Swype beta 5612 expired?

jeremz

Reaction score
It was failing for me at the registration after the download and install, then after like 8 or 10 tries with uninstalling, restarting, taking a break, etc. it worked. The only reason I was trying this last time was so that I could get the error messages right in the email I was sending them. Very strange.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It was failing for me at the registration after the download and install, then after like 8 or 10 tries with uninstalling, restarting, taking a break, etc. it worked. The only reason I was trying this last time was so that I could get the error messages right in the email I was sending them. Very strange.

I got a few error messages last week. I also updated the first post so new visitors to this thread can get the facts in that first post. Suggestions welcomed.

ZX-10R

Reaction score
just got my email and downloaded all went smoothly..

wil318466

Reaction score
ok, I take what I said back. I installed SlideIt, tried to send 1 text message, couldn't stand it, and

Ok, sorry about that. Just trying to help

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
still cant effin do this. tried erasing every trace of swype and it still said install failed: swype is already installed. please uninstall and try again.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
still cant effin do this. tried erasing every trace of swype and it still said install failed: swype is already installed. please uninstall and try again.

Abe, you filtered-all and got rid of both the installer and the actual app?

When I first went to SG 6.0 I had issues too. Are you on a rooted phone? If so search for swype everywhere. I ended up even renaming apk's on my sdcard back then. I may have used Astro to get it installed from there.

Also, I updated the first post with subsynth's news.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

When I first went to SG 6.0 I had issues too. Are you on a rooted phone? If so search for swype everywhere. I ended up even renaming apk's on my sdcard back then. I may have used Astro to get it installed from there.

yep both - im on bb v1.1. i used astro too to search and deleted all of them. think ill just wait til tomorrow to get me some swype

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

There are additional hints to overcome this problem on the swype website forum. Specifically, it appears that if some background apps are running the background it can interfere with the installation of Swype. One user reported uninstalling ATK and solving the problem, for example.

And from the Swype beta manager comes this...

"Sorry to hear you're having trouble. A small percentage of users are having the installer process killed by a greedy system activity manager before the installation is finished, thus resulting in the errors you've seen. Please try the install steps in this order:
1) Uninstall both Swype and SwypeInstaller from your device
2) Reboot your device
3) Close as many widgets from your desktop as possible
4) Download the SwypeInstaller
5) Use a task-manager to kill all non-essential running apps
6) Install and run the SwypeInstaller
Let me know if that works for you!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are additional hints to overcome this problem on the swype website forum. Specifically, it appears that if some background apps are running the background it can interfere with the installation of Swype. One user reported uninstalling ATK and solving the problem, for example.

And from the Swype beta manager comes this...

"Sorry to hear you're having trouble. A small percentage of users are having the installer process killed by a greedy system activity manager before the installation is finished, thus resulting in the errors you've seen. Please try the install steps in this order:
1) Uninstall both Swype and SwypeInstaller from your device
2) Reboot your device
3) Close as many widgets from your desktop as possible
4) Download the SwypeInstaller
5) Use a task-manager to kill all non-essential running apps
6) Install and run the SwypeInstaller
Let me know if that works for you!

i tried but to no avail. ill just wait til tomr morning...

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i tried but to no avail. ill just wait til tomr morning...

If you have Root Explorer use that to search for swype. I think Astro misses a directory on system/apps or system/data ?? (this ring a bell for anyone else?)

jim1974

Reaction score
I was so bummed today, just started out as a bad day and then I got the "your trial period has ended" which just made things worse. I tried ShapeWriter but I just hated it, couldn't uninstall fast enough. Then, in the words of Val Kilmer, in the midst of my preparation for Hari Kari I got an email alert. I opened up gmail and there it was....my Swype beta invitation! I'm so happy to finally be running a "legit" version of Swype.

aVgJoE

Reaction score
XDA developers ....Scared..

Hey,
XDA developers have removed all threads on Swype... I have it installed...From what I gather this one can't expire...soon as people got tired of being jerked around they fought back and then...cry baby cease and desist. Oh well...I wont buy it when it hits the market...this method is way cheaper and I can <mod edit: remove method used to illegally obtain software> when I think I need an update.

Swype can <edit: removed>

Last edited by a moderator: