Swype

ajhessler06

Reaction score
I just bought the Droid X. How do I get the swype software to install/run?!?! On my keyboard there's no swype key to hit so idk what I am missing.

hobby31

Reaction score
Anywhere you can enter text, long press and a menu should pop up that lets you chose the "imput method". Select that and you will have an option to select swype.

allstar5101

Reaction score
I just bought the Droid X. How do I get the swype software to install/run?!?! On my keyboard there's no swype key to hit so idk what I am missing.

go to settings>language & keyboard uncheck android keyboard and select swype

or

go to any text field (browser, messages, ect) and press and hold on it. when a menu comes up select "input method" then swype.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Anyone having issues with Swype not auto spacing? I have checked and unchecked the box and still won't work. Have switched back and forth between multi touch and Swype to see if that would work and still nothing.

piggylubber

Reaction score
Just to eliminate the more obvious... do you realize that it does not add a space until you swype the next word?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I got it working had to uncheck it then change keyboard to multi tap then check it again and go back to swype and it started working.

doctorjan

Reaction score
No auto space/capitalization after period

It places a space between words, all right, but it's not auto spacing after a period and auto-capitalizing the first word of the next sentence. It treats all periods as though they were the end of a website/email address/file extension (e.g. .com or .net).

How do I get it to auto-space and auto-capitalize after each period like it did in my Samsung Omnia 2? There was an option for it there.

piggylubber

Reaction score
So far, I have only been able to do one or the other. If you space after a period you do automatically get a capital...interested to hear if there is a setting I am missing..

I would like to figure out how to delete words from swype...when I try to do a capital I...I often get ki...which is a word I don't have a need for

doctorjan

Reaction score
Just found the answer. If you drag from the period to the space bar, it puts in the space and sets up to CAP the next letter/word. A little more work than it was on the Samsung, but I'll just have to get used to it.

As for deleting a whole word, place the cursor at the end of the word and hold down the delete key on the keyboard.

It's odd... I was so used to using a stylus for the slightly smaller Omnia 2 screen, and I can't use a stylus with the Droid X even if I want to. My fingers a a little bigger than the average, I guess, and I hit the wrong key A LOT. More practicing needed, I surmise.

BTW, usually, I find that just hitting an "i" and then moving on, automatically capitalizes it and makes it an "I."

Last edited:

claret

Reaction score
Is swype available for Incredible?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

droidjeg

Reaction score
Only if you have the beta but its closed now

drpaul07

Reaction score
if you're rooted, i think the Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 rom includes the droid 2 swype keyboard.

drpaul07

Reaction score
I thought that too at first. But I guess its cuz its the droid 2 swype, not the beta. And I read that it was ok'd by the mods here and allowed to be kept in the rom. I can find that statement if you want.

Sent from my Droid

claret

Reaction score
Thanks droidjeg!