Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protectors now available!!!!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Great news. Steinheil has just released the Ultra Crystal screen protectors for the RAZR. For those unfamiliar these are top shelf screen protectors. Not junk. They are dry apply, optically clear, scratch resistant, very resistant to fingerprints and won't affect touch sensitivity. I currently use Steinheil Ultra on my Droid X. When I show people they can't even tell there is a screen protector installed. I will be placing my order in just a few minutes.

Check them out here.

SGP Motorola DROID RAZR Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series - DROID RAZR - Motorola - Cell Phones

You can also find them a little cheaper on their amazon and ebay stores.

And here is some install tips that I wrote up over a year ago:

• Go into your bathroom and shut the door. Turn your shower on hot (or take a shower) and let the steam build up. This will keep dust particles from floating around. Dust is one of the biggest problems when installing any screen protectors.
  • Lay the protector on the screen and familiarize yourself on how it fits lines up to all four edges.
  • Thoroughly clean the screen using a a microfiber eyeglass cleaning cloth and either eyeglass cleaning solution or a mix of isopropyl alcohol and water. Make sure you clean all the way to the edges. After cleaning the screen clean it again just to be sure.
  • Keep a roll of good quality scotch tape with you. Not that gummy generic junk. It will help bring the protector up if you need to realign it. I have found it best to put pieces on opposite corners to peel it up and a long piece across the length to help lay it back down if needed. You can also use the tape method during you initial installation if you want to help align it.
  • The protector will have to protective coating on it. One on the adhesive side and one on the side facing out. Do not remove the outside coating until you have it where you want it.
  • Take your time!!!!

Use these tips and you should have no issues at all.

Falconone

Reaction score
Ordered one earlier today for my razr, my og droid still has the original steinheil protector I put on 2 years ago and looks brand new.

LiquidHonesty

Reaction score
I ordered some for the wife's Razr this weekend. They are by far the BEST screen protectors out there! I've tried all the rest (Zagg, Bodyguardz, GhostArmor, etc) and always come back to these.........

oscarod

Reaction score
Great instructions. The scotch tape trick sounds really helpful.

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I love these protectors! Used them on my droid x and never had to replace it. Got mine in the mail the other day, put it on, noticed some dirt under it, took their "Dust removal sticker", carefully lifted up the protector, removed the dust, and placed it back down - can't even tell there was ever a speck of dust under it. Crystal clear, extra smooth like the original glass, perfect protection for the Razr!

thefuzz

Reaction score
Got mine a few days ago. I only use the ultra crystal protectors. I have had to replace on my X a few times as they do not IMO last that long without either getting minor scratches or lifting up.

As far as quality, they are a joy to use. Super smooth to Swype on! My only complaint on this one for the Razr, it does not fit the entire screen. There is the slightest gap on the sides which I don't understand. Anyone notice this or is mine cut wrong?

I do however especially like the cut out at the top for the camera and metal. Kudos to Steinheil!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

LiquidHonesty

Reaction score
There is the slightest gap on the sides which I don't understand. Anyone notice this or is mine cut wrong?

Nope, same for me as well....while it does cover the useable area of the screen, it's still kind of annoying. I'll still be using them though. (or I should say the wife will)