Sourcery 2.2 - Full Version

Discussion in 'Sourcery ROM' started by Chizzele, Jun 4, 2011.

1. eagle1967

eagle1967 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +79
    hey

behind had to have bloatware so I could feel like Verizon. But most can be removedin settings also.

2. -iD

-iD Member

Ratings:
    +1
    @buell: the only thing flaky is many kernel devs support for ext2/3/3, hence my suggestion to use FAT32.

As to restoring from rom manager, since it makes an image and then restores it byte for byte, if it worked when u saved it, it will work when u restore. The only thing I can think is that u are making a Nandroid backup then flashing a new rom then doing an advanced restore to just restore your installed apps to the new rom. If so, even if you've moves ALL your apps to the sd-ext with l2sd, u need to restore /sd-ext AND /data. If u just restore /sd-ext then yes you'd not have them back because you didn't restore the symlinks in /data to tell the system that the actual files are on your SD.

I've used link2sd on every froyo (sourcery, DC, pe, cm6, lfy, ss, Bb) and gingerbread (lgb, cm7, GPA, ss, pe, miui) rom I've tried since l2sd came out, and once I switched to FAT32 I never had another problem on any of them.

Its a great app; you're welcome to not like it but your bashing it doesn't make much sense unless u just had problems with your kernel's implementation of ext2/3/4, which is not the apps fault.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Nope... my second partition is also FAT32 because a lot of the ROMs I've played with didn't support ext2. By the way, ext2 is the better choice of the native Linux file systems. It DOESN'T do "journaling" so it's not only faster, but since solid state memory media (like your microSD card) have a finite number of read/write cycles, won't wear the card out as quickly either. But FAT32 does make a lot more sense as it is compatible with ALL Android ROMs.

4. Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I just let my battery get down to 15% percent last nite since I flashed this full version and noticed it does the default low battery notification instead of the lady talking. Was that just for the blue theme? How do I get her back? Flowers? Candy?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

5. eagle1967

eagle1967 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +79
    That was part of the startrek theme sounds and I think that didn't make it into that new final... whoops I'll see what I can do

6. xaelith

xaelith Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any way of changing out the stock Android emoticons?

7. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery
    Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    You can install emodji with your messaging app, it works well with GO SMS and Handcent

8. listenman20

listenman20 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0

just have use root explorer to put the sounds in the proper places in system/media/audio/ui...ain't it?

9. martytoo

martytoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which apps did you remove? Did you use the freeze function to take them out or is there some other way to do it?

10. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery
    Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    Just choose the app you want to remove and click uninstall, works like a charm.
    I would use TiBu just for uninstalling app no data recovery (as the OP says).

11. martytoo

martytoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dumb question perhaps:

How do I turn off the notification of new version of Sourcery that I get every time I boot? I am running 2.2 but get the notification that 2.1 is available.

(I did a search with "notification" as the search term and nothing came up.}

12. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery
    Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    It sounds like you are on Sourcery 2.2 from the old thread. On this Thread the version is Sourcery 2.2 Kang, this version is a bit smoother and wont have those notifications. If you flash it, it is recommended to wipe although i didn't and had not issues. If you want to stay on the one you are on now, you can uninstall airmail through TiBu and those notifications will stop.

Search tags for this page

download sourcerer full version

lib dex
mystash.apk full
rom 2.2full
sourcerer 2 for android
sourcery rom 2.2 download
sourcery v2.2