Swype and D1-Miui-1.4.29. No work??

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Hello all. I love this ROM but I also love using Swype as my keyboard. Does Swype not work with this release? I believe it used to work with an older release. I downloaded the beta from Swype's website and tried installing from scratch. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I love this ROM but I also love using Swype as my keyboard. Does Swype not work with this release? I believe it used to work with an older release. I downloaded the beta from Swype's website and tried installing from scratch. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

It's never worked well with MIUI because you don't have the option of selecting keyboards as required in the instructions. You can still get it to install but it's more trouble than it's worth. What I used to do was delete every version of Swype I had, then downloaded the beta from the stock browser, then went on from there. Sometimes it worked first try, other times I just gave up. Just depends I guess haha:)

OP
R

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Thank you. I just downloaded SlideIT and it's working great

bigdad63

Reaction score

It's working fine for me. Did you restore with TB? Maybe you need to re-DL and start fresh.

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have gotten swype to work with every 1.4.x release of miui. When coming from CM7, I had to remove the apk and go back to the original email link and download the installer again. The installer from miui was different than the one I downloaded from CM7. This new installer worked fine with miui. I have been able to backup and restore my working swype on every install afterwards.

OP
R

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Okay folks. Need some assistance since I'm getting frustrated. I am using D1-Miui-1.4.29 on my D1 and love the ROM but I am not able to get Swype working with it. I removed absolutely every file on my SD that has "Swype" in it. Then I went to Swype | Text Input for Screens and downloaded the installer from scratch again and followed the directions as I always have but when the installation is complete and I try to set up the keyboard for Swype, I get the error screen on the attachment screen shot.

Please help because I thought I would be able to use SlideIT but it no way compares to Swype. And I sure can't go back to the hunting and pecking of the standard keyboard. LOL

bullswife98

Reaction score
Try go launcher,it's not swipe but it's better than stock.

Rooted,RZRecovery
Rom: D-1 Miui v1.4.29
Kernal:Corcor smrtmod,250/1100oc
customized my way!!

OP
R

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Is "go launcher" a home replacement or just a keyboard like Swype?

bullswife98

Reaction score
Is "go launcher" a home replacement or just a keyboard like Swype?

Just a keyboard, I'm using it now to type this. It's like swipe with with word predictions just can't swipe,but you can customize it the way you like with your own pics. Not a bad trade off i think. Still love swipe but love the rom more and go keyboard is a decent replacement that works and it's way better than stock any day.

Edit: By the way, it's free along with some themes that come with it but like I said you can add your own.

Rooted,RZRecovery
customized my way!!

Last edited:
OP
R

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Have you tried SwipeIT? It's very much like Swype but Swype is better and more accurate (in my opinion)

bullswife98

Reaction score
Have you tried SwipeIT? It's very much like Swype but Swype is better and more accurate (in my opinion)

Yeah i have,it's okay i guess never stuck with it to be honest. Really perferd something that i can type rather than hoping i swiped the right letters and spelled it right, so i researched go keyboard and it will do for now till updates for swipe become more stable.

Rooted,RZRecovery
customized my way!!

Last edited:

bullswife98

Reaction score
LOL, just went back and read what was posted and realized that I put golauncher instead of keyboard! No wonder you asked that question,ha-ha. I did mean go keyboard though.

Rooted,RZRecovery
customized my way!!