Swype

jewls28

Reaction score
How can I turn off swype

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Hello Droid

Reaction score
I know you can remove it when composing an email message by touching and holding the screen where you enter your text. A window opens, then select input method. You now have the option to use swype or android keyboard. The only drawback is that you lose the sound when typing and the layout is a bit different.

I'm not sure if this is a global change or just for that message.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Home button> Menu button> Settings> Language & Keyboard> Deselect Swype

Now you won't have to worry about Swype appearing ever again unless you turn it back on. :)

jewls28

Reaction score
thanks! I got it...just couldn't get used to swype

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

oracle646

Reaction score

Now you won't have to worry about Swype appearing ever again unless you turn it back on. :)

I go to the Language & Keyboard and I do not see a deselect button? It isn't allowing me to go to the Android Keyboard?

Helppppp

Caboosse

Reaction score

I go to the Language & Keyboard and I do not see a deselect button? It isn't allowing me to go to the Android Keyboard?

Helppppp

Yeah you will just have to long press your text input box and select new input method by clicking the Android keyboard option.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

Helppppp
There isn't a checkbox next to Swype?

TBV

Reaction score
I never got used to Swype... had it back on the original Droid 1 (the off-market download), but eventually went back to the regular keyboard format...it just feels better to me...

My wife loves it though, and says the only reason I do not like it is because I really do not know how to type and don't instinctively know the QWERTY setup (may be some truth to that! LOL :)).

juarbed

Reaction score
i installed the swype and I am not allowed to type. any help.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I never got used to Swype... had it back on the original Droid 1 (the off-market download), but eventually went back to the regular keyboard format...it just feels better to me...

My wife loves it though, and says the only reason I do not like it is because I really do not know how to type and don't instinctively know the QWERTY setup (may be some truth to that! LOL :)).

The one I saw that would take learning is 8pen. It's sorta like trying to drive a Model T even if you know how to use a manual transmission; nothing is where you thought it would be. :p [video=youtube;q3OuCR0EpGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3OuCR0EpGo[/video]

Myself, I like Swype, but I understand it's not for everyone. Good thing we can make a choice.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm sick of waiting for blindtype. I want to know what googles doing with it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App