Sweeter Home UPDATED public Beta is out!!

brock

Reaction score
if you dont have the paid app you can always delete that layer.

CDB

Reaction score
Then (and I just suggest this to the developer) it would be nice if the Theme creators had to list which programs and/or widgets are used/required with their themes.

This would be nice for sure but at least in the meantime when you edit a given theme and the red boxes appear, give the box a tap and it says which widget/app should be there. But yeah, a sorted list of what's included would help out a lot.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Then (and I just suggest this to the developer) it would be nice if the Theme creators had to list which programs and/or widgets are used/required with their themes.

This would be nice for sure but at least in the meantime when you edit a given theme and the red boxes appear, give the box a tap and it says which widget/app should be there. But yeah, a sorted list of what's included would help out a lot.

Yeah but that's only for the widgets. Icons (like the 'folders' used by AppOrganizer) just disappear.

M

Matth3w

^^^ That was my issue...trying to remember exactly how it was supposed to look (among other things).

And some of the themes are redundant. Like the one has the MiniInfo widget AND a battery widget...why?!?!?

yamaha83

Reaction score
it does run a lot smoother... but i still get some times where it will lock up the phone... and i really needed to get a call out ASAP and it locked up on me and i could get the call out till i switched to a diffrent home app... so for now i think im going to stick with stock, home++, or GDE... once all the issues are taken care of ill be on board with sweeter home for sure! but until then its just to unreliable in all the wrong moments...

gwwjpd

Reaction score
jps_droid

SH left 2-4.jpgSH home 2-4.jpgSH home all apps 2-4.jpgSH right 2-4.jpgSH top 2-4.jpg

This is my Sweeter Home theme.

Left screen is just some settings and widgets.

Home screen has a "springboard"s for messages, contacts and apps. The apps "springboard" shows "tagged tray" controlled "springboards". (It is a little confusing, I know.). And a block that launches the market and one to launch the browser.

Right screen has multimedia widgets and a "custom tray".

Top screen is a calendar widget and an agenda widget.

Bottom screen (not pictured) is an "all apps" block. But since I added that as a "springboard" to my home screen, It will soon change again.

I just started trying to customize the landscape screen.

There is a very steep learning curve for Sweeter Home. It's tough to get started, I downloaded and un-installed several times before it started to click. But after a lot of time and sore eyes, I like the results.

I have GDE, (which I liked until I found Sweeter Home), as my Home replacement app, while I tweak my Sweeter Home theme, when I get the time. It helps out to have an app killer installed to kill it and restart editing. (For some reason after I exit editing sometimes, not all the time, it gets very slow, just kill it and restart it. It DOES help.)

When you download a theme from the "Theme list", it doesn't load the widgets that they have. You need to tell it which one to load. So you can put any widget in any widget block.

"Springboards" turn on and off "widgets" and "trays".

I think only the "tagged trays" auto load up. "Custom trays" do not, you just long press on the block and tell what app you want in it.

I hope this helps somebody out.

dustyfeathers

Reaction score
View attachment 2613View attachment 2614View attachment 2615View attachment 2616View attachment 2617

This is my Sweeter Home theme.

Left screen is just some settings and widgets.

Home screen has a "springboard"s for messages, contacts and apps. The apps "springboard" shows "tagged tray" controlled "springboards". (It is a little confusing, I know.). And a block that launches the market and one to launch the browser.

Right screen has multimedia widgets and a "custom tray".

Top screen is a calendar widget and an agenda widget.

Bottom screen (not pictured) is an "all apps" block. But since I added that as a "springboard" to my home screen, It will soon change again.

I just started trying to customize the landscape screen.

There is a very steep learning curve for Sweeter Home. It's tough to get started, I downloaded and un-installed several times before it started to click. But after a lot of time and sore eyes, I like the results.

I have GDE, (which I liked until I found Sweeter Home), as my Home replacement app, while I tweak my Sweeter Home theme, when I get the time. It helps out to have an app killer installed to kill it and restart editing. (For some reason after I exit editing sometimes, not all the time, it gets very slow, just kill it and restart it. It DOES help.)

When you download a theme from the "Theme list", it doesn't load the widgets that they have. You need to tell it which one to load. So you can put any widget in any widget block.

"Springboards" turn on and off "widgets" and "trays".

I think only the "tagged trays" auto load up. "Custom trays" do not, you just long press on the block and tell what app you want in it.

I hope this helps somebody out.

You should be a teacher! Excellent discriptions of what the different functions do (in plain easy to understand) language. Thanks bunches for this!

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
i have been using sweeterhome for a while. I do like it and i do enjoy how much customization you have. I just don't like how the theme server is handled, there needs to be a better way to view the themes, and a way to view more of them.

punyweakling

Reaction score
i have been using sweeterhome for a while. I do like it and i do enjoy how much customization you have. I just don't like how the theme server is handled, there needs to be a better way to view the themes, and a way to view more of them.
Yeah that's the dev's pet peeve. He's working on it.

Reaction score
Just found SH a couple of days ago and man it's cool. Talk about "build your OWN Home". I really have to spend a lot of time playing with it to build what I want but I don't see too many limits to it. I've played with some of the others but they weren't nearly as versatile as SH is. I've had ideas for some stuff but this looks like the first one that will let me actually do them. As I play with it, I'll try and post some pics.