Swype getting worse?

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by Bdog, Aug 22, 2010.

1. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You're not alone.

2. EbE404

EbE404 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, thats a +1 from me as well. As I mentioned, after the last update, I did need to readjust my settings, but it's been fine otherwise. I'm also part of the official beta.

For the folks that are having problems, could you let us know what version you have and if they are the official beta releases or one of the leaks?

3. JimmyD

JimmyD Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also experiencing the wasn't / want and too / to auto correction hassles. :(

4. JimmyD

JimmyD Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ughh.... I tried SlideIt for about 4 days and couldn't stand it compared to Swype. :(

It has potential, but it's just too cumbersome in my opinion compared to the experience I have have with Swype. SlideIt could be better if tey incorporated some of the features that Swype has, like the ability to capitalize the first letter of a word just by sliding your finger up above the keyboard box before selecting the first letter.

5. RolandOG

RolandOG Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Official beta member with no issues here.

6. Blayzejlm

Blayzejlm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im right there with you guys. want/wasn't problem and everything. Official beta member since the beginning and its just been getting worse.

7. vrdubin6

vrdubin6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is the worst one... every freaking time.

8. orizzle

orizzle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I finally got so sick of the new beta (v1.52), I did some digging and found a way to extend beta build 5612 (the good one) indefinitely. Let me know if there's still an interest of getting Swype working the way it used to.

9. skaman9876

skaman9876 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was reading into the release notes on the update for swype.... that is where the problem is coming from. They tried to "fix" some of the overlap words and some of the swype "definitions" to "improve" functionality, but it is just causing some of us (definitely me, OG Beta tester) to have problems swyping certain words that were never a problem before. Failure. Hopefully they get the feedback that a majority of us are experiencing and release another update fixing or going back to previous swype coding.

10. Private-Cowboy

Private-Cowboy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why not take a look at 'Ultra Keyboard'. It does swyping too (called tracing here) and works quite well. Not as well as Swype in its best version but the feature is very new to the app. And besides that it is a very feature richt keyboard. Bought it lately and have not looked back.

11. Riley

Riley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought I was just over tired and sloppy with my swype....but I am noticing it having trouble with some words as well since the last update. I've also noticed it lagging more than normal when I have a lot of apps running up in my status bar.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

12. jerroedr

jerroedr Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the wasn't want thing was finally fixed for me with the new update. swype has always been a little inaccurate, but its much faster than the stock keyboard. It works GREAT on phones that come with it, but typos happen.

Also, swype is supposed to learn how you type and adjust over time. So changing roms every 3 days probably doesnt help. Maybe the new version has this as an enhanced feature.

aside from that, check out my signature for a way to theme your swype! really cool!

Search tags for this page
android swype becoming less accurate
android swype getting wors
galaxy s3 swype inaccurate after update
new swype worse
swype becomes less accurate
swype gets worse over time

swype getting worse

swype inaccurate

swype is getting worse
swype keyboard getting worse and worse