Sourcery 2.2 - Full Version

martytoo

Reaction score
I've just been trucking on with the 2.2 I flashed when it was first put out.

though, with the Droid3 imminent, I'm curious about one thing. when I give my D1 to my girlfriend, do I have to return it to stock and root again? I'd naturally want to simply leave things as they are, as my sourcery 2.2 has been rock solid for me, and would like to keep it that way for my girlfriend, as it will be her first android device (well, except for my rooted nook color which she keeps taking from me when she goes home, lol)

I am curious as to why you want a Droid3. Why do you want 3g phone when 4g/LTE seems to be rolling out across the country?

darkmatter

Reaction score
4g is in its infancy. I'll be more interested when the tech has matured a bit. 2nd+ gen radios should be smaller and more energy efficient. Is there a single 4g phone smaller than 4.3"? And I keep seeing people complaining about their 4g outages and etc etc. I'm simply not interested right now. I personally think people are putting way too much stock in 4g. I'd rather have a solid device than 4g (and so far, it seems to be either or, not both)

Not only that, where I live is likely to be the last place in the nation to get 4g. ATT got 3g here just a few months ago, Tmobile still doesn't have it.

martytoo

Reaction score
Darkmatter has shed light on the issue. From where in the universe?

In this area ( near Albany NY) we should have LTE by the end of the year.

markwebb

Reaction score
I am curious as to why you want a Droid3. Why do you want 3g phone when 4g/LTE seems to be rolling out across the country?

I, for one, live in an area that won't have 4g this year or even next year. Should I sign within the next few months, by the time of my next upgrade, 4g should be present. I won't have to spend more either. :)

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I'm having problems with my wifes phone. I flashed the latest full version to her phone because her droid will not charge. (I have to charge spare batteries on my phone and keep sawpping them out) I flashes sourcery because of the battery life, but something keeps sucking life out of her phone over night. Last nite it was at 90%, idling all night it was at 20% this morning. All the battery use was low except the sourcery system used 72%. The phone is running slayers lv 800 uc'd to 500.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I'm having problems with my wifes phone. I flashed the latest full version to her phone because her droid will not charge. (I have to charge spare batteries on my phone and keep sawpping them out) I flashes sourcery because of the battery life, but something keeps sucking life out of her phone over night. Last nite it was at 90%, idling all night it was at 20% this morning. All the battery use was low except the sourcery system used 72%. The phone is running slayers lv 800 uc'd to 500.

You should have setting for kernel for screen on and off. I use 800/250
Also the droid stock kernel is 550. To use it at 500 may have a negative effect as the cpu running slower making the battery work harder. Just a guess though..

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

chris231dkz

Reaction score

Having a similar problem, it's a little more sporadic. Every now and again my phone just decided not to sleep and the battery gets eaten, with 10% loss every hour. I have my phone set to clock down to 250 when the screen is off, but sometimes some process seems to keep it awake.

Had Chevy's lv 1200 using the minmax governer to clock down anytime the screen was off, then tried a raidzero and slayher with setcpu handling the clock down to 250 when the screen was off.

In the last few days all three kernels had the no sleep problem at various times of day or night so it seems to not be a kernel problem.

I got ridiculous battery life with GB but not a stable phone, Froyo seems to give me the opposite. Hopefully I can find the app that is causing the problem, and get some decent battery life.

Last edited:
OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
The only screen going crazy issue i can recall reading about in the forum was charger related. Are you using an original droid charger?

chris231dkz

Reaction score
The only screen going crazy issue i can recall reading about in the forum was charger related. Are you using an original droid charger?

It's not that the screen won't sleep, apologies if I didn't explain very well. It's that with the phone sat on my nightstand and the screen off for 8 hours while I sleep, with maybe 80% battery, I wake up and the phone will either be at 10% or off. The screen is off, the phone not being used for 8 hours, but it won't sleep for that whole time, spare parts will show 90 - 100% running. Using the system panel app is giving me a ton of phone info, so I am hoping to nail what the problem is.

As for the charger, I either use my OG droid one, the HTC one my wife got with her Incredible, or the one from my Kindle. Do you recommend just using the OG one to charge with?

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Stock charger is the best with this phone. That is weird behavior for the phone to discharge like that with not use, if i leave mine untouched it will stay on for two days easy.
i would bet on something running in the bg... let us know what you find.

chris231dkz

Reaction score
Stock charger is the best with this phone. That is weird behavior for the phone to discharge like that with not use, if i leave mine untouched it will stay on for two days easy.
i would bet on something running in the bg... let us know what you find.

Will do, I'll report back once I have pinpointed the problem. :)

saturnalius

Reaction score
Does anyone know what causes android lag over time and how to stop/reverse it? I know its a complaint leveled at GB mostly but I notice it with froyo roms as well. Its happening right now with my sourcery install. It has about the same free memory as it did when freshly installed. Same kernel, same setup. And yet the phone is getting slower and slower everyday and more buggy. More random reboots, more fcs. I've cleared cache, run fix perm, and yet it continues to deteriorate. This is not a criticism of sourcery by any means, in fact its one of the best in this regard, since its taken about a month to get to this point and others only take a few weeks. I've noticed this with every rom I've ever used as well as with stock roms unrooted. My wifes droidx does it too running liberty. In fact I just wiped it and reinstalled liberty today after three random reboots in an hour and now its running smooth as can be.

The things I notice overtime with sourcery/froyo in general include: less free memory (even clearing texts, cache etc.), general lagginess especially with browser, launcher, and phone; random reboots and general bugginess increase; phone seems to have more and more trouble waking up from screen off overtime even when kernels etc have not changed.

So any ideas short of wiping and reinstalling once a month