Sourcery 2.2 - Full Version

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
I will give it a try as I may never know. Do you know how to do a back up with out being rooted? I want to do a back up of 2.2, 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 stick unrooted roms. Be easyer to restore then reflash. But question is burning in my head. Is flashing over and over bad for the phone? I been looking at buying another Droid 1 just in case something happens.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

not sure how you'd backup without root and clockworkmod on.

as per flashing i probably flashed my droid 1000's of times doing the rom and it is still running just fine.

Claps1775

Reaction score
I have My Backup pro. Does that application do a full back up like Rom Manager does? Well, my wife looks at me and shakes her head saying, why am I always reflashing my phone when it took me lover 6 hours to fix my phone the last time. Lol. I learned the hard way not to use TB to unistall bloatware and do backups and restore. Does nothing but head akes. I only freeze now as I do not know how to use Terminal Elimulator yet.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I believe that app only backs up Apps and app data. ROM manager and RZR (raidzero recovery) back up entire ROMs.
As far as removing bloat or unwanted Apps, have you tried the settings within Sourcery? I know there are several Apps you can remove that way. Another option is Root Explorer from the market. You can use it to delete system Apps (or rename them if you're unsure about completely removing them).

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Over a month, my phones been in China getting weekly updates. Now she is back home with the magic and it feels good.

Note: I use tibu with every rom and haven't had any problems. Every phone has its own personality I suppose.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Yank is completely correct and a blast from the past, for me at least. I feel like I am sitting next to Doc Brown in the DeLorean!
I hope all the yanking is still going well!

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

Claps1775

Reaction score
I believe that app only backs up Apps and app data. ROM manager and RZR (raidzero recovery) back up entire ROMs.
As far as removing bloat or unwanted Apps, have you tried the settings within Sourcery? I know there are several Apps you can remove that way. Another option is Root Explorer from the market. You can use it to delete system Apps (or rename them if you're unsure about completely removing them).

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I am trying to build my rom folder up of roms. I can always flash back to 2.2. I have never used root explore or tried renaming them. I will have to look into that. Droidforums app is so great to have. Always a thanks for everyone's help.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Feels good to be back...............one thing that was bugging me with sourcery was the gemini calender. When i create events, i dont see an option to invite guests. Is there a way to install the original android calender? I dont really like the gemini, only the widgets.

Claps1775

Reaction score
When I had Sourcery, there were options within the Magic for that calander. You should be able to download it off the Market. If not, try www.apktop.com that sight has tons of free working apps.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
In sourcery settings there is an option to install the stock calendar and remove jemini. Never really liked it either.

Claps1775

Reaction score
Sourcery 2.2 did not work on my phone. I downloaded from the link. I see it is in Tom Manager too. I am back to UD 3.3.1 rom right now. Will have to look into it more when I have time.

xcrider

Reaction score
Well sourcery worked fine on my buddies phone but does not work on my phone. :(

sent from the future

Claps1775

Reaction score
Sourcery is a good rom from what I read. But I think that you and I can have to same droid but diffrent roms could work better for mine than yours and other way around. I am going to roll it UD 3.3.1 for now. Not a fan of 2.2.1 or 2.2.2. To each is there own.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Sourcery is a good rom from what I read. But I think that you and I can have to same droid but diffrent roms could work better for mine than yours and other way around. I am going to roll it UD 3.3.1 for now. Not a fan of 2.2.1 or 2.2.2. To each is there own.

what recovery are you guys using.

Claps1775

Reaction score
Clockworkmod from Rom Manager. If you use it, you might have to flash alternative recovery and then reflash clockworkmod. Sometime the phone may not recognise it.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Clockworkmod from Rom Manager. If you use it, you might have to flash alternative recovery and then reflash clockworkmod. Sometime the phone may not recognise it.

yup was gonna say that and also early version of raidzero had problems. no idea why you guys are not able to flash it now. if you are unable to install sourcery but like froyo than try elite's froyo they do great work.