Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
help! I installed java in the OP and when i type

c:\> java - jar colorChangev3.jar

it just says
'java' is not recognized....

do i need to install java to c: or what

Did you place the colorChangev3.jar file on the root directory of your C drive?

alm0614

Reaction score
yes.. the error is with java, not the colorChangev3.jar file

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
yes.. the error is with java, not the colorChangev3.jar file

How about making sure your Java is up to date? Correct version?

I do know that this worked for me.... once! I haven't been able to get it to work for me since and I haven't changed anything.

alm0614

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed the java in the OP.. it is installed to c:/Program Files/Java

does it need to be C:/Java

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I downloaded and installed the java in the OP.. it is installed to c:/Program Files/Java

does it need to be C:/Java

Java does not need to be installed in a certain area (mine is in Program Files). Try just typing "java" at a command prompt. If you still get the error you have an issue with Java not being installed correctly or the environment path needs to be set for it.

@Jim777 - what is going on that you can't use it anymore? I have used this method since using 2.01 to now on 2.2.

The person wanting to use different color for different things.
With in colorchangev3.jar you can set anything in there to different color just fine. Experiment and try new things out. As long as you make a backup before it can't hurt.

alm0614

Reaction score
Ok I tried typing just java and it gives the same error.. It says its installed when i check in programs.. how could i go about setting the path

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I downloaded and
@Jim777 - what is going on that you can't use it anymore? I have used this method since using 2.01 to now on 2.2.
I keep getting the menu that you put in the OP and instead of finishing correctly it gives me:
OS is Windows
debug=false
zipDebug=false
goFull=true

Deleted exisiting temp directory
Made temp directory: C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Temp\cc-temp
Error: didn't find services.jar

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nevermind. I swear sometimes I think this thing likes to make me feel stupid.

alm0614

Reaction score
Tried the suggestions on that site, still not working...

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
GOT IT. Holy smokes that can be complicated for a noob.

If you get the java error and you want help why it's fresh in my mind, tell me your windows version. I can do xp, vista, 2000, 7

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok now for my idiot question. when do this. for example, changing the clock, etc.. i type in what i am supposed to and it tell me it can't find the services.jar file in my "redglass.zip" theme. it's there though, i can clearly see it inside the zip file. theme.zip is on the root of my c:

I am assuming here that I somehow need to get my theme inside of a program or something and not just having it hanging out there on the c drive

OK something just occured to me. I pulled services.jar and framework-res.apk from my phone which would be part of the redglass theme. So when I type themexyz.zip, where is it drawing that from? I am doing this wrong. the themexyz.zip file is not something I had hanging out on my phone for backup, it's going to be part of my phone somewhere and I don't know where to find it to see what its called.

Am I overanalyzing this?

Here is what command prompt says when I run this.... os is windows debug=false zipdebug=false gofull=false
Made temp directory: c:\users\Jason\AppData\Local\Temp\cc-temp
Error: didn't find services.jar

Now when I try to go full as stated earlier I get this

Deleted existing temp directory
Made temp directory: c:\users\jason\appdata\local\temp\cc-temp
java.util.zipexception: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.zipfile.open<nativeMethod>
at java.util.zip.zipfile.<init><unknownSource>
at com.ohsaka.colorchange.unzip<colorchange.java:901>
at com.oshaka.colorchange.main<colorchange.java:238>
Error unzipping file :(

Last edited:

alm0614

Reaction score
GOT IT. Holy smokes that can be complicated for a noob.

If you get the java error and you want help why it's fresh in my mind, tell me your windows version. I can do xp, vista, 2000, 7

windows 7, 64 bit

i do NOT have adb or sdk installed..

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well i beieve you would need adb and sdk if you were following thebowers other thread for doing a little more stuff. On this computer, I don't have sdk or adb either but it doesn't say I need them for this customization. As for getting java to work, you need to go to your c:\program files (x86) and right click and copy the java file. then paste it into c:\program files

once that's done, right click on my compter, go to advanced, click on the environment varibale button. Now you are going to make 2 new entries. change nothing. 1st. click new system variable (not user value) variable name = CLASSPATH variable value = .;c:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;
now click new system variable again. Name = PATH value = C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin

Keep in mind that when I am typing jre6, that is because when i goto c:\program files\java the folder is called jre6.