Steinheil ULTRA CRYSTAL Screen Protector for MOTOROLA Droid X

todroid

Reaction score
While I myself cannot get the X, as I have had my original Droid since November, I'm helping my buddy find accessories for his upcoming purchase. I've been using Steinheil Crystal protector on mine with great success, so naturally I started looking for the same version for DX to recommend to him.
Then I found this (I don't think this has been posted yet, if it has, my apologies):
SGP Steinheil ULTRA CRYSTAL Screen Protector for MOTOROLA Droid X [Verizon]

I'm assuming it's out of stock because it has not been released yet, but I'm definitely telling my friend to hold out for this one. Thought I'd share with the other future DX users.

baniels

Reaction score
My recommendation is to stay away from the Anti-Fingerprint variety. I had one on my Droid 1 and it reduces the clarity of the screen. Everything has a slight blur.

See below.

1857d1263665102-steinheil-anti-fingerprint-blur-steinheil-blur.jpg

rolandct

Reaction score
So is the Ultra Crystal one any better? Mine just shipped and now I am worried. I don't want blur.

OP
T

todroid

Reaction score
ultra clear is much better. I've tried the AF as well and went back to clear shortly after. Pretty much like the naked screen.

baniels

Reaction score
He is right. If it is anything like the Crystal for the Droid, you won't be disappointed. Just like bare glass.

NuDroid

Reaction score
Mines just shipped yesterday , can't wait to remove the one from verizon ...

WHOisDAN

Reaction score
I wonder when they will get more in stock. I need one!

Edit: Ebay has the SGP Ultra Crystal. $16 shipped.

Last edited:

bobbyv

Reaction score
They're in stock again on SGPStore. I just ordered mine.dancedroid

Signum

Reaction score
I had the same crystal clear protector on my incredible and i loved it. Picked up a set of these for my x and they're amazing as well. Highly recommend them.

Sent from my DROIDX

halffrozen

Reaction score
Ghost Armor is amazing.

My Fiance has just the screen covered, but when my DX come sin I am getting the entire thing covered. Its amazing. Doesn't even look like it is on there...