Stock Motoblur ICS for droid4

1989trouble07

Reaction score
i followed the OP steps and it loaded .6.13.219.XT894 this which is not an ICS. re reooted with motofail but its 2.3.6, not 4.0.4

i was running eclipse, but i had switched it back to the stock rom before i did the update

I installed the update just fine. I had to flash the latest sbf file first, apparently I was missing some app on my phone or something and the update wouldn't continue.
But, it is indeed ICS and it's working just fine for me.

Last edited:

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just a word of caution as I know everyone is very excited to see this (I am as well): Be aware that by flashing the leak, you could place your phone in a non-upgradable path.

Many RAZR owners are currently stuck on a non-fastboot restorable version of an ICS leak: .85
They've already seen a new leak: .203, but those that flashed the .85 can't move up to it, because the new leak only applies onto the last Gingerbread version released.

This is why I just downloaded it but didn't flash. Also remember moto names updates from what version you are on not what you are going to. FYI - You can still pull direct from moto on the first QA server.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I agree with Hash. I was hoping someone could DL it so the developers could pick it apart and fix the bugs on AOKP/CM9/Gummi.

I'm hoping this leak is a good indication that ICS is coming in Q3.

Last edited:

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
The real test is if you can fastboot back to .219 from the leak. I would not suggest anyone trying unless its needed.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Big D

Reaction score
So is it a definite that if we upgrade to this now, we're off the upgrade path for good?

Is it possible that we'd just be off the OTA path for this one and the next one will be fine (because the next one will be upgrading from this)? Does that make any sense?

r314bd

Reaction score
The real test is if you can fastboot back to .219 from the leak.
You cannot. I decided to be stupid and attempted it, you know, for science.

During the flash I got this error message: "Failed flashing process. 6/18 flash "cdt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL". The phone is now stuck in AP Fastboot mode. Prior to the ICS update, I had successfully flashed the 6.13.219 fastboot file with no problems.
So is it a definite that if we upgrade to this now, we're off the upgrade path for good?
Yes

Last edited:

1989trouble07

Reaction score
The real test is if you can fastboot back to .219 from the leak. I would not suggest anyone trying unless its needed.

I was able to. I updated, then flashed back again. Now I'm back on ICS again.

Edit: After reading SGMD1's post above I'm scared to try it again. Lol.

Last edited:

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
You cannot. I decided to be stupid and attempted it, you know, for science.

During the flash I got this error message: "Failed flashing process. 6/18 flash "cdt.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL". The phone is now stuck in AP Fastboot mode. Prior to the ICS update, I had successfully flashed the 6.13.219 fastboot file with no problems.

Yes

You will need to fastboot flash the 5-6 partitions that got written to during the restore. We might be lucky in that those first 5 or so partitions are whole .img files in the leak.zip, and if you can fastboot flash those back, you should get booted back into the leak for now.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

r314bd

Reaction score
You will need to fastboot flash the 5-6 partitions that got written to during the restore. We might be lucky in that those first 5 or so partitions are whole .img files in the leak.zip, and if you can fastboot flash those back, you should get booted back into the leak for now.
Interesting. How would I go about doing this?

orangejuiced

Reaction score
after it loaded the 619, i did the same check and the ICS build populated. Im going to give it a shot, this isnt my main phone so if i cant do much for a lil bit, ill go back to my Tbolt.

I repair phones for a living, I would love to learn to dabble in the SW side of it.

orangejuiced

Reaction score
phone failed to load the ics build 2 different times.

should I remove safestrap and eclipse before i try this update?

the update was done form the stock rom side of SS, but im wondering if it is causing the problem

Last edited:

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I apologize for my last post. it was not to be a challenge. the fast boot files are very finicky and should not used unless you have no other means of restoring. My post was more of a "ohh, boy.... now the question is can you revert back". I should have been clearer. Hope you are able to figure it out SGMD1.

OP
H

Hooks405

Reaction score
E
phone failed to load the ics build 2 different times.

should I remove safestrap and eclipse before i try this update?

the update was done form the stock rom side of SS, but im wondering if it is causing the problem

Im not sure thats a question for hashcode, i would assume so because safestrap hijacks the boot process to take you into the alternate recovery.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
i would suggest that no one install it until we are certain you can return to gingerbread, otherwise you may not receive the OTA ICS update (whenever that it) according to what Hashcode said.

It would be best to just let the developers play with the leak and modify AOKP/CM9/Gummi.