Sourcery 2.2 - Full Version

darkmatter

Reaction score
Not sure if its a motorola thing, but the D3 you can connect bluetooth mouse and keyboard. You get a cursor with the mouse connected. That with hdmi out, it can be a desktop replacement, lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Not sure if its a motorola thing, but the D3 you can connect bluetooth mouse and keyboard. You get a cursor with the mouse connected. That with hdmi out, it can be a desktop replacement, lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Now that is really cool

Sent from my Sourcerized D1

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Eagle
You mentioned that samsung lte phone for Verizon, is that the phone that has been released everywhere but here?

I am so with you on the tablet craze. It's the definition of conspicuous consumption with a touch of keeping up with the Joneses. I think if the IPad was never released, few of the current tablets would even exist.
Almost as if the fact that now everyone has a smartphone, made some say well I need something better, newer and less necessary to set me apart from the pack so people can dig just how awesome I really am. But in the conscious mind the consumer it's like, "How come I don't already have this? I have led a hollow existence and this is what's been missing all along.
It also means that a good chunk of the country hasn't felt much of the effects of this economic downturn, or, and there's a good case for this, tons of people are overextending themselves and throwing it on the plastic.
Eagle did you get any rebate when you bought your phone, like Verizon has pretty much always done? Or had they already stopped doing that?
I am asking because some guy at Verizon had mentioned doing away with the rebates or it's a decision by the manufacturers.
This is completely shocking as rebates are one of the more brilliant marketing techniques.
Usually only something like 10% of the rebates get claimed, because we are Americans and our brains, all humans', are very illogical when it comes to pretty much most money matters.
They say the reason, other than just plain irresponsible laziness, that so few rebates are actually completed is even though the consumer haven't even sent in the rebate, most purchasers either un or sub consciously feel like they already did get the savings benefits? All based on the price after rebate is written in bold and the pre rebate is in normal font.

Doing away with the rebate is like slaughtering your Cash Cow!

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Eagle
You mentioned that samsung lte phone for Verizon, is that the phone that has been released everywhere but here?

I am so with you on the tablet craze. It's the definition of conspicuous consumption with a touch of keeping up with the Joneses. I think if the IPad was never released, few of the current tablets would even exist.
Almost as if the fact that now everyone has a smartphone, made some say well I need something better, newer and less necessary to set me apart from the pack so people can dig just how awesome I really am. But in the conscious mind the consumer it's like, "How come I don't already have this? I have led a hollow existence and this is what's been missing all along.
It also means that a good chunk of the country hasn't felt much of the effects of this economic downturn, or, and there's a good case for this, tons of people are overextending themselves and throwing it on the plastic.
Eagle did you get any rebate when you bought your phone, like Verizon has pretty much always done? Or had they already stopped doing that?
I am asking because some guy at Verizon had mentioned doing away with the rebates or it's a decision by the manufacturers.
This is completely shocking as rebates are one of the more brilliant marketing techniques.
Usually only something like 10% of the rebates get claimed, because we are Americans and our brains, all humans', are very illogical when it comes to pretty much most money matters.
They say the reason, other than just plain irresponsible laziness, that so few rebates are actually completed is even though the consumer haven't even sent in the rebate, most purchasers either un or sub consciously feel like they already did get the savings benefits? All based on the price after rebate is written in bold and the pre rebate is in normal font.

Doing away with the rebate is like slaughtering your Cash Cow!

danceswithbongs

NO the lte one is just announced actully made the news section here shortley after i had posted that.(not trying to take credit they just red the same other sites as me :))
i didnt get a rebate with the droid i bought it at best buy so i didnt have to.
with the g2x they had a 50 dollar rebate but at the time they were screwing it up so i got it credited didnt have to send one in.

rebates are a pain and the biggest problem is if you have to send in for a rebate. than you are actually paying taxes on that rebate which you dont get back.
rebates are a marketing ploy knowing a large number of people never send them in. but as you said they feel the price was lower. question is when they say they are getting rid of the rebates does that mean they are gonna lower the out of store cost or just keep the price higher :)
Tmobile is actaully offerieng lower monthly rates if you buy a phone outright. and you pay more if you get a subsidy.

my verizon 20 months was yesterday and i have a 30 dollar savings if i look at the phones i thought it was 50. but maybe thats only if you go the entire 2 years , which might happpen since they dont have any phones i want yet.

and the ipad wasnt some great new innovation. its just a large screen iphone, or whatever. all in 1 device. they have had computer all in 1 monitor devices for years with touch screens. so they jsut went in between those 2 and i doubt they were the only ones with the idea they just got it out first. but if you look at how much more most other tabs do i am betting they were in the works already.
apple is well knopwn for taking others ideas and getting them out in the masses and taking all similair ideas as copies of theirs when that wasnt the fact.
reminds me of someone that would get stuff off a github and release it before the githubs rom and than say they copied him.
From the rumors i hear the ios5 is gonna remind people of android with the stuff they have used simialir and when you show your android to an iphone 5 user they are gonna tell you look they stole iphones pull down , widgets etc. when its actually the other way around.
apple relies on people using their products and not knowing other products have had all of their "innovation" years before.

I actaully believe all these apple lawsuits are only in place to settle when tehy come out with ios5 using others patents. theirs are frivoulous but when they say oh hey well just drop all this makes it sound easy.

Heiko

Reaction score
Hi there, I am running Sourcery 2.2. At least that is what it says in settings/about phone.When i reboot my phone it would give me a notification about a available update. In the sourcery updater it shows that I am running Sourcery 2.0.0 and it wants to update to 2.1. I start the download but it always fails by giving me a notification saying that there was a problem during the download even though the progress indicator shows that the download was actually completed. What do I need to do to make it work?
Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Heiko

Reaction score
Hi Chizzele,
Can you help me with my update problem?
Thanks

Heiko

Reaction score
Yes, please go to Settings > About Phone > Build Number and tell me what it says.

Btw I noticed that you guys posted some market update zips. I am on market version 1.8.2. I guess that is the one which came with the rom. Which update would be right for me?

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Eagle
I answered within your posts body.

NO the lte one is just announced actully made the news section here shortley after i had posted that.(not trying to take credit they just red the same other sites as me :))
BS WE ALL KNOW CNET HAS YOUR LINES AND GFLAM'S TAPPED, DO YOU KNOW HOW BIG A SCORE IT WILL BE FOR WHOEVER BREAKS THE STORY "SOURCERY 3.14 THE SOURCERINGERER : DROPPING ON MICHELLE BACHMAN'S INAUGURATION DAY"
i didnt get a rebate with the droid i bought it at best buy so i didnt have to.
with the g2x they had a 50 dollar rebate but at the time they were screwing it up so i got it credited didnt have to send one in.

rebates are a pain and the biggest problem is if you have to send in for a rebate. than you are actually paying taxes on that rebate which you dont get back.
rebates are a marketing ploy knowing a large number of people never send them in. but as you said they feel the price was lower.
YEAH THIS WOMAN WROTE AN AMAZING BOOK ON HOW CORPORATIONS EMPLOY A STAFF OF PSYCHOLOGISTS TO GAME PLAN WHAT WILL MAKE CONSUMERS DO WHAT WE WANT WHILE IMPROVING THEIR BOTTOM LINE. THEY COVERED HER SPEAKING TO AN AUDIENCE ABOUT IT ON BOOK TV(CSPAN2 DURING THE WEEKENDS). THE REBATE IS STILL THE NUMBER ONE MOST SUCCESSFUL PLOY. THEY EVEN FIGURED THE PRECISE AMOUNT OF WAIT TIME FOR REBATE PROCESSING THAT WOULD DISSUADE THE LARGEST AMOUNT OF PURCHASERS. IT'S FUNNY THAT I NEVER MET SOMEONE PURSUING A MASTERS IN PSYCHOLOGY, WHO SAID THEY GOT INTO THE FIELD TO HELP CORPORATIONS RAPE THE CONSUMER BASE!
question is when they say they are getting rid of the rebates does that mean they are gonna lower the out of store cost or just keep the price higher :)
JUST LIKE YOU MENTIONED BELOW, NO MORE REBATES AT ALL. UPGRADE DISCOUNT AFTER FULL 2 YEAR COMPLETION 30 BUCKS OFF.
GOT MY LETTER FEW MONTHS BACK AND REMEMBER LOOKING DOWN AND SEEING ONLY 30. I WAS A LITTLE SURPRISED TO THEN HEAR NO REBATES. SINCE LAST GO IT WAS 50 OFF AND REBATE; THESE LATEST MODELS ARE NONE TO CHEAP. I GUESS THEY WEREN'T SATISFIED WITH THE 90PLUS PERCENT NOT SENDING IN REBATE AND WANTED TO GET IT AND GET IT ALL. I DO THINK THE NON SMARTPHONES ARE HANDLED IN A DIFFERENT MANNER. CLEARLY NOT IMPACTING PEOPLE ON THIS SITE.
Tmobile is actaully offerieng lower monthly rates if you buy a phone outright. and you pay more if you get a subsidy.

my verizon 20 months was yesterday and i have a 30 dollar savings if i look at the phones i thought it was 50. but maybe thats only if you go the entire 2 years , which might happpen since they dont have any phones i want yet. YEP STILL HANGING WITH MY OG UNTIL I FIND THE BEST AS LONG AS I AM LUCKY WITH THE HEALTH OF MY OG.

and the ipad wasnt some great new innovation. its just a large screen iphone, or whatever. all in 1 device. they have had computer all in 1 monitor devices for years with touch screens. so they jsut went in between those 2 and i doubt they were the only ones with the idea they just got it out first. but if you look at how much more most other tabs do i am betting they were in the works already.
OH I REFERRED TO THE IPAD NOT BECAUSE OF IT'S QUALITY BUT BECAUSE OF ITS BUILT IN BASE OF CONSUMERS WHO ONLY PAY ALLEGIANCE TO THE RED FRUIT. I MEAN REALLY, SITTING OUTSIDE IN THE FREEZING COLD TO BE FIRST IN LINE FOR A PHONE THAT COULDN'T MAKE CALLS, AND THEN SAYING ANYTHING TO SUPPORT THE DECISION, AS ONE'S COGNITIVE DISSONANCE TAKES OVER TO PROTECT FROM THE REALIZATION THAT THE WORD "PHONE" WAS A MAJOR OVERSTATEMENT AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED THE i4!
apple is well knopwn for taking others ideas and getting them out in the masses and taking all similair ideas as copies of theirs when that wasnt the fact.
reminds me of someone that would get stuff off a github and release it before the githubs rom and than say they copied him.
From the rumors i hear the ios5 is gonna remind people of android with the stuff they have used simialir and when you show your android to an iphone 5 user they are gonna tell you look they stole iphones pull down , widgets etc. when its actually the other way around.
apple relies on people using their products and not knowing other products have had all of their "innovation" years before.

I actaully believe all these apple lawsuits are only in place to settle when tehy come out with ios5 using others patents. theirs are frivoulous but when they say oh hey well just drop all this makes it sound easy.
IT REMINDS ME OF AT&T TRYING TO SUE VERIZON FOR SHOWING THE MAP OF AT&Ts ACTUAL DATA COVERAGE AREA INSTEAD OF THE ONE AT&T USED IN COMMERCIALS WHICH WAS TRYING TO IMPLY THAT THE DATA MAP WAS IDENTICAL TO THE CELL MAP, WHICH WAS THE MAP SHOWN. AND THE COURTS THREW THAT PUPPY TO THE CURB.

danceswithbongs

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Sourcery 2.2 Kang doe's not have the update feature anymore, it has it in the menu option but no update application. Were you on Sourcery 2.2 before, if yes did you wipe and clear cache before installing Kang? I might suggest another clean install of 2.2 Kang to get rid of that update notice.

Get the Market update Here

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Sourcery 2.2 Kang doe's not have the update feature anymore, it has it in the menu option but no update application. Were you on Sourcery 2.2 before, if yes did you wipe and clear cache before installing Kang? I might suggest another clean install of 2.2 Kang to get rid of that update notice.

Get the Market update Here

was gonna say that the 2.2 doesnt have the updater in it so he must of installed over top. just go with root explorer or whatever and remove sourcery updater.apk. but most likely have a better run installing the 2.2 kang clean.

Chizzle. yeah the prime is probably gonna be it. but i dont know about these claims. not hard to take something that is rumored all over the place and claim you have inside info the rumors are true to be the first with confirmation. than espesially since its 2 months off to jsut let it go by the waste side if it turns out the rumors were false. i think this is a good probablity with refusal of the galaxy s-2 and no announcement from samsung with as to why 1 carrier refused to carry it. the prime sounds good though. But theres much unknown yet. the last nexus device had no sdcard. that would kill it for me.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Eagle can you give more details on what you just mentioned about sgs2 being passed on by a carrier? And do you guys know who will be offering the prime as well as the latest link with specs that are probably only spec? Thanks. Whoops sorry second spec meant speculation.

Oh Eagle have you by any chance seen the documentary on Pat Tillman? A must see for all, but I know you personally had served, though not which branch.
Is there a Magic makers branch, well maybe not a branch, probably DARPA is where one may see "magic happening"

Thanks E & C, if you guys could drop some knowledge on me it would be much obliged.

DancingMachine

danceswithbongs

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Eagle can you give more details on what you just mentioned about sgs2 being passed on by a carrier? And do you guys know who will be offering the prime as well as the latest link with specs that are probably only spec? Thanks. Whoops sorry second spec meant speculation.

Oh Eagle have you by any chance seen the documentary on Pat Tillman? A must see for all, but I know you personally had served, though not which branch.
Is there a Magic makers branch, well maybe not a branch, probably DARPA is where one may see "magic happening"

Thanks E & C, if you guys could drop some knowledge on me it would be much obliged.

DancingMachine

danceswithbongs

as per carrier verizon is only major carrier to not carry the gs2. others will be announced officially tommorow(was suppose to be today but delayed due to hurricane on east coast)
the rumors are the prime will come to verizon. samsung is also making a lte galaxy s2 equivelent phone no telling if verizon is gonna carry that or not.
just go to droidlife prime info is there and also in news section on here.

ok off to work yuck.