The BEST data loss fix in 2 simple steps..

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by thejacked1, Oct 26, 2011.

1. thejacked1

thejacked1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1. CLASS
    2. ACTION!!

make them listen! Vzw wont let me return it past 14 days "out of the question" they said. Also said I "entered into the contract" WE PAID FOR THE PHONE!! ...KEPT OUR END OF THE DEAL. their end of the deal was to provide us with a service that contains 3 part : talk, text,data. Well the data doesn't work with more than 50% of bionics, and IRONICALLY, guess what? Bionic comes with a MANDATORY data plan!! This whole thing stinks and I really don't see where vzw has a leg to stand on. If your interested email me. Thejacked1@Gmail.com how can they possible win this?? MAKE THEM LISTEN TO YOU.

sticky this please :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

2. Lil4cyl

Lil4cyl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Class actions do nothing more than make the scumbag attorneys rich. My data is fine most of the time unless i am on fringe service area. I also use reset connection app.

3. Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree to a point of class action suit. But like last post, how much do you actually see? Maybe $10. How much do the lawyers get? More than a million? How is that worth the time?

4. DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs Member

Ratings:
    +7
    come back when you have a radiation melanoma the size of texas growing out of your head. might not get a lawsuit, but you might get a sticky.

5. Anathema

Anathema Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Too bad you can't file a class action because you signed a contract that specifically states that you cannot file a class action against verizon.

I applaud the effort though.

Morals > Money to all those simply saying it costs too much money. Some people would actually like to fight for what they feel is right, regardless of how many pieces of paper it takes.

And before you ever go into any sort of legal dispute, consult a lawyer first. Bring the ToS and consumer agreement and have them go over it with you.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  6. raistian77

raistian77 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Before everyone gets to P.O.ed about the data issue, why not wait till then update coming to see if it fixes the problem. Also more phones than the Bionic are suffering form the same issues, I wonder if its a network problem rather than a Motorola problem.

7. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Class actions are not filed by an individual and therefore are not subject to an arbitration agreement.

8. DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I consulted my brother on this (he IS a lawyer). He said by the time the melanoma got the size of texas, you may have a leg to stand on. It probably won't be able to support your weight though. He said at that point come see him and he will make sure you get a sticky.

9. Anathema

Anathema Member

Ratings:
    +1

I don't think you understood it correctly.

Your contract FORCES arbitration so that you cannot file a class action lawsuit against them.

10. MiDrOIdDOES

MiDrOIdDOES Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been saying since day 1 that this is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.
    I'm in on the class action lawsuit even if its only just to make them listen.

to me it's not the phone thats a big deal it's the fact that they are making us wait 2 months for a fix rather than doing what's right in letting people return the phone.

most people didn't even find out that the data issue was gonna be a continuous problem that affected a large percentage of all bionics.

flatout plain and simple the phone is defective and defective products should be able to be exchanged.

verizon has went about this the wrong way

11. MiDrOIdDOES

MiDrOIdDOES Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    because you shouldn't have to wait too much for a phone to work its defective...

12. MiDrOIdDOES

MiDrOIdDOES Guest

Ratings:
    +0

trust me there's always a way somewhere, some lawyer will find a way to file a class action lawsuit...

13. Tegamal

Tegamal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I applaud the effort, but like has been mentioned already, the contact you signed prevents you from filing such an arbitration.

The best way to deal with them is go higher & higher. If the store associate says no, ask for his manager. If he says no, contact his manager, be it a store lead or the manager of the market.

All companies will give in eventually, if for any reason than just to shut you up.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

14. MiDrOIdDOES

MiDrOIdDOES Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    the contract does not prevent you from doing a class action lawsuit I guarantee if you spoke with a lawyer they would find a way to do it.

in our legal system there are always loopholes.

15. tcayton49

tcayton49 Member

Ratings:
    +21
    The contract doesn't stop you from suing. It makes it a thousand times harder to win, but it doesn't stop you from suing. If I wanted, I could sue you for speaking english. I wouldn't win, but I can sue you. Anybody can sue anybody for anything. Its the American way.

Search tags for this page

droid inc and radio data loss

fix the radio misconfiguration android
how fix droid bionic network lost
how to fix bionic motorola phone data

motorola bionic data loss

what are the steps necessary to fix the problem that cause t