Sourcery 2.2 - Full Version

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Thanks for the knowledge Eagle!

Now did you really have to go and ruin a nice discussion by dropping that four letter word, yep, that's right, I am referring to you dropping the W bomb at the end of your post.
Seriously even when at it, the word still makes me cringe.
I'm talking about "work", people!
I look at this as one of the last refuges one can escape that word and its awful implications. And you go and do this to me. Great, I already feel the first symptoms of hysterical blindness.
Thanks, I was supposed to judge the Miss Hawaiian Tropic pageant tonight! Wait... Perhaps I tell them I am only able to judge based on feel..
Nice Eagle, you da man. Freakin love this guy. I am forever indebted.
Guys I will be sure to take pictures.
You can all expect an 8 x 10 glossy.....of my hand.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

Claps1775

Reaction score
I am not a fan of 2.2.2 roms. Well, stock left a sour taste in my mouth. Was laggy some. I been running roms with 2.3.3, 2.3.4, 2.3.5. They work smoother for Droid1. I just flashed Sourcery and I cann tell it is not my flavor. Seems smooth. I will give it a shot for the day. I really want to have a lot of custom roms downloaded and saved on computer with backups from when I had them installed. If you have other roms, please hit me up, also on using them too. That could be my problem. I am not fully using them, not do I know or have found a thread yet on it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Just like with any Rom, i highly doubt if anyone actually wrote a features guide, with Sourcery i would recommend to experiment, that is really the only way to learn. Sourcery is feature packed and extremely stable.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
^This is why I try not to be the initial answer. Chizz knows how to play it cool, close to the vest.

I think I am beginning to see the rationale for one of the many nicknames I had in college, Animal, of Muppets fame and 2nd only to Jon Bonham on the drums.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

Claps1775

Reaction score
Well, the vs I am running is 2.0 and will not update to 2.1. I installed Titanium Backup pro and it had root. Now I go back in TB and no root now. There is a update for bin in SU but I cannot get it to flash with Rom Manager Prem. Not sure what I did or did not. I have heard people loosing root with custom roms. I am still one to likes to rom and find a good one. Liquid roms and UD roms are two I love. UD more. Going to look into PAs thread that talks about develeper.android with making roms. O yes. I do thank all who made the roms.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Not Sure why you are on 2.0 but most of the features would not work on it, try version 2.2 Kang in the OP of this thread to really experience Sourcery.

Claps1775

Reaction score
I cannot install my back up now from Rom Manager. The Sourcery file says 2.2. Man, good thing I learned how to factory flash my phone and have files on computer. That is what I might have to do. Isn't learning fun?

Claps1775

Reaction score
I got that one as you said but. I am not able to install it. Not even in recovery. Hmmmmm would re rooting it fix it?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Chizzle I'm at work. Could you link him to latest version. Also instruction wipe etc. Also since he was installing an old version of rom only recovery that ever had problems was raiszero is he using an old recovery of that. And sourcery was made to be unique in its is 1 large rommanager built into the rom . Everything you needed was easily available in the rom. It was made to be easily custmizable while maintaing stability and speed it was from source not someone else's source so everything was added and tested. 2.2.2 is slower in benchmarks than froyo 2.2.1 was but people wanted it and it was the first custom 2.2.2 rom out. And development ceased shortly afterward so some tweaking probably could of been done but wasn't. At the pace we were on if it was still in development it would be a beast but just ran out of gas. But it still runs well and I watch Netflix on it all the time.
Might make a comeback with the prime.

Claps1775

Reaction score
Well, I do thank you for taking time to respond while you arfe at work. The mirror link is the one I downloaded and flashed. So that link should be taken out or fixed. I am going to learn how to make or custimize roms from Peter A thread about his rom released today. His thread has a link to developer.android. Nothing is ever out of its prime. You can always get reprimed. Lol.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Im Moving furniture in my condo now as they are installing wood floors tomorrow so my wireless is off and my laptop is buried somewhere. I will check the link in op as it may have expired. Let us know how the recent Sourcery version is working for you.

Sent from my Sourcerized D1

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Link in the OP works fine for me, its on a very fast server and can handle parallel downloads easily so i'm not sure if and what was the issue about but it should work.

Last edited:

Claps1775

Reaction score
I am in RSD lite as we speak factory re flashing it. So, starting all over. I really do not know what happen. Just, I was scared some and I am so glad TB messed up for phone earlyer in the month to dl the right factory rom. Back to stock...for now muhahahahaahha. O, only thing I use TB for now is to only Freeze apps. I will look at a diffrent way now if I Sourcery 2.2 again.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Sourcery and TB never got along to well so it might be related... after you get your root back up and have patience to mess with your phone again give Sourcery a run.

Claps1775

Reaction score
I will give it a try as I may never know. Do you know how to do a back up with out being rooted? I want to do a back up of 2.2, 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 stick unrooted roms. Be easyer to restore then reflash. But question is burning in my head. Is flashing over and over bad for the phone? I been looking at buying another Droid 1 just in case something happens.