Installation of Sourcery 2.2

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Although Eagle1967 and Gflam are not working on this rom anymore (although still support it) it is still used by many users, and new users still try it out... i decided to take the liberty of posting instructions on how to flash it the right way.

Sourcery combines stability and features in the most user friendly way you can ask from a custom rom. Although unsupported its still advanced and fun. I have tried a dozen other roms out there but was never able to find anything that compares.

Every since the final upgrade to Sourcery 2.2, flashing it has to be done in a certain way. Download three files to your SD card:

The files here are still good and Sourcery can be flashed with these but follow the link in my signature for a one file install for this rom.

*****Updated Sourcery Version - Sourcery 2.2 Kang, please follow link to a one file install that includes the Rom and gapps in one file:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sourcery-rom/151835-sourcery-2-2-full-version.html

After download to SD, reboot into recovery, wipe data and cache (x 3 if coming from GB), Flash Version 2.0 first, Version 2.2 second and gapps last. No need to reboot between the files, Flash all three and then reboot.

One feature that is no longer used and sometimes can generate an error message is Sourcery update and push notifications. I uninstalled it using TB but just make sure not to turn it on in the first place.

Please go over all settings and learn, this Rom has a built in one click Theme changer (with 14 choices), Bootanimation changer with an option to remove bootanimation all together, and a one click Kernel changer with many options. Many more features to toy with.

If you download using this thread please leave your 10 characters to keep the thread up. If one of the mods stops by please make this thread a sticky!

Axium

Reaction score
I approve of this topic :) this scared me away the first time I tried to flash Sourcery.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
14 or so themes

i hear say there are 14 or so themes and they are all within the settings of the rom and can be swapped out with 1 press of a button. but the stock rom that is installed will be gone no way to get it back. Sourcery was made to be the sourcery blue theme. we made 2.0 more stock for those that liked that but there is no theme like that so to get it back youd have to reinstall. unfortunaltey some of the apps are now old but you can find equivalent themed apps to change out that are up to date. it is a sun stable rom. a lot in the settings so you jsut have to check it all out. we had fun making this rom and are pleased with the continued excitment of it. well from chizzle at least :) if you want a froyo rom this should keep you happy. i have continued to run it on my droid and have had not one problem with it. stability wise. hope you enjoy it. i think there are 2 other froyo roms out and they are still in development. not sure what they have to offer but their developers are great so im sure they are good also.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea great idea still haven't figured out the problem with the galaxy s theme though but i've been pretty damn busy lately it's finals week here aka my week of hell

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Know of any themes at all for this ROM though?

As Eagle said... over 14 themes with a one click flash option built in Sourcery Settings menu. The stock theme that you get after flashing the first time (which is a cool one) will be gone after you flash any of the other theme options. To get back to it you will need to reinstall the Rom.

MJ5150

Reaction score
After changing a couple icons here and there, I leave the stock theme alone. It still feels good to have sweet and stable ROM on my Droid. No more need to comb the dev threads for hours trying to find the "best" one out there for my Droid. No need to be flashing and reflashing to find something I like. I did that for months. I landed on Sourcery a few months ago, and haven't left.

On my Droid, it just works. Everything is snappy and fast. I don't get any crashes I did not cause. I don't remember the last time I had to reboot to clear out performance lags. Yeah, I get every Droid is different, but there is something to be said for this ROM.

-Mike

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
35 Downloads in 27 Hours just from my server... Sourcery has that many new users and its in the archive section... it think that says something..
Can someone make this thread a sticky?

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ha yea and sourceryrom.com still gets tons of visitors everyday pretty ridiculous how many people view that still :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

davethedroid

Reaction score
Installation question

When i install 2.0, should i install 2.2 right after without booting into the phone? Or should I install, boot into the phone, reboot into recovery and install 2.2.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
If you download using this thread please leave your 10 characters to keep the thread up. If one of the mods stops by please make this thread a sticky :)

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1