{AOSP Source Build} FRG83G | GimpSquad 1.0

neoj2

Reaction score
help...

Im having some issues getting this rom going.
when i installed the rom the first time (wiped 2x) stuck at m logo so i rebooted and wiped 3 times. i installed both files (rom and gapps) finally worked BUT titanium backup kept getting stuck at 4% trying to restore my missing apps and data only. installed busy box as per problems button but now it wont even get passed 0% it will just sit there. so i cancelled it and tried to install my apps through the market. no apps will install when i press it. itll just stay there with no indication of anything happening. what gives?? i went in to applications and force stopped it and cleared data and cache for market then rebooted. still the same. i am in the process of starting over to see if its just some left over gingerbread stuff. using Rzrecovery for this process. tired of GB problems just want my D1 to work the way it used to.

Last edited:
OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
oooh Ginger bread how i hate you so.....
last time i ran a GB rom i had to wipe 5 times before i could get anything to boot. plus, all those apps your trying to restore fronm gingerbread prolly wont restore. you may have the same problem i have. i broke my google market restore ages ago. i never get apps to restore or even show up lol.

wipe more

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rzrecovery is tricky.

for me anyways. Sounds like you are having similar problems.

First reboot into recovery. Then reboot recovery. Then clock the processor down to 600. Reboot recovery. Make a backup (if necessary). Wipe all. Then wipe system by itself. Then install ROM. Reboot recovery. Reboot android. Possible battery pull then should boot up normal.

Good luck.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

jayman350

Reaction score
I would also make sure that "Force to Same location" is unchecked when you are trying to restore your apps. GB moves a lot more of the app to the sd card than froyo does, that gave me all sorts of headaches when I last switched back from GB. Not sure if you backed up apps in GB, but if you did they probably won't be able to restore, I had that happen and I had to go back to an older backup that I had made while still in froyo.

neoj2

Reaction score
thanks for the quick response guys.
i got it to boot and im avoiding TB all together. something strange happened though. when it booted up it had my wallpaper from the last froyo rom i used (UD3.0) and when i went to my market my apps were trying to restore. of course when i clicked on one it wouldn't start or anything so i rebooted because nothing was happening. now when i click on an app to install nothing happens. it just stays there. i can go back but the app just wont install. ill try a few reboots and ill try wiping and reinstalling again to see if its just some left over data is corrupting my phone.

question- does this rom have song control for the volume buttons? i use it a lot but can wait if it doesnt have it.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It doesn't have the music controls.

Try wiping cache and data in market app.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Ya no music controls dunno if I will put them in the new version.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Zepius

Reaction score
titanium backup is just bad... it rarely works for me and is just a pain.

sonicboomin

Reaction score
no this is pretty much a stock aosp frg83g rom im working on a aosp rom with some options right now also. but this damn galaxy s power widget is a PITA
Wow so happy i found this, happy to see ur still working on froyo. I tried all GB roms and when i think one problem is fixed i find another 2 lol. need my droid till i upgrade in august.
Once u update this rom with goodies i will definately flash it, any eta on it?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's been working on it. When it is released for testing you will know.

beaton3344

Reaction score
Thanks darvos much appreciated. Love my froyo phone. XXXX Gingerbread. Not worth the pain. Need to get everyone else to focus on froyo instead of gingerbread.

Vandy343

Reaction score
Amazing froyo rom! I've been running it for about 3 weeks now, I've been a flashoholic for the past 8 months. Thanks to pocket legends I've overcome my addiction by replacing it with a new one. Waiting for your next release! Keep up the work of froyo greatness!!!!

attoycity

Reaction score
link will be back up in 30 seconds sorry...
ready.................. go!