Steinheil Crystal

billyk

Reaction score
Webmastuh: try contacting Steinheil. They can probably assist you over the phone and will probably gladly send you another package.

It really can be done well, but I'll admit that even for a dude with prior Zagg experience, as well as cutting my own from the 3M product Zagg uses, it is a bit tricky. Again, they may be able to offer some advice via phone that will help.

Going "naked" is always a option. But if a screen protector is what you want/need, Steinheil is tops, IMO.

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Anyone elses fingers stick to protector now that's on? Can making typing a pain sometimes.

billyk

Reaction score
Quite the contrary, the Steinheil protector feels like glass on my Droid.

Try the Zagg InvisibleShield and compare that to the Steinheil. I think you'll see how "sticky" a protector can be with the Zagg!

Audiophobe

Reaction score
I've had mine for a few days now. Easy install, like thirty seconds. I forget it's on the screen. Best protector I've ever had.

silentbob343

Reaction score
Put mine on tonight; no air bubbles, but I didn't have any compressed air or tape on hand and there is one tiny spec that is driving me nuts. Hoping I can over look it, but I might go and use protector # 2.

Chesapeake

Reaction score
My Steinheil Crystal went on just fine. A week has gone by, though, and it's driving me crazy. It's not as smooth when sliding screens, it seems less accurate and less easy to type. The MOST ANNOYING THING? SMUDGES! My GOD. This protector atracts dust, pet hair smears from anything and everything. Ladies, wear moisturizer? Even light one? Forget it. Leaves screen looking like crap. Have to clean it more than three times a day. Anybody think the fingerprint-free one will help or have same problem???

mec6250

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No - try cleaning it with a bit of alcohol on a microfiber cloth - I so this in the morning everyday - cuts through any grease or oild that may have accumulated on the screen protector. I put mine on at the kitchen table following the directions included with the protectors. it's perfect.

etx_droid

Reaction score
Got mine installed today...screwed up the first one (my fault), second one went on perfectly. Can't even really tell there's a screen protector on the phone...still really smooth and screen clarity seems a little better, but maybe that's just my mind playing tricks on me.

dilailamams

Reaction score
It probably is playing mind tricks on you. As far as I understand, no screen protector can be better than the bare screen itself. But then again, if it doesn't even feel like it is there, it must be pretty close to the glass-feel.

JimmyD

Reaction score
....no screen protector can be better than the bare screen itself....

Agreed!

(I know you're referring to the clarity of the screen versus a screen with a protector on it)

But I'll also add....
For almost 10 years, I've used screen protectors on my devices (phones, MP3 players, screen on back of digi-cams, etc)... but with my Droid, I do not have a screen protector!

The OEM screen is proven to be very resilient to scratching. (Have you seen the videos of the guy trying to scratch his phone with a key by banging down on the screen?!?! :icon_eek: Not a scratch to the screen at all!)

I'm comfortable with the apparent tensile strength of the screen considering the key attack it withstood in that video. I'm confident that any screen protector would have come out of that attack very scratched up!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the videos of the guy trying to scratch his phone with a key by banging down on the screen?!?! :icon_eek: Not a scratch to the screen at all!
Of course. Have you seen the threads from those with scratched screens? Have you seen the threads that point out that brass is softer than and won't scratch glass?

The decision to use a screen protector is certainly a very subjective matter but it's not germane to this thread IMO. I'm not sure why the nekkid enthusiasts feel the need to threadcrap every single screen protector thread.

bastosero

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought the screen protector from Steinheil also, but it just didn't seem to look that good. I guess I didn't put it well enough. I had too many air bubbles so it just annoyed me a lot. I'm rockin' the Droid bare naked again for the screen. I thought it would be easier to put the screen protector on the Droid. For those that put it on successfully, congratulations to you guys. For me though, it was just a waste of money and time, but oh well.

JimmyD

Reaction score
Have you seen the videos of the guy trying to scratch his phone with a key by banging down on the screen?!?! :icon_eek: Not a scratch to the screen at all!
Of course. Have you seen the threads from those with scratched screens? Have you seen the threads that point out that brass is softer than and won't scratch glass?

Very good points!

The decision to use a screen protector is certainly a very subjective matter but it's not germane to this thread IMO. I'm not sure why the nekkid enthusiasts feel the need to threadcrap every single screen protector thread.

I agree 100% that these choices are all very subjective. :) Sorry if my post came across as negative though. I wasn't trying to derail the thread or "threadcrap" in it!

:icon_ goofy: "Threadcrap" is certainly a new term to me! I'll have to remember that one for potential future use.

dieselpowered

Reaction score
I had this same screen protector, went on perfect, and everything was going great...unfortunately, I found that it scratched way too easily and eventually ended up looking like crap. I have since went back to the Invisible Shield.

mixtape

Reaction score
I had this same screen protector, went on perfect, and everything was going great...unfortunately, I found that it scratched way too easily and eventually ended up looking like crap. I have since went back to the Invisible Shield.
I'm surprised to hear this actually. I was under the impression that Steinheil was better quality than Invisible Shield :mellow:.