Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector install and review

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Just arrived in the mail today. I must say I am really impressed with how fast it shipped considering it was just released on July 14th.

Package contents:
It comes with two screen protectors. That is it and that is all you need. It came packaged in a large envelope and sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard. Nice touch

Installation:
Installation was a snap. Took a total of five minutes from package open to install complete. I installed mine in the bathroom with the shower running on hot to create a humid environment. This helps keep dust down. I cleaned my screen with a microfiber cloth and a few squirts of eyeglass cleaner. After that I cleaned it again. That is just the OCD in me. I laid the protector down on the screen to make sure it fit and to see what alignment would be before removing the protective film. Peeled part of the back film away and aligned it with the top and slowly applied it downward using a credit card to smooth it as I went. When application was done I used the credit card to smooth out the edges. Then I peeled the top protective layer off. Finished!!!

Results:
I must say that I am extremely impressed with these protectors. I have a regular Steinheil on my Droid and it was cut just very slightly big so it never laid flat on one corner. Not the case here. There is only a very slight gap at the top and bottom. When I say slight I mean hairline. There is zero bubbles or raising. Clarity is unaffected. Touch is just slightly less smooth than bare glass but nothing that affects performance. And nowhere near anything like you get from went apply films.

Conclusion:
I highly recommend. Get over to SGP Store and order one now.

SGPStore.com

DSCN0526.jpg

DSCN0528.jpg

DSCN0530.jpg

DSCN0534.jpg

DSCN0530.jpg

NuDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the review and pictures , mines should be here on tuesday...

scottm264

Reaction score
I've heard that there is no chance of scratching this screen. Why do you feel that you need the screen protector? I am just trying to decide myself if I need one of these... Thanks!

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I've heard that there is no chance of scratching this screen. Why do you feel that you need the screen protector? I am just trying to decide myself if I need one of these... Thanks!

I am of the belief that I don't necessarily NEED a screen protector. I just choose to use one in case I ever do.

There are plenty of people out there who don't hesitate to preach that you DO NOT need a screen protector. Period. I am not going, nor have I ever told anyone that they NEED a screen protector. You will not hear that from me as it is not my place to say. Though I have said and will continue to say that no matter what a screen is made of, no matter how well you care for it there is always the possibility of a scratch.

And if you think that there is no chance of scratching the screen?? Read my thread here from yesterday. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...think-you-dont-need-screen-protector-huh.html

rjoudrey

Reaction score
I have never gotten the smallest scratch on my Droid 1, I treat my phones really good always in the holster. My Droid X got a minor scratch which surprised me, later the same day I noticed 3, ordered the SGP ASAP.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
SGP Steinheil Screen Protection is the Best out in my opinion. The others cover part Zagg covers the clear part of the glass only, SGP Steinheilcovers the Whole screen including the black area on the glass. I use the anti finger print cover.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I have never gotten the smallest scratch on my Droid 1, I treat my phones really good always in the holster. My Droid X got a minor scratch which surprised me, later the same day I noticed 3, ordered the SGP ASAP.

Yeah I had a scratch in my X screen right out of the box. Got it exchanged for a new one.

rydizzle

Reaction score
Do any brick and mortar businesses sell Steinheil UC? Or is it only online?

pointzero1

Reaction score
I own a Zune HD, which I believe has the same gorilla glass as the X. It is scratch resistant, but it is not impossible for it to scratch. I have a scratch on my Zune HD, it bothered me for a bit, but not anymore.

LunaImages

Reaction score
Nice review and photos. After reading this thread, I went and purchased a pack. I've got the Verizon protector on mine and I HATE the way it looks. I'm too OCD to go without protection, even if people say it doesn't scratch.

It'll be here just in time to put one on my fiancé's DX, too! =]

umx

Reaction score
this is not the matte finish right bc i got those from verizonand i hate em .