Sourcery 2.2 - Full Version

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Well... there are a few things that i don't run on my phone that you have on the list.

First i hope you don't use TiBu to restore data as that causes issues.
I never tried the SuperCharger script as i never had any need for it.
I don't Use Rom Manager, i flash manually.
I don't run any task killers.

Also, try to limit the amount of apps you have that run auto sync in the bg. Otherwise, not much i can point out, we did have some users that had market issues and after removing the supercharger script it went away, Zepplin did stop by to help tough.
Sorry, wish i had something better to contribute.

TIBU I have just for uninstalling system apps and other utilities.
I just assumed supercharger would help since I used it for GB but I can try undoing it. Not really having any market problems.
I use rommanager just for fixperm, I install manually as well usually with rzr.
I don't use system panel task manager as an actual taskmanager just to monitor running services etc. Was trying to find out what all was running in the bg.

What are you referring to as far as autosync? Like I know gmail does that, and books. But to what else are you referring.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Wow I just looked at the list and though short there looks to be a few categories that might be a drag.
It looks like you have a ton of widgets and the type that run and refresh constantly and are either communicating with the system or using data via the net.
Anything that monitors the system constantly runs and requires constant memory. And then there are all the apps that you use instead of stock which I do also, but I either freeze or delete the stock. If you aren't doing that you have at least two apps doing the same task bogging things down due to doubling down on the demands. Like if you sync and store data for Google calendar and the cool alternative calendar that the sourcerers brought down to us from the gods.
I suggest you do some experiments where you try freezing different apps or pulling down widgets, only very few at a time and each period compare against same time length at current baseline, everything you have running and enabled normally.
When you notice the more dramatic differences, narrow between the ones you had off to pinpoint major culprits. This is why I recommend only a few at a time, so that you can peg the cause quicker. Also to get the most out of the tests, let each test run long enough to allow everything to do what it normally does to get the fullest possible picture.
I have heard amazing things about supercharger but never used it myself, don't want to tweak myself past awesome into Suckville, USA.
Is that something that is either meant to run optimally on Froyo or possibly some type of redundancy as it allows you to run GB with some tweaks more in the Froyo settings/parameters direction.
Just trying to brainstorm and see if anything sticks or causes someone to piggy back off an idea to come up with a more evolved idea.
I know that the only guarantee of failure is not giving everything a shot.
Report back with any findings or hate mail for me, as I have a box for that.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

Bretski169

Reaction score
After a reboot for some reason my galaxy s power widget goes away :-( why oh why.

Bretski169

Reaction score
Also when I try and add a theme it does all the magic like its supposed to. It reboots. Then nothing is themed. It doesn't change. :-(

xaelith

Reaction score
@saturnalius: I was having similar issues with my stock D1 before I got fed up and decided to root my phone. While it's only been a couple weeks, I haven't come across the same issues since. And because the issues have yet to return, I thought it had something to do with the stock D1 not having the necessary hardware to run froyo smoothly, especially with some of the latest updates.

However, I believe that DWB may be on to something. Working for a hardware manufacturing plant myself, sometimes there can be a wide variance in two boards that are supposed to do the exact same thing just because one uses components from companies A B and C, and the other uses parts from companies from X Y and Z. And sometimes companies like the one I work for will mix and match one or all the parts on a board with ones from different companies because (a)company A is cheaper than company X, (b)comapany Z is able to get us the parts sooner than C, or (c)the customer we're producing the boards for prefers company B over Y (and the list as to why that is can go on quite a while). However, there may be other reasons as well, I just named the first ones to come to mind.

I'm sorry, I know I didn't really answer your question, but instead shed some light on the truth of what someone else posted. There's a saying that "nothing lasts forever," and the electronic devices we've come to rely on are sometimes very abrupt and acute reminders of that fact.

Last edited:

longrifle325

Reaction score
Also when I try and add a theme it does all the magic like its supposed to. It reboots. Then nothing is themed. It doesn't change. :-(

Once theme is downloaded, are you installing the update.zip thats placed on sd card? Should work perfectly!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

chewy74

Reaction score
make sure you have enough space in your system folder. around 15 mb's should be good or the theme wont take

Once theme is downloaded, are you installing the update.zip thats placed on sd card? Should work perfectly!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
After a reboot for some reason my galaxy s power widget goes away :-( why oh why.

There is a known issue with the Galaxy Power Widget, the easiest way to bring it back to change the indicator color. It happens across multiple roms.

Bretski169

Reaction score
usb debugging is turned on.......still doesnt work, do all the themes work or just certain ones? also how do I check the system memory? I want to make all the things work on this great rom so I can enjoy it even more.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Which recovery are you using?

All the themes work, for the auto install to work you have to be on CWM, sp and rz wont support the auto install, so it will reboot into recovery but you will have to manually flash and reboot back up.

I like CWM and it works perfectly, one click theme install.

Last edited:

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
it goes into terminal, does its thing, reboots, then nothing

Wayne Bretski
This sounds familiar, like you are not actually connecting to the server but for some reason the system maybe doesn't read that this is occurring.
Does this happen for all the themes?
And do you ever recall the terminal requesting and you allowing it root rights?

danceswithbongs

chris231dkz

Reaction score
Stock charger is the best with this phone. That is weird behavior for the phone to discharge like that with not use, if i leave mine untouched it will stay on for two days easy.
i would bet on something running in the bg... let us know what you find.

Will do, I'll report back once I have pinpointed the problem. :)

Ended up just wiping and installing Sourcery fresh, spent a few days trying to pinpoint the problem, but couldn't find the process that was causing the problem. It was so odd, at random times the phone would just decide 'not sleeping anymore'. I used the compare function of System Panel to see whether a particular app was triggering the lack of sleep but couldn't find any correlation. I now plan to make a back up any time I make changes or tweaks so that I effectively always have an up to date system-restore if this problem arises again.

Last edited:

Bretski169

Reaction score
it goes into terminal, does its thing, reboots, then nothing

Wayne Bretski
This sounds familiar, like you are not actually connecting to the server but for some reason the system maybe doesn't read that this is occurring.
Does this happen for all the themes?
And do you ever recall the terminal requesting and you allowing it root rights?

danceswithbongs

Yeah its doing it for all themes. I don't remember it asking be to allow. Also I have been using cwm recovery ever since I've rooted. It is awesome. Maybe when I updated superuser that caused the problem?

Bretski169

Reaction score
Oh also I installed a theme manually and it worked. Seemed a little slow but it worked. But manual defeats the purpose lol