Sourcery 2.2 - Full Version

xaelith

Reaction score
Mwah-hahahahaha, It's alive!!!

So apparently my D1's mobile network hardware is receiving a signal again, though because I've already (apparently needlessly) spent the money on my D3, i'm unsure whether it's a 1x or 3g.

Hail Sourcery! 'Tis truly magick!

kamisan

Reaction score
Og wifi works just fine after you replace it dwb. P.s. auto spell changes your name to deb..... hmmm....
My wife went to TB and mostly loves it. No custom rom just stock.. and boring. I'm clinging to my og and her old og. Miui on her retired og and sourcery on mine. (Need it to answer calls and use camera 360 which seems to be challenge miui when you customize it too much )

Wish some froyo miui work was being done for old tired og's
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
If there is a way to upgrade the Ram on the OG i could of used it for another year... that would of been some true magic.

xaelith

Reaction score
If there is a way to upgrade the Ram on the OG i could of used it for another year... that would of been some true magic.

Assuming the CPU will work with the chip upgrade, there is, if you're willing to crack open your D1 and do some soldering, or know and trust someone who does to do it for you. After upgrading to my D3, I took advantage of the fact that I work for an electronics board manufacturing company, and x-rayed my OG to see what it looked like inside. If I was looking in the right spot, I would guess that the ram chips are BGA chips (very difficult to work with).

On the other hand, if you meant you wished the ram were interchangeable like on a pc, then +1 to that, and please disregard the above paragraph :)

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Well.. i appreciate the info but it was in fact just a wish... I have an upgrade available and another loyalty discount 2 months away, i am debating between the GS2 or the Bionic. If only one of them gets the 4g that is one i'll get. I don't really like the feel of Samsung phones but it is not a deal breaker.

How are you liking the D3?

xaelith

Reaction score
I really like it...a worthy successor to the D1. It took a little getting used to because the keyboard layout and home row button layout is a little different but I like that the keyboard is bigger and has a dedicated numbers row and I've (mostly) adapted to the home/menu/back buttons being all scrambled up.

Some have complained about bad battery life, but unless I run something that's cpu- or bandwidth-intensive, I get at least 16hrs out of it.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Any lag or issues with it having only 512 ram?

I'm asking because i am heavily considering the Bionic but i'm not sure i want such a big screen.

xaelith

Reaction score
No lag that I've noticed that can be blamed on the phone itself. As much as I would've liked to wait it out with my Sourcerized D1 for another 3-6 months, I'm very happy with my upgrade.

darkmatter

Reaction score
Loving my d3. I couldn't ask for anything more. (Well, maybe a less fubarred camera, not sure wtf moto was doing with this things camera.)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Well.. i appreciate the info but it was in fact just a wish... I have an upgrade available and another loyalty discount 2 months away, i am debating between the GS2 or the Bionic. If only one of them gets the 4g that is one i'll get. I don't really like the feel of Samsung phones but it is not a deal breaker.

How are you liking the D3?

hey man im really checking out the vigor.
and thats htc so bootloader can be unlocked.
the specs look awesome.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Not sure i can wait that long though... the eta for it is like mid October..

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
yeah

Not sure i can wait that long though... the eta for it is like mid October..

yeah i have the g2x to tide me over at least. Unless the bionic comes with some surprise we dont know about and with its locked bootloader im just not excited about the bionic anymore. september isnt summer where i live. i will most likely wait for november line of phones before i upgrade on verizon since i have the g2x and it is running ok mainly just the gps that sucks now.
I finally put on recovery and rom. tommorow i may go ahead and hop over to ubuntu and play around.
I wish i didnt have such bandwidth limit problems it makes it hard to download source code.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Yea.. i need a new device already.. September is really my limit... i might get the bionic first, got 14 days so if i wont like it ill try the GS2, if that won't work either it should put me right around the vigor launch..

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums

Last edited:

saturnalius

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the new market apk working? I changed vending.apk to vending1.apk and then tried to install the new market .apk but everytime it runs it just says app not installed and kicks out. Any ideas?