GB Roms Recap

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Just an update... after cruising between several GB Roms.. i will not use names to not be bashing of someone else's hard work..

I have concluded that Sourcery's 4 months old features are unmatched, Sourcery's stability is superior, Sourcery support is (was:heart:) priceless, Sourcery's peace of mind to use as the daily driver is dancedroid...

So to summerize this thread and to keep it light.. Sourcery has set the bar so high it still casts a shadow over active Roms... All of the hard working great developers who put their sweat and blood into GB have to rethink their efforts..

And if anyone here feels like me please put in the good word and maybe.. just maybe Eagle1967 and Gflam would rethink their legal seperation and try to reconcile and bring Sourcery back to life... because it will save a lot of us a lot of phone upgrade dollars that we will be happy to donate :)

Just my two cents..

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I agree 100%!! dancedroid

Sent down with a Bolt of lightening!!

PARick

Reaction score
Just an update... after cruising between several GB Roms.. i will not use names to not be bashing of someone else's hard work..

I have concluded that Sourcery's 4 months old features are unmatched, Sourcery's stability is superior, Sourcery support is (was:heart:) priceless, Sourcery's peace of mind to use as the daily driver is dancedroid...

So to summerize this thread and to keep it light.. Sourcery has set the bar so high it still casts a shadow over active Roms... All of the hard working great developers who put their sweat and blood into GB have to rethink their efforts..

And if anyone here feels like me please put in the good word and maybe.. just maybe Eagle1967 and Gflam would rethink their legal seperation and try to reconcile and bring Sourcery back to life... because it will save a lot of us a lot of phone upgrade dollars that we will be happy to donate :)

Just my two cents..

I agree wholeheartedly! I really think going to Gingerbread was a huge mistake for most developers. The market is open for someone who will keep developing the froyo ROMs. I went to anther ROM, simply because I want to use one that will continue to be tweaked, and improved. They just no longer exist. Sourcery (or Sorcery :)) was/is still the best. Eagle and Gflam provided unmatched service. I donated $25 to them, and would like to propose another $25 if they (or one) go back to Froyo and keep the magic coming. Now, how many of you all will match me?

PARick

Reaction score
....All of the hard working great developers who put their sweat and blood into GB have to rethink their efforts.. ..
....I really think going to Gingerbread was a huge mistake for most developers....

Lawlz, I find this hilarious. Why don't you PM a few & let them know about their mistakes?

I have, and posted this in their threads as well. For example, go to Project Elite, which I think is the best Gingerbread ROM out there, and see their poll. Last time I checked, over 1/2 of those who installed the Gingerbread ROM, went back to an earlier Froyo. I just don't think the D1 can handle Gingerbread. My opinion, and a buck-fifty, will get you a cup of coffee.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
....All of the hard working great developers who put their sweat and blood into GB have to rethink their efforts.. ..
....I really think going to Gingerbread was a huge mistake for most developers....

Lawlz, I find this hilarious. Why don't you PM a few & let them know about their mistakes?

I have, and posted this in their threads as well. For example, go to Project Elite, which I think is the best Gingerbread ROM out there, and see their poll. Last time I checked, over 1/2 of those who installed the Gingerbread ROM, went back to an earlier Froyo. I just don't think the D1 can handle Gingerbread. My opinion, and a buck-fifty, will get you a cup of coffee.

You mean assume 1/2 of those taking that pole went back to a 2.2. I can assume it's your opinion because you're saying it.

Dawg72

Reaction score
Sourcery is by far the best Rom I've tried. I won't change anytime soon. I just wish they could work out their issues and get it back together. Come on eagle and gflam.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

PARick

Reaction score

You mean assume 1/2 of those taking that pole went back to a 2.2. I can assume it's your opinion because you're saying it.

No actually, that one is a fact. They went back to 4.2 . Unless those taking the poll lied.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score

No actually, that one is a fact. They went back to 4.2 . Unless those taking the poll lied.

