Swype beta 5612 expired?

dolpns13

Reaction score
I'm part of the beta and installed the new one but it says this is not registerd for this device or something and swyping doesn't work...kind of annoying...

I got that last week, install again, it eventually works. make sure the installer and swype is uninstalled from the previous version.

tried this 3 times making sure everything was completely uninstalled and same message...grrr...swype withdrawal is tough!

you cant just delete it from your file manager? Whats the way to correctly uninstall?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Xda-developers has a hacked version about halfway down on page 24 of the Swype thread that works without the installer.
It gave me an error once about the screen resolution on my Droid but is working beautifully :)

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

Whats tapatalk?

It's a method of posting on this forum from your phone. See http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/35162-tapatalk.html

Although I had problems (I'm part of the beta team and got the email) with the new install last week, Sywpe seems to be working for me. I agree with the others; just set it up with a donation and be done with it.

EVILOLIVE

Reaction score
Xda-developers has a hacked version about halfway down on page 24 of the Swype thread that works without the installer.
It gave me an error once about the screen resolution on my Droid but is working beautifully :)

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

Whats tapatalk?

It's a method of posting on this forum from your phone. See http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/35162-tapatalk.html

Although I had problems (I'm part of the beta team and got the email) with the new install last week, Sywpe seems to be working for me. I agree with the others; just set it up with a donation and be done with it.

dude, I would pay a LOT for it! When I had to send some texts this morning, and update my to do list...using the stock keyboard...I almost started crying!

mitchb2

Reaction score
I've never had any problems with the Swype beta version. Why do they think it's not ready for market?

Before I knew Swype was expired I tried Swyping on the native keyboard and it locked up my phone for about 30 seconds. :)

EVILOLIVE

Reaction score
Thank god I got Swype back! Although, I sure miss my pretty purple swype keyboard. :icon_ banana:

astronaut

Reaction score
Hey Swype Inc.! If you monitor any of these forums (and you should be monitoring them!!!) you would see that there are a LOT of us here who would gladly pay for your product. BUT we are also getting tired of all the runaround. PLEASE give us a product we can buy. If you keep going the this way for much longer you will lose our good graces and our attention. That is all.

Mamaperk

Reaction score
I didn't even notice the June 8th email about the beta upgrade until I had the same "expired" message today ... downloaded and installed the beta-upgrade and couldn't swype. Had to reboot, uninstall, re-install ...
eventually it worked for me.

I really hope they make Swype available in the market at some point ... I'd happily pay for it ... I can barely 'type' anymore on my phone when I have to use the native keyboard. I love Swype!

I have tried shapewriter and slide-it ... but always come back to swype!

jcardona1

Reaction score
thank god for the interwebz! i was having swype withdrawals after it expired last night. i know the Swype guys dont owe us CRAP, but this keyboard becomes such an important part of the phone that it makes using anything else almost impossible. they really should figure out a solution for the masses. but no worries, i'm back in business now :D

vrdubin6

Reaction score
Hey Swype Inc.! If you monitor any of these forums (and you should be monitoring them!!!) you would see that there are a LOT of us here who would gladly pay for your product. BUT we are also getting tired of all the runaround. PLEASE give us a product we can buy. If you keep going the this way for much longer you will lose our good graces and our attention. That is all.

The money is in selling this product to phone manufactures, not a dozen people on Droid Forums that say they will pay for it. I don't think the big wigs at Swype are checking this forum for people saying they will buy it and multiplying that number times $5.

pittdude

Reaction score
I was disappointed this morning when my Beta ran out on Swype. However, I dl Slideit and am liking it a lot so far.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

If you care so much about sharing your opinion with Swype, I suggest you go on their website and share it in their forum. You'll find many others who have expressed the same opinion.

You'll also find that Swype's business strategy does not currently include selling the product to end users.