OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I installed it last week, after liquid gave me wifi problems. I just want a stable fast rom, but my battery only lasts about 1/2 a day while the same usage on other roms lasts at least 1 day, usually several. sorry I gotta go find something else

Try different kernel...

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

chewy74

Reaction score
my only gripe is the sorcery settings that automates flashing of themes and kernels require you to run clockwork recovery and wont run properly with any other recovery.

jrracinfan

Reaction score
my only gripe is the sorcery settings that automates flashing of themes and kernels require you to run clockwork recovery and wont run properly with any other recovery.

I don't quite understand this. If you know how to flash a different custom recovery one would assume you would also know the theme/kernel etc. that was downloaded would be named as update.zip on the root of the SD card. Just a few extra steps in the process. :)

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Sourcery automated theme/kernel installs works only on cwm and no other recovery because of those recoveries limitations at the time these scripts were built. btw the auto download of a theme/kernel doe's name the downloaded file as update.zip

SSHGuru - without wiping while installing Sourcery is the main reason for your issues and it will be very hard to troubleshoot without it.

chewy74

Reaction score
There's really nothing to understand...I flash between 2 ROM's per week and constantly switching up kernels, so I know my way around recovery’s and flashing zips. The point is having the feature available is great and convenient for flash-a-holics, but it sucks that its only limited to clockwork...especially when a lot of user are on RZR.

@chizzel, thanks for the response. I figured as much...great work bringing this back man.

I don't quite understand this. If you know how to flash a different custom recovery one would assume you would also know the theme/kernel etc. that was downloaded would be named as update.zip on the root of the SD card. Just a few extra steps in the process. :)

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The code is from rom manager basically cwm recovery checks for a file each time you go to it if that file is there it will parse it and then install what the file tells it to that is how rom manager after you download reboots to recovery and installs whatever rom you downloaded only cwm recovery works with rom manager rzr doesn't nor does sprecovery there is nothing we can do if those other recoveries were to add support for this then it would work fine but it's just like how rom manager only works with cwm we can't do anything about it cause we didn't write the recoveries

Jasko

Reaction score
Hey all. Did they ever fix the messed up Answer slider on receiving phone calls for the Galaxy S Theme?

martytoo

Reaction score
I apologize that I can't figure this out for myself.

How do you get rid of the black font color in the task bar? I can hardly read it. There are so many tweaks that I am very confused.

martytoo

Reaction score
Actually the one I was looking for was ...>Notification. Colors>Ticker Text

The other thing I missed was tapping on the center color after choosing it.

Thanks for your help.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I have to say, the previous 2.2 Rom (flashing 2.2 over 2.0) is a lot smoother for me. I get poor battery life with this full version. I just restored my previous sourcery and am loving it again.

And I got my star trek sounds back.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
That is interesting... good to know. I still have those files if anyone is interested just send me a PM. I am getting similar results with the full version though.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I've just been trucking on with the 2.2 I flashed when it was first put out.

though, with the Droid3 imminent, I'm curious about one thing. when I give my D1 to my girlfriend, do I have to return it to stock and root again? I'd naturally want to simply leave things as they are, as my sourcery 2.2 has been rock solid for me, and would like to keep it that way for my girlfriend, as it will be her first android device (well, except for my rooted nook color which she keeps taking from me when she goes home, lol)

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
If all you plan to do is literaly hand it to her there is nothing you need to do. Verizon can transfer the number to your new phone and attach her number to your d1 without you taking the phone in... so i would say your Sourcery is safe and Sound.