{Source Edit Build} GimpSource 3.1 | FRG83D | Source Build ROM |

sparty569

Reaction score
So, if I already have everything from 3.0 up and running and setup how I like it, do I need 3.1?

Also, I know it says wipe, but if you are on 3.0 can you just flash over 3.0?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, if I already have everything from 3.0 up and running and setup how I like it, do I need 3.1?

Pretty sure 3.1 is only the kernel (Correct me here D), so if you have it setup nice for yourself, then I would say you shouldn't have to.

I'm still on the test build myself :)

sparty569

Reaction score

Pretty sure 3.1 is only the kernel (Correct me here D), so if you have it setup nice for yourself, then I would say you shouldn't have to.

I'm still on the test build myself :)

Sounds good. Guess I will wait for the latest, whenever it is ready, FRG83G right?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. Not sure when it will be out. I think it's mostly the text messaging fix.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

ohcop72

Reaction score
Been Running 3.0 since it came out, I never used the Stock Kernel went straight to Slayher 7-1200lv. After attempting to run Google Goggles it told me the Kernel was not supported, I reverted back to old faithful JDLFG 1288-A and now it is running smooth with no glitches so far. Just wanted to put this out there if anyone needed a kernel suggestion, I have not tried the updated 3.1.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
3.1 is just a working kernel and i forgot to change a line in the build.prop so it now says GimpSource 3.0 ..... so no i wouldnt say you had to wipe

i might have a fix for te txt editing fc's also....

frg83g is out its on droid world and the tbh app i have it might make a davrosMOD like the old days ;) i'm sure metiCkMOD will be out prolly today.....

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gave this a try. Runs great, using Slayher 1100. Sapphire is a good base. Any themes coming out for 3.1? I cannot get Gimpy Bread to work with 3.1, was there a framework change? I have it Metamorphed with a black bar now.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Gave this a try. Runs great, using Slayher 1100. Sapphire is a good base. Any themes coming out for 3.1? I cannot get Gimpy Bread to work with 3.1, was there a framework change? I have it Metamorphed with a black bar now.

gimpybread 3.0 works fine on it didnt touch the framework id say redownload and try again, i got it running right now.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

gimpybread 3.0 works fine on it didnt touch the framework id say redownload and try again, i got it running right now.

Ok. Thank you. I will try it again. Congrats on this Rom it is performing great!

azpilot

Reaction score
Loaded up 3.1 worked for a few minutes and then phone shut down and had to remove battery get back up. Galaxy S widget still not showing up after a reset. I notice the back of the phone gets hot as crap after loading this rom. oh well, going back to 2.0 as I'm happy with that one.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Loaded up 3.1 worked for a few minutes and then phone shut down and had to remove battery get back up. Galaxy S widget still not showing up after a reset. I notice the back of the phone gets hot as crap after loading this rom. oh well, going back to 2.0 as I'm happy with that one.

Ok wipe every thing on your phone do this manually wipe options, include dalvik, reflash rom

Your phone is being weird, then also download slayhers 800 kernel

azpilot

Reaction score

Ok wipe every thing on your phone do this manually wipe options, include dalvik, reflash rom

Thanks, that's the problem, this is the only ROM that has ever acted like this and is giving me fits, if I have to go through that much trouble then I'll pass.. I'm happy with 2.0!

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Thanks, that's the problem, this is the only ROM that has ever acted like this and is giving me fits, if I have to go through that much trouble then I'll pass.. I'm happy with 2.0!

weird i'm tellin ya if you wipe everything in the wipe options it might just work. 2.0 is never going to be themed or supported in updates anymore, i think, i'm done with CM base. its too finicky.
just try to wipe everything for tryings sake

Does this version have "Led while screen on" option?

ya i think its in there some where, unless thats CM only

azpilot

Reaction score

weird i'm tellin ya if you wipe everything in the wipe options it might just work. 2.0 is never going to be themed or supported in updates anymore, i think, i'm done with CM base. its too finicky.
just try to wipe everything for tryings sake

Does this version have "Led while screen on" option?

ya i think its in there some where, unless thats CM only

Alright, I did.. so far its holding up. It seems to be related around the Galaxy S widget, when I enable that it gets all weird. Lucky for me I don't really load themes at all, I just modify the heck out of the notification bar icons.. :)