oh FUN! (For any of you with small children, you understand.) I was there for 45 minutes and after a new SIM card (which I knew from reading on here that they would try) and many restarts, the guy "just couldn't understand" why I was getting ZERO data connection. So they sent me a "new" Bionic. Much to my surprise, it isn't "new", it is "certified like new". Oh how nice of them. :angry: I've set it up and I seem to be getting 3G at my house after I turned the Wifi off, so that's a start.

I hear I should try the 901 update. I am on the 5.5.893 system version right now. I will see how that goes first and HOPEFULLY Verizon will release the 901 version soon.

With all that said, I suppose there's no way to transfer all the pictures that were on my old phone to my new one??? I'm sad to lose all those pictures of my kiddos. :(

gsDroid

Reaction score
Why didn't you connect your old bionic to the pc and transfer everything you wanted to keep? Or just keep the old sdcard with the pictures on it? Or send them to a cloud picture service? If you still have the old bionic you can easily get your pictures out.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry about about your problems. There is no indication of when (or even if) .901 will come out OTA. It can be done manually.

OP
S

SMGriffin

Reaction score
Why didn't you connect your old bionic to the pc and transfer everything you wanted to keep? Or just keep the old sdcard with the pictures on it? Or send them to a cloud picture service? If you still have the old bionic you can easily get your pictures out.

Why didn't I? I guess because I'm not tech savvy. Also, I thought the pics would be on the SD card and they weren't. So I suppose I'll have to upload them. What's a cloud picture service? Like flicker or photobucket?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you still have your old Bionic, you can get them from the internal card. Here's a couple of procedures.

Via Phone:
1. Install a file manager app like Astro. Then move the picture file from the internal card to the external card.
2. Unmount sd card, power down and remove card on both phones.
3. Swap cards and power up.

Via Computer:

1. Install the Motorola drivers installed from USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA on your PC.
2. Go to Menu>Setting>Applications>Development and check "USB Debugging."
3. Plug old phone into computer.
4. Press "Mass USB Storage" from the list of choices. Two drives will show up. One is MOT (Internal Storage) and the other is Removable Drive (SD-EXT).
5. Transfer the files you want from MOT over to the Removable Drive.
6. Eject both MOT and Removable Drive and disconnect the phone from your computer.
7. Unmount sd card, power down and remove card on both phones.
8. Swap cards and power up.

I use both Flickr & Photobucket. Amazon also had a cloud drive with 5 free GB. But if you can get the pictures to them, you should be able to get your pictures to your PC at least.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Sorry about your phone issues.. that sucks about the pics too. You could transfer everything to a photobucket account although I'm not sure that is a "cloud" service

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

don_droid

Reaction score
The cable to connect your phone to the computers USB slot is your power cord. Just unplug it from the plug in adapter and than you can plug into the computer.

Reaction score
Yeah, one you plug in the old phone it should install the drivers automatically then a pop up well ask you if you want to download the pictures. That's if you have a windows computer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk