Sweeter Home UPDATED public Beta is out!!

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
brock....are you having trouble putting pictures on? it lets me select a pic then shows it til i click all the way back, then it puts my wallpaper in the pic instead of my custom icon

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
bump bump bumity bump bump lol :bump:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to check this out to pass time at work today. Will probably get uninstalled by the end of the day or when 2.1 comes out. Thanks for posting Corinacakes.

CDB

Reaction score
I never bothered with Preview1 - too many 'negative' comments. But damn, this Preview2 is effin amazing! They should probably rename it to Build-a-Home, it's sooo customizable.

I will say though, not that it's a negative for me but it might be for others: Some of the themes available make use of paid apps/widgets. There was one available that had damn near every "Pure" series widget installed along with Beautiful Widgets too. So just be aware that some screenshots you see might not all be composed of objects found directly in Sweeter Home.

DCMountaineer

Reaction score
Cool App. What themes do people most like? I am working with Small Caps right now - I love how it's giving my Droid a whole new look and feel!

Apps like this one are the whole reason I picked Droid over "the phone that should remain nameless"!!

M

Matth3w

Anyone have a link to screenshots or anything? I clicked on the link and didn't see anything.

M

Matth3w

Hush.lol

I'll give it a whirl.

Besides, I'm not so sure you can call me a youth anymore. :(

M

Matth3w

I honestly don't really get it....

The themes look completely different than what you get. The themes have icons but when I download the buttons are only text. I clicked and held and edited and I didn't see a place to change the actual icon.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
i thought this announcement needed its own thread for all the ppl that dumped it for the glitches:D

Sweeter Home 2 Beta updated for ALL BUILDS - please download and install.

Android 1.5 Build now available.
40+ bug fixes.

Widgets updating fixed.
Blurry icons fixed.

Sweeter Home 2 beta – NEW BUILDS: 21 Jan 2010

SWEET!!! Thanks Corinacakes I had abandoned the last beta because it was too glitchy... I'll try this today.

I honestly don't really get it....

The themes look completely different than what you get. The themes have icons but when I download the buttons are only text. I clicked and held and edited and I didn't see a place to change the actual icon.

You have to d/l the proper/desired theme...... from Home hit menu and Theme(s)... the you can browse through all the u/l themes or create your own...

No offense but between this and your 'Screenshots' post you may want to hold off until you get a firmer grasp of things. The forums are here to help and aid not 'hold your hand' with simple things. And it's okay to try things (i.e. clicking though menus ects.) before you post for help.

M

Matth3w

Yeah thanks for the help. The original link didn't have a link to the sweeterhome website that was posted.

Furthermore......you get the theme, which I did...but the then screenshot thumbnail shows certain icons that don't appear when you download the theme. So I edit the theme but there was no specific place to change an icon for that theme. Some of the themes have no icons, some have some that you can change, and some have icons that you can't change and are stuck with whatever icon they put in that spot.

I'm not asking people to hold my hand. Just a simple link to the main page was suffice and to explain how to change the icons or edit the themes in another. If you don't want to help, just don't click the little button that says reply or quote. Or do I need to hold your hand to tell you when to reply or not?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Furthermore......you get the theme, which I did...but the then screenshot thumbnail shows certain icons that don't appear when you download the theme. So I edit the theme but there was no specific place to change an icon for that theme. Some of the themes have no icons, some have some that you can change, and some have icons that you can't change and are stuck with whatever icon they put in that spot.

I'm not asking people to hold my hand. Just a simple link to the main page was suffice and to explain how to change the icons or edit the themes in another. If you don't want to help, just don't click the little button that says reply or quote. Or do I need to hold your hand to tell you when to reply or not?

That's because most of the themes are using widgets and programs you probably don't have on your phone. The icons are probably AppOrganizer icons (seemed to be the most used program on the last themes I used) so if you don't have AppOrganizer (or whatever program they used to create the icons) than of course it's not going to be on your phone. Then (and I just suggested this to the developer) it would be nice if the Theme creators had to list which programs and widgets are used/required with their themes.

Yeah thanks for the help. The original link didn't have a link to the sweeterhome website that was posted.

Takes less time to google than to make a post...
Sweeterhome - Google Search

CDB

Reaction score

Some of the themes available make use of paid apps/widgets. There was one available that had damn near every "Pure" series widget installed along with Beautiful Widgets too. So just be aware that some screenshots you see might not all be composed of objects found directly in Sweeter Home.

I mentioned this earlier in this thread. Does this help explain why what you download looks different than the thumbnail preview?