Sourcery 2.2 - Full Version

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Hey brother always nice to feel wanted. Unfortunately sometimes life gets in the way of living, so to speak. Never forget, pimpin ain't easy.
I saw the post about where the heck was I, it was Kung Pow Boom I think.
He was worried that I had received the boot but just been stuck in a human bootloop, switched kernels and running smooth. By running I mean sitting on the couch slothing, I am highly allergic to physical movement... even typing this is causing me to break out in hives.

Kung Pow, I feel like if my username didn't get rejected and I am helpful and don't name call or drop mad F bombs, I should be safe.
You will be able to find this post at the end of the year, in the latest annual edition of Famous Last Words: 2011!
Ah the glory that is hubris!
Pride comes before the fall...

Besides, wild horses couldn't drag me away from continuing my own interpretation of unsupported ROM. Which probably has the most support of all ROMs?
There it is the cat is totally out of the bag.
Honestly the only thing I can think of that has more support is Pamela Anderson's brassiere.
Now that's support, I think there are even steel struts incorporated.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Yeah it was me, I found him hanging around miui this morning

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Yeah but keep that on the down low.
I am trying to destroy the manufacturing sector in China so we can get some damn jobs back here.
MIUI has a secret portal to the Chinese stock exchange, of course I'm the only one who knows... Oops I guess I just made that no longer true, way to go me.

Oh someone is at the door... Hey I didn't order Chinese food... Well this may be my last post as I believe I hear a battering ram at my balsa wood door..
My only regret is I have but one life to give...
Someone please contact my mother and tell her I....
Good lord, what the hell is that?
Don't point that at

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Not only this is the most supported unsupported rom but recently it even seems more active.

If I ever come back and get sick of cm7, you know what's going back on my d1 as my fav froyo ......

I would miss the magic too much.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I was never able to get a any GB rom to work properly on my OG.. Usually fun to play with but for a combination of stability and features Sourcery is unmatched.

kamisan

Reaction score
I really tried to get miui to work even somewhat like froyo did. Wasnt happening. Camera fc and hard to answer calls. Apps taking forever to open. I love the look, concept and the features. If I get a thunderbolt or similar phone then back to miui. For me sourcery is the gal who was not the supermodel but more the girl next door. Less work. Plays well. And when you need it works.

My camera works. Voice is snappy. Autocorrect still messes more than it works. I've only had to reboot twice. Miui would have been two reboots every half day. I'm sure a lot of people have great experiences with miui. For me sourcery is working great

Last edited:

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not only this is the most supported unsupported rom but recently it even seems more active.

Yea ridiculous how many new post there are now i go away for like 8 hours and there are 30 some new posts every time :)

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
New app by the way is getting close to being finished probably not the best place but i know a few of you have other devices if you have anything else that's not a d1 and would like to beta test the app send me a pm.

martytoo

Reaction score
so there is nothing i can do to override that

One back door way to move some (but not all) programs that won't move in Sourcery is the following. Do a Nandroid backup of Sourcery Install another ROM that will allow moving any program to the SD card. ( I used Liquid GB.) This will still not allow me to move a few large programs but many more can be moved.

Use the paid version of Titanium Backup to backup the programs after the move to SD. Do a nandroid restore to Soucery and then check in Titanium Backup preferences that you want the programs to restore to the same spot that they were backed up from. Delete the app in Sourcery and restore the backup that you made when in the other ROM - which was made when the program in question was on the SD card (choose the backup by date made).

(I guess if Titanium Backup will just move the program to SD on its own, as another poster has said, then that is easier than this work around.)

martytoo

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with automatic (that is scheduled) cache cleaners? I finally had a freeze and lock up of Sourcery today. I was browsing Sportstap and it froze when checking a baseball stats list. Then the phone rebooted.

Later on it seemed to be sluggish in Sportstap and I cleared cache with Cache Mate - free version without scheduler. This seemed to help. Is there a way to monitor how "full" the cache is?

So a cache clean every 3-6 hours might help. Any similar experiences out there?

Last edited:

buellboy9

Reaction score
Just a warning with Link2SD on Sourcery... every single time I used it, I ended up in a boot loop. Never a problem with any other ROM I've tried. I've pretty much decided that it is a nice, but essentially useless app, and removed it from my phone altogether. I can free up enough space for all of my apps just by using the built-in "Move to SD" function of FroYo.

buellboy9

Reaction score
(I guess if Titanium Backup will just move the program to SD on its own, as another poster has said, then that is easier than this work around.)

Yup. Just "Long Press" on the app name in TiBu, and you'll get a pop-up menu of options. Select "Move to SD Card" and Bob's your uncle. dancedroid