1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Sweeter Home UPDATED public Beta is out!!

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Corinacakes, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

2. brock

brock New Member

muuuuch more stable.
  3. Corinacakes

brock....are you having trouble putting pictures on? it lets me select a pic then shows it til i click all the way back, then it puts my wallpaper in the pic instead of my custom icon
  4. Corinacakes

bump bump bumity bump bump lol :bump:
  5. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I'm going to check this out to pass time at work today. Will probably get uninstalled by the end of the day or when 2.1 comes out. Thanks for posting Corinacakes.
  6. CDB

CDB New Member

I never bothered with Preview1 - too many 'negative' comments. But damn, this Preview2 is effin amazing! They should probably rename it to Build-a-Home, it's sooo customizable.

I will say though, not that it's a negative for me but it might be for others: Some of the themes available make use of paid apps/widgets. There was one available that had damn near every "Pure" series widget installed along with Beautiful Widgets too. So just be aware that some screenshots you see might not all be composed of objects found directly in Sweeter Home.
  7. DCMountaineer

DCMountaineer New Member

Cool App. What themes do people most like? I am working with Small Caps right now - I love how it's giving my Droid a whole new look and feel!

Apps like this one are the whole reason I picked Droid over "the phone that should remain nameless"!!
  8. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Anyone have a link to screenshots or anything? I clicked on the link and didn't see anything.
  9. CDB

CDB New Member

10. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Hush.lol

I'll give it a whirl.

Besides, I'm not so sure you can call me a youth anymore. :(
  11. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

I honestly don't really get it....

The themes look completely different than what you get. The themes have icons but when I download the buttons are only text. I clicked and held and edited and I didn't see a place to change the actual icon.
  12. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

SWEET!!! Thanks Corinacakes I had abandoned the last beta because it was too glitchy... I'll try this today.

You have to d/l the proper/desired theme...... from Home hit menu and Theme(s)... the you can browse through all the u/l themes or create your own...

No offense but between this and your 'Screenshots' post you may want to hold off until you get a firmer grasp of things. The forums are here to help and aid not 'hold your hand' with simple things. And it's okay to try things (i.e. clicking though menus ects.) before you post for help.
  13. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Yeah thanks for the help. The original link didn't have a link to the sweeterhome website that was posted.

Furthermore......you get the theme, which I did...but the then screenshot thumbnail shows certain icons that don't appear when you download the theme. So I edit the theme but there was no specific place to change an icon for that theme. Some of the themes have no icons, some have some that you can change, and some have icons that you can't change and are stuck with whatever icon they put in that spot.

I'm not asking people to hold my hand. Just a simple link to the main page was suffice and to explain how to change the icons or edit the themes in another. If you don't want to help, just don't click the little button that says reply or quote. Or do I need to hold your hand to tell you when to reply or not?
  14. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

That's because most of the themes are using widgets and programs you probably don't have on your phone. The icons are probably AppOrganizer icons (seemed to be the most used program on the last themes I used) so if you don't have AppOrganizer (or whatever program they used to create the icons) than of course it's not going to be on your phone. Then (and I just suggested this to the developer) it would be nice if the Theme creators had to list which programs and widgets are used/required with their themes.

Takes less time to google than to make a post...
    Sweeterhome - Google Search
  15. CDB

CDB New Member

I mentioned this earlier in this thread. Does this help explain why what you download looks different than the thumbnail preview?
  16. brock

brock New Member

if you dont have the paid app you can always delete that layer.
  17. CDB

CDB New Member

This would be nice for sure but at least in the meantime when you edit a given theme and the red boxes appear, give the box a tap and it says which widget/app should be there. But yeah, a sorted list of what's included would help out a lot.
  18. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Yeah but that's only for the widgets. Icons (like the 'folders' used by AppOrganizer) just disappear.
  19. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

^^^ That was my issue...trying to remember exactly how it was supposed to look (among other things).

And some of the themes are redundant. Like the one has the MiniInfo widget AND a battery widget...why?!?!?
  20. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

it does run a lot smoother... but i still get some times where it will lock up the phone... and i really needed to get a call out ASAP and it locked up on me and i could get the call out till i switched to a diffrent home app... so for now i think im going to stick with stock, home++, or GDE... once all the issues are taken care of ill be on board with sweeter home for sure! but until then its just to unreliable in all the wrong moments...