Facts do not require truth. For instance, how many tapatalkers didn't even realize it was a pole. Anyway,my point was the "dev mistake" comment is naive.

PARick

Reaction score

Facts do not require truth. For instance, how many tapatalkers didn't even realize it was a pole. Anyway,my point was the "dev mistake" comment is naive.

Ok, well don't really want to get in an arguement, because I actually don't understand your point. I clearly said that was my opinion. I can't account for those who didn't read the thread designating it as a poll. They voted, nonetheless. Anyway, if you like how Gingerbread is working on your phone, and you want them to continue to develop Gingerbread ROMs, that is up to you, and I'm glad it works for you. It has some great features. Alot of which render things such as texting and calling inconsistent for a good number of people. Heck, I even supported some of those developing GB. I just think everybody jumped on the GB bandwagon, not realizing that it just dosen't play real nice with the Droid 1, or at least my Droid 1. Any way, cheers.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I'm willing to match and raise your $25 PARick, but i can tell you first hand that for Eagle at least it was never about the money... but if that will give the push i'm in...

And i also agree with the GB being a mistake comment, there are great people out there developing GB for a device that was not built for it. It may have great features, themes and more but its like building a high rise with loose foundation, it will be shaky.. i'm know it works great for some people but not all.

And considering GB is supposedly more advanced, Sourcery has features that have been there since Christmas that just don't exist yet in most GB Roms. Don't get me wrong, i bow to those who develop and actually got it to work on the OG but for me, i'm actually using my phone for work and it just wont cut it.. plus after getting use to one click themes and kernels on Sourcery its hard find something comparable.

PARick

Reaction score
I'm willing to match and raise your $25 PARick, but i can tell you first hand that for Eagle at least it was never about the money... but if that will give the push i'm in...

And i also agree with the GB being a mistake comment, there are great people out there developing GB for a device that was not built for it. It may have great features, themes and more but its like building a high rise with loose foundation, it will be shaky.. i'm know it works great for some people but not all.

And considering GB is supposedly more advanced, Sourcery has features that have been there since Christmas that just don't exist yet in most GB Roms. Don't get me wrong, i bow to those who develop and actually got it to work on the OG but for me, i'm actually using my phone for work and it just wont cut it.. plus after getting use to one click themes and kernels on Sourcery its hard find something comparable.

Yeah, he still probably doesn't have his PayPal account set up :). Definately agree about the work part. GB and Touncdown do not get along well.

listenman20

Reaction score
i'm not gonna say that i've tried all of the GB ROMs, as a matter of fact i've only tried 2, but neither of those impressed me. i can't say that i ever missed a call on acct of GB ROM but it always worried me. that worry mixed with the fact that i could hardly multitask while on GB sent me back to a froyo ROM. i ran it for a while then realized that it had problems that sourcery didn't have so now i'm back on sourcery as well. personally i've become addicted to one theme so all of the themes isn't what brought me back. i don't OC my phone to the highest speed available. i've found i can do just about everything at 800 with little to no lag. so selection of kernels isn't what brought me back either. the real magic of sourcery for me is it's stability. i know there's several out there, like me, that fell in love with this ROM's features and would love to see it supported again.

adsfa34

Reaction score
... What if Sourcery was to try their hand at GB? They're obviously superior devs... I think it's possible that they could make some real "magic" happen!

it's difficult for me because i like *some* aspects of GB...but I LOVE the Sourcery tweaks and don't want to give them up...

honestly, if it weren't for that darn screen-off TV animation I'd be OK to stay on Froyo indefinitely... lol

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I don't really see any advantages in GB other then the built in SIP which is cool. What is the big deal, even the Thunderbult which is a new phone came out with Froyo.

Sourcery is the best creation out of Froyo. Me as well am comfortable with a 800 kernel and i rotate between two themes.. for those with the GB fever the GB theme gives the same visual experience so really there are not that many advantages in a GB Rom that i could find.. and i use Fring for my SIP calls to make up for that.