The BEST data loss fix in 2 simple steps..

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
The fact that they are trying in good faith to push out a fix would make even a shyster think twice abbot taking the case.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually recent court decisions have blocked attempts at class actions when there is an arbitration clause. However public policy in most states says the opposite. Arbitration is a Federal law so states cannot bypass it.

Even though the ruling was good for companies now they are arguing that consumers cannot arbitrate in many instances because it cost the company too much money.

Basically they want to stop anyone from litigating against them in any way.

However now that there is an arbitration clause if 1000 people chose to arbitrate it would cost the company a ton of money especially over a $300 phone when the cost to arbitrate may be in the thousands.

Supreme Court backs AT&T, limits class-action suits - USATODAY.com

This is the most recent decision - and it regarded cell phones.

I actually disagree with this decision - I don't believe that an arbitration clause should stop the ability of groups of people to start a class action. I think class actions are a different kind of animal. However there was a conservative court and they ruled 5-4.

I'm an American Arbitration Association Commercial Arbitrator.

tcayton49

Reaction score
Here is a post from SSHGuru in a different thread:

"I signed it.

I think it's ridiculous what Verizon has done. They knew the RAZR would be announced a month after the Bionic was out. Both phone made my Motorola. Both companies knew the RAZR would be the most competitive phone out there as far as the IPhone and the SGII.

They were misleading and should have been up front. They were not.

Some of you want to keep the Bionic - that's your choice. However you have no right to say we do not have the right to complain about what amounts to fraud.

There has never been another case like this. And I can assure you as an attorney this could be a class action."
Please note the bolded part.

Now here is SSHGuru's post from today. Please note the bolded part.

Actually recent court decisions have blocked attempts at class actions when there is an arbitration clause. However public policy in most states says the opposite. Arbitration is a Federal law so states cannot bypass it.

Even though the ruling was good for companies now they are arguing that consumers cannot arbitrate in many instances because it cost the company too much money.

Basically they want to stop anyone from litigating against them in any way.

However now that there is an arbitration clause if 1000 people chose to arbitrate it would cost the company a ton of money especially over a $300 phone when the cost to arbitrate may be in the thousands.

Supreme Court backs AT&T, limits class-action suits - USATODAY.com

This is the most recent decision - and it regarded cell phones.

I actually disagree with this decision - I don't believe that an arbitration clause should stop the ability of groups of people to start a class action. I think class actions are a different kind of animal. However there was a conservative court and they ruled 5-4.

I'm an American Arbitration Association Commercial Arbitrator.

Now I ain't sayin...I'm just sayin.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think all you are saying is that you are a tool.

Do you have nothing better to do than follow me to my threads here and other forums?

I decided to do some research. As you can see it's not only a very recent decision that overruled lower courts but a controversial one also.

Canada recently had a similar case go the other way.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tcayton49

Reaction score
I think all you are saying is that you are a tool.

Do you have nothing better to do than follow me to my threads here and other forums?

I decided to do some research. As you can see it's not only a very recent decision that overruled lower courts but a controversial one also.

Canada recently had a similar case go the other way.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

1st: there's no need for personal attacks.
B: I have a Bionic and a general interest in Android, so I spend time on many forums. I'm not following you, but if you feel better thinking you're important enough to be followed, then by all means, go ahead.
C: If you're gonna throw around your credentials and make such a bold statement, maybe you should do your research before you start posting on a forum. Its one thing to state an opinion, but if you're gonna start off by saying that you're an attorney, you might want to make sure you're correct.
4th: laws in other countries mean nothing in the U.S. so posting what other countries are ruling doesn't matter unless you are directing it to the people in those countries.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think purposely annoying and following them around on threads and nit picking everything they say is more or a personal attack than saying you are a tool.

First you say I didn't do the research then when I actually take the time to do it you go after me there also. Then when I point out Canada has some different laws (this forum has Canadians) you ridicule that also.

I don't need to personally attack you, the people reading your posts see how much of a twit you are.

DarkDreamer13

Reaction score
No, i'm pretty sure people reading your (sshguru) back and fourth on subjects you clearly don't know too much about makes YOU seem like the twit/tool, especially when your defense is name calling. But whatever helps you sleep at night buddy...

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt!

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
The BEST data loss fix in 2 simple steps:

1. Have patience
2. Apply the OTA update when it becomes available.
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!!!

ok, thats 4 simple steps.. but I simply couldnt resist the extras ;)

tcayton49

Reaction score
I think purposely annoying and following them around on threads and nit picking everything they say is more or a personal attack than saying you are a tool.

First you say I didn't do the research then when I actually take the time to do it you go after me there also. Then when I point out Canada has some different laws (this forum has Canadians) you ridicule that also.

I don't need to personally attack you, the people reading your posts see how much of a twit you are.

Do I post in some threads that you do? Yes. Do I post in threads that you don't post in? Yes. Do you post in threads that I don't? Probably, I haven't taken the time to go through all your posts, so I don't really know. But if you want to believe I'm following you around...hey, whatever, I ain't sweatin it.
I ridiculed you about not researching because you came out with an attitude that was all "Hey, I'm a big bad attorney who knows everything" and followed that up by making a point that you yourself disproved once you actually did the research. I was ridiculing your first post, not the one with the actual facts. And my statement about Canadian rulings was dead on. It doesn't matter here in the U.S. I even followed that by pointing out that if it was directed to those in other countries then it would matter. But if you wanna get upset about it...hey, whatever, I ain't sweatin it.
And if some know-it-all-but-doesn't-seem-to-know-much-hotshot-attorney wants to show how immature he is by continuing to call names...hey, whatever. Be happy with whatever makes you happy.

tcayton49

Reaction score
The BEST data loss fix in 2 simple steps:

1. Have patience
2. Apply the OTA update when it becomes available.
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!!!

ok, thats 4 simple steps.. but I simply couldnt resist the extras ;)

You have much wisdom sir. I shall follow this with all diligence

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Anyone, (lawyers, bankers, robbers, cops) that thinks a lawsuit against the man (verizon, motorola, adam's housecat, dick's hatband) is winnable now that (as we speak) a fix for the major issues is being pushed out, SHOULD be "followed around". For observation and with psychotropic meds on stand by. This is a pretty decent response time to get a firmware out. But hold the horses and kick the dog, if THEY (see "the man" above) think that they can release another new phone, one that's shinier and prettier and more doohickies on it.... MOM I WANT MY CHOCOLATE MILK right NOWWW!!!! i just broke open my piggy bank and they can't have a new phone already. sniff

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
A court can always and it has happened many times, overrule any arbitration agreement. You usually see this when school negotiation contract agreements fail tho. But like mentioned before, is it worth what, the $.04 you may see?

Last edited:

305rev305

Reaction score
Before everyone gets to P.O.ed about the data issue, why not wait till then update coming to see if it fixes the problem. Also more phones than the Bionic are suffering form the same issues, I wonder if its a network problem rather than a Motorola problem.

Sorry to bust your balls but this issue will not be fixed. I have the Thunderbolt and we have the data issue as well... still waiting for the fix....

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Sorry to bust your balls but this issue will not be fixed. I have the Thunderbolt and we have the data issue as well... still waiting for the fix....

And you're talking about 2 different phones with 2 different hardware setups, so your theory is irrelevant.

warrior21

Reaction score

I have been running the leak for the last 24 hours and haven't lost my connection once. Too early to say if its completely fixed but the difference is night and day so far

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk