Sourcery 2.2 - Full Version

MJ5150

Reaction score
I'm still using Sourcery on my D1. No errors or FC's related to the ROM still. Not as fast as it was, but that may be because I get the "low disk space" message almost daily now.

-Mike

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Every Rom including stock gets the legginess over time, i reboot once a week and it keeps it snappy. i think clearing cache every now and then helps as well. I have been on Sourcery since Christmas with quick visits to other roms only to get disappointed and come right back.

MJ5150

Reaction score
Yeah, I can agree with that. I didn't think to clear cache. Usually I blow away my 9,999,999 text messages and the Droid is happy again. I've had Sourcery so long now, I don't remember any other ROMs being on it, and I was a devout MUIU fan for a long time.

-Mike

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Auto suggestion is not working properly. I tried copying a working latinimegoogle.apk into /system/app and setting the permissions and rebooting but it still won't work. I noticed there is also a latinime.apk does this need to be replaced as well? I'm using boot manager and installed it to slot 1. I'm not sure if thst matters. Any suggestions?

Edit...nevermind, I pulled the latinime.apk from the DC 12 rom and copied it to /system/app, set permissions, and rebooted. It's working now:)
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

kamisan

Reaction score
Every Rom including stock gets the legginess over time, i reboot once a week and it keeps it snappy. i think clearing cache every now and then helps as well. I have been on Sourcery since Christmas with quick visits to other roms only to get disappointed and come right back.

I'm with u on this. I really like miui but I can't take the bugs. Staying w sourcery till I replace my d1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
i was actually impressed with miui as well.. i had it on for 4 hours but within those 4 hours my phone didnt ring even once and i got 4 voicemails.. so.. right back to Sourcery.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
That's too bad because I have really been lucky with how MIUI runs on my OG. And like Sourcery it's very unique, especially with the whole theme system they devised.
It's similar to the creation Sourcery first brought us of the fully contained automated themes that dl and install upon choosing the theme.
Only thing is MIUI has themers from across the globe. Plus I love Asian art, and they have a lot of themes based on that style of art.
Often I will run a full fledged Chinese one, after testing lead content first; I ain't no dummy!
Of course in these cases usually everything is written in Chinese, big deal! After 5pm every language looks like Chinese to me!

Chiz, I too find that the phone just won't ring for like 4 hours. But the underlying cause has been traced back to my being a social pariah!

Regardless I will cryogenically freeze my OG after flashing Sourcery before the phone gives out.
Then I will reanimate it to show my children's children that I was cool enough to be there at the start of Sourcery. By then, the biopic of Eagle and GFlam should be a cult classic and I will finally gain the respect of my fellow man.
Then I will most likely drop dead, as there were no more worlds to conquer!
walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

gregk2001

Reaction score
I installed Sourcery v2.2 a couple of months ago and for the most part it has been great, with much better performance.

The only aspect I have not been able to get to work is installing additional Sourcery apps and installing a different keyboard. I get the "Magic Happening!" dialog but it never completes - there's some data transfer in the first minute or so and then nothing - I've left it for over 10 minutes. I can't back out of this once it is started - have to hit the home button.

Also, I'm no longer able to open documents using QuickOffice - it starts up and then just goes back to the previous screen without any message. This is for M$ Word docs and .pdf files.

Cheers, Greg.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
I installed Sourcery v2.2 a couple of months ago and for the most part it has been great, with much better performance.

The only aspect I have not been able to get to work is installing additional Sourcery apps and installing a different keyboard. I get the "Magic Happening!" dialog but it never completes - there's some data transfer in the first minute or so and then nothing - I've left it for over 10 minutes. I can't back out of this once it is started - have to hit the home button.

Also, I'm no longer able to open documents using QuickOffice - it starts up and then just goes back to the previous screen without any message. This is for M$ Word docs and .pdf files.

Cheers, Greg.

is usb debugging turned on. this must be on... i just tried keyboards contacts and an app and all installed fine.
as per the quick office no idea id try uninstalling and reinstalling.
I checked it out since i wasnt sure they were working but they still are. remember some things are big and take a while. on 3g also the drop box isnt fast not upgraded anymore since we arent doing this rom anymore , but i find everything is still working. so make sure usb debugging is on.
let me know so i can blame chizzle if somethings wrong.

gregk2001

Reaction score
is usb debugging turned on. this must be on... i just tried keyboards contacts and an app and all installed fine.
as per the quick office no idea id try uninstalling and reinstalling.
I checked it out since i wasnt sure they were working but they still are. remember some things are big and take a while. on 3g also the drop box isnt fast not upgraded anymore since we arent doing this rom anymore , but i find everything is still working. so make sure usb debugging is on.
let me know so i can blame chizzle if somethings wrong.

Thanks for the speedy response. USB debugging was it. Was able to install extra apps and keyboards. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling QuickOffice but no success.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Eagle
Never let facts keep you from blaming something on Chiz Markee. I haven't, I pinned Standard and Poor's downgrading our bond rating on Chiz.
And in 11th grade, I told my mom the full baggie she found in my jeans pocket while doing laundry was Chiz's.
I informed her that I was unfamiliar with the foreign substances found within, but my friend Chizzelle had asked me to hold onto it for him.
Case closed as our family crest's motto is "Help a Brother Out".

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Documents to go works fine for me. Opens all kinds of files, it might be the app your using or maybe the file your trying to open. Couldn't replicate your issue.

Sent from my Sourcerized D1

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Documents to go works fine for me. Opens all kinds of files, it might be the app your using or maybe the file your trying to open. Couldn't replicate your issue.

hey chizzle if gonna stay on verizon take the gs2 off the list.
but i read that they are actually making a special version lte samsung phone that is slightly better than the gs2.(not the prime)
as well as a gs2 tablet??? dont get this tablet craze.
it appears the vigor may have a cortex a8 processor which throws that out also.
bionic locked bootloader. :(
ok next line up please :)
luckily i have the gx2 so i can hold out longer, my upgrade for verizon is actually in 3 hours :)
but nothing they have announced or rumored interests me at this time.
some things about the prime turn me off on that also but nothing official about it really yet.
verizon just continues to disapoint.
the bionic is the best announced at this point depending on the screen i read all these horror stories about the pentile screens i dont know if thats really a big deal or not. and than well see about the bootloader.
well have to see what the reviews of actual buyers say. i am under the presumption at this point that all review sites are bias to give good reviews on anything.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I hear you.. gs2 is basically off the list, just need to change the signature. I love the OG but it's driving me crazy already. I think I'll wait until sep 15th to read reviews but I'll probably go with the bionic.
Can't wait until the vigor anyway, there is not even a launch date.

Will see if anything else gonna surface in the meantime. I'm to crazy about samsung phones anyway, don't really like the plastic feeling so no big deal about the gs2...