Steinheil Crystal

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by EMC23, Jan 2, 2010.

1. LT*

LT* Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently put my Crystal on, and it went on very easy and fits very well. One problem is that I have ONE long piece of dust/thread under it, and it drives me crazy. It's on so perfectly that I can't bring myself to remove it for that one piece. I will say that I think fingerprints came off the naked glass much easier and more completely than they do now, and it does attract more dust, but at least it's protected (if it even needs to be).

2. Big Cam

Big Cam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As muchas I would recommended this to people, after dust getting under my second one, I'm going naked, I'm a very careful person so I don't see the need, the screen handles my daily usage.

3. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In retrospect, I realize that I misread the comment I was replying to as "eliminate" smudges.

4. RyanS2000

RyanS2000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use the ones pictured below on my Droid and iPod touch. They go on with no bubbles and they do not affect screen sensitivity at all. They do tend to accumulate finger prints, though, which is the only negative thing about them. They have a smooth texture just like the screen itself. Can be had on ebay in packs of 3 for about $1.00.

[​IMG]
    http://cgi.ebay.com/3-LCD-Screen-Pr...wItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item3efce301f0

5. billyk

billyk Member

Ratings:
    +10
    With years of successful experience installing the Zagg product, I tried my hand at the Steinheil today. I used all of the advice provided in this thread.

- The first protector lined-up well, but left a tiny fraction touching the frame at the bottom, producing that bubbled look. Reapplying didn't work, as apparently, when the film is flexed upward (during gentle removal) even a tiny amount, it will not lay back down properly. No problem, I've got another...

- The second install was perfect, but there's a ultra tiny cut in the film in the middle of the screen, and it produces a freak'in bubble! No way that my fingers, or the side of the squeegee cut that film. Can't win!

Overall, the Steinheil feels better and is clearer than the Zagg. But, looking at it now, it seems to want to lift a bit from the edges in a couple of spots. Jury is still out for me.

Naked may be the only way to go for me!!

6. ToddClark

ToddClark Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i see they ship those from Hong Kong. Damn, how long does it take to get them from the time you order?

7. ToddClark

ToddClark Member

Ratings:
    +1
    just got my Steiny Crystal in the mail yesterday. Not gonna go into detail, cus most everything has been said. Just let me say, im not a fan, especially for what they cost compared to the cheapo's. IMO, no way theyre worth the money. I may try the cheap ones and see how they do, but in my line of work, these things just aint gonna last that long, and damned if im gonna pay what Steinheil charges.

8. WolfMan69

WolfMan69 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Finally got around to installing my Crystal lastnight.. was extremely careful.. cleaned the crap out of my screen before applying.. went to the website to double check install instructions.. and I almost got it on perfectly.. but I missed judged it by a hair and the bottom right corner hits the bevel edge by just a knat's hair and hence has air under it and I cannot get it to settle down.

No real biggee and I didn't want to ruin it trying to pull it up and resetting it. Though that micron lip of it sticking up will probably cause it to come up earlier than it should. I think abotu using some tape to pull the corner up and see if I can razor the atom size amount that needs to be removed for it to sit right...

No other bubbles or dust or lint. Very clear and nice feel to it..

BUT!!! It is night and day difference on screen responsiveness :mad: .. I'm going to leave it on for now but I am not happy with the affect on the touch screen. (and yes I took the protective bluish cover film off.. ;-) ) It constantly misses my touch now and I have to repeat my actions many times now for the screen to respond. Not always mind you but enough that it is very noticable from how it acted before the protector was applied. Just my 2 cents...

9. Big Cam

Big Cam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For 3 dollars shipped, i bought 2 (6 screens) to try them out.

10. DJ Jesus

DJ Jesus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Case-mate

Sorry if this has been posted before. Newbie here. I gave up on screen protectors also and got the case-mate naked cover. It took some pressure to get the bottom buttons to work well, but after some time it worked fine. It's like having an invisashield, but only thicker. I like mine alot. Every now and then it'll get a bubble, but it's easy to get rid of it by pressing the edges. I've had other phones with screen protectors and I seem to go through them like toilet paper. Check them out if you want an alternative.

11. knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here... another reason i got phantom skins installed (like invisi shield)

12. leftbrain99

leftbrain99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I definitely noticed a difference at first, as well. But Give it a few days and I think you will get used to the feel/response of it and won't notice it as much. From time to time, I get to where I can tell that it's not registering as well as it should, but it still comes back to being worth the small sacrifice. I got a small nick on my screen after one week (before installing the Crystal), and I don't want to deal with any more of those.

Search tags for this page

steinheil crystal

steinheil screen protector for droid razr m
what is steinheil crystal