Swype

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's what I've been hearing. I hope its gingerbread. Im dying to take it for a spin.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

MacDougl

Reaction score
Home button> Menu button> Settings> Language & Keyboard> Deselect Swype

Now you won't have to worry about Swype appearing ever again unless you turn it back on. :)

Home button> Menu button> Settings> Language & Keyboard> Deselect Swype

I go to the Language & Keyboard and I do not see a deselect button? It isn't allowing me to go to the Android Keyboard?

Helppppp

Yeah you will just have to long press your text input box and select new input method by clicking the Android keyboard option.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

THANK YOU!!!!!

I really dislike Swype and this is how I had to turn it off.

:icon_ banana:

CoMtnMan

Reaction score
I recently signed up on the Swype website to be a beta user and within a week recieved an email with a download link and instructions. Even though they say it is closed you may want to sign up anyways.

porky101

Reaction score
I already have Swype on my Droid, but i was wondering if there were any good themes for it. If there are, please provide an instruction on how to install the theme for Swype.

Mam.Meema

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to find or how to get Swype for my Incredible?

shmoo

Reaction score
You have to go to their website site and sign up for it. Its currently in the beta phase. I don't know when sign ups will be opened again. There is something similar in the market called slide IT you can try giving it a go in the mean time

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Godly 1

Reaction score
I went to the site and had the download emailed to me and I set it up and started playing with it and I love it! But... When my lovely Dinc battery died and the phone shut down... When I turned it back on after charging, Swype didn't work anymore... I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and it worked great again! But then I had to turn my phone off again later on the evening, and low and behold... Swype didn't work again... Uninstalled... Reinstalled... And I'm back up and running on it.
Anyone else running this Beta on a Dinc that has run into this? As soon as I get an extended life battery I will never turn my phone off again!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Haaaaa!!!

Frostbite

Reaction score
Im currently running swpe beta and my phone does the same thing. I think all dincs have this problem. What you need to do is after a reboot go to your text screen and hold your finger down on the text are and it will prompt you for message options-input method. choose touch input. Then do the same again and choose swpe. whalla your swpe works again without a re install. It seems like alot but its pretty simple

alboboy10

Reaction score
I downloaded swype, but for some reason it won't auto space or punctuate automatically. I have checked those options, and set it up exactly the way I had it on my DX.

Is it working GREAT for anybody? How can I fix this, would re-installing it fix the problem?

P.s. what keyboards does everyone use, I don't like the htc one a lot. It's sort of slow, the letters are smashed together. The keyboard on the dx was nice, swype is nice on this but I can't get it to work perfect.

Kack

Reaction score
yea its a known issue and not spacing for any tbolt device. ive emailed swype and they replied that they are configuring it for the tbolt and there will be an update soon.