Text Color Change (Complete how to do)

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This worked for cyanogenmodv1.0.2 but i'm getting this error with cyanogenmodv5.0.4

/var/folders/VD/VDqcMug2FseZnN1wDQvPRk+++TI/-Tmp-/cc-temp/framework/services/com/android/server/status/StatusBarIcon.smali[217,4] The offset/label is out of range. The offset is -129 and the range for this opcode is [-128, 127]

anyone know how to fix? Thank you

Im having the same issue.. w/ CM 5.0.4.2
Ive tried several methods of changing colors including using edited xmls from 2.0.1 causes mad FCs when i push em.

You can't push 2.01 xml's to CM framework. They are not the same. I will extract the framework of CM tonight and see how it goes.

liquidzoo

Reaction score
I'm getting this exact error message trying to change the date color in Cyanogen 5.0.4.2. Did anyone figure out how to work around it?

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Bowers, good write up.. where is the sticky on this? Maybe it should be moved to themes with a sticky.

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks Jrummy, I will be updating this tonight. As the directions are just for 2.01. I will be adding what each value in the xml's affect what for all roms (2.01, 2.1, cyanogen).

Cyberdemon

Reaction score
I'm definitely going to give this try! I have an app that shows text in my notification bar as black and i'm running the ultimate droid rom so its hard to read. I'm going to try to make it white :p

Thanks!

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
anyone try this on ese81?

I used the ESE53 ones that I made on ESE81 (Chevy's ROM) with no problem. Looks to be the same xmls and services.jar.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
anyone try this on ese81?

I used the ESE53 ones that I made on ESE81 (Chevy's ROM) with no problem. Looks to be the same xmls and services.jar.

yeah I just gave it go worked great on Cyanogenmod .07

ofv9cz.jpg

Reaction score
So, on my third or fourteenth run through I made this work for ESE 81. Pushing with adb did not produce results. I ended up copying to the root of my SD card, booting into recovery, mounting system and SD card, then copy from SD to system. The code that finally worked to copy in recovery requires busybox from a root prompt.

#busybox dd if=/sdcard/framework-res.apk of=/system/framework/framework-res.apk
#busybox dd if=/sdcard/services.jar of=/system/framework/services.jar

I am running Black_ice_Bgill55v1.0 on ChevyNo1 Simply Stunning v3.1 with Chevy's medium volt 5 slot 1.2GHz kernel. The theme in my notification bar was white on white and hard to read. I changed the text color to black.

B

budmonster

I'm on 2.1-Deodexed w/ su and busybox. I'm trying to change the time in my notification bar to white text. I'm trying to follow this guide, but I get this error:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
cd c:\
c:\>java -jar colorChangev3.jar
Unable to access jarfile colorChangev3.jar
c:\>

I have the "framework.zip" on my c drive that has the services.jar and framework-res.apk in it. I also have the "colorChangev3.jar" zip on my c drive. I went to java.com to make sure I have the proper one and it said I have "Java installed (Version 6 Update 20)".

I'm new to this, can anyone help me out. Thanks

EDIT: If I add .zip to the end of jar it works. c:\>java -jar colorChangev3.jar.zip
But when I renamed it like the directions said.

-BUD

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How could it work with the .zip on the end? The file has to have the .jar @ the end. Also in the C drive it should have a java icon next to it.

B

budmonster

How could it work with the .zip on the end? The file has to have the .jar @ the end. Also in the C drive it should have a java icon next to it.

I was messinging around with this last night. I was able to change my clock text to white in my notificaiton bar. the jar had the .zip on the end too. I don't know how it worked but it did.

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
worked on bb 1.1 now I downloaded the colorchange v 3.1 I also downloaded the newest version which is version 5. When using v5 for some reason it kept saying the baksmali file was missing so I just went back to using colorchangev3.jar which is version 3.1 like the op said.
I also followed a mix from this guide and the guide over at android forumns
http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/49813-guide-change-notification-clock-pull-down-text-colors.html
Basically after doing it I realized this guide is def step by step which you need to do. This post should def be stickied. Works great!

LrdElderon

Reaction score
nice post, informative, but you could always at least on cm roms, use the new spare parts with the tweaks. It lets you customize colors for all of this with a ui and a color wheel.

unless someone mentioned that already? I didn't see it though.

Still nice to know I suppose.

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I downloaded all files in the original post, followed instructions, and getting the same error...
C:\>java -jar colorChangev3.jar
Unable to access jarfile colorChangev3.jar

unzipped jar file is on c, framework.zip is on desktop, java freshly installed...I even tried adding .zip to the end of the command as others said it had worked for them... any idea why I can't get it working?