{Source Edit Build} GimpSource 3.1 | FRG83D | Source Build ROM |

swallisa

Reaction score
Kernel fixed the FC and bootloops, however enable the Galaxy S widget still not working correctly. Once its enabled, then enable the rotary lockscreen and reboot, the Galaxy widget then is gone. Enable again and change colors to other than the green and it does not take effect.

AZ try enable galaxy widget and not rebooting should come up fine. Then reboot after should come back. Mine has come back after multiple reboots.

azpilot

Reaction score
I tried a couple of things, however now I'm FC and Stuck right at bootup after installing ADW. I think I'll go back to 2.0, I had no trouble with that, and this is just too much to want to deal with right now.

swallisa

Reaction score
I tried a couple of things, however now I'm FC and Stuck right at bootup after installing ADW. I think I'll go back to 2.0, I had no trouble with that, and this is just too much to want to deal with right now.

Did you try a fresh download as I am not seeing any of the things your talking about?

azpilot

Reaction score

Did you try a fresh download as I am not seeing any of the things your talking about?

Yep fresh download, fresh load, wipe everything.. I pretty much do the same routine with loading Roms and this is the first one to give me fits. Its all good I'll mess with it some other time..I guess I"m Rom'd out right now.. LOL

swallisa

Reaction score

Yep fresh download, fresh load, wipe everything.. I pretty much do the same routine with loading Roms and this is the first one to give me fits. Its all good I'll mess with it some other time..I guess I"m Rom'd out right now.. LOL

I hear ya sometimes it gets like that what was your replacement kernel just curious?

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
The kernel that gets built with the rom pretty much sux balls. I have tryed to swap out different kernels and issue number one wifi doesn't work at all so that's why I suggested to not even boot this rom with out swapping the kernel out with something better say slayher, or chevyno1. Two kernels that I would endorce, slayher I use, chevy I used to use and I have chatted with him for hours still do id use his kernel just out of him being. Super nice guy.

But I will say it again you can use the supplied kernel at the risk of basicly not working until I can find a suitable working boot.img

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kernel fixed the FC and bootloops, however enable the Galaxy S widget still not working correctly. Once its enabled, then enable the rotary lockscreen and reboot, the Galaxy widget then is gone. Enable again and change colors to other than the green and it does not take effect.

Haven't had an issue with Galaxy Widget on either kernel.

The issue is a stock kernel can't be used (correct me if I'm wrong D) because of the native overclocking app.

Some kernels don't play nice with some phones.

Sorry you are having such a bad time.

It runs smooth and quick with 1.1Chevy.

I don't know much of the back end, but maybe D can replace with another kernel. I'm not sure.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Ya I'm gonna try and replace the kernel later tonight or tomorrow.........

This is an issue with the cvpcs build its well documented on. The github site and they say to replace it also... I'll paste it later

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I replaced the kernel who wants to tests this puppy out? Not promising you anything but the rom it self lol

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
ok i fixed the kernel and one other little thing that was bugging me.....

links will be updated in a min

Last2No

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Silky smooth, great work davros.

Gimpybread makes it even better and it's hard to improve on perfection.

azpilot

Reaction score

I hear ya sometimes it gets like that what was your replacement kernel just curious?

ChevyNo1 ulow 1.0, those have worked flawless on the phone when I used them with other roms, but haven't lately as I have been just as happy with the speed of the phone with the way the roms are.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
ChevyNo1 ulow 1.0, those have worked flawless on the phone when I used them with other roms, but haven't lately as I have been just as happy with the speed of the phone with the way the roms are.

AZ redownload 3.1 i fixed the kernel issue. dancedroid

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Oh and. I just was playing with the txt color editing and I didn't get any fc so maybe it settled in and is ready to play or the kernel was effing that crap up too.......

All is well. In Gimp land. 3 more weeks and I can walk with out crutches. Things will slow down for me with these but I won't ever stop I love doing this stuff.

Now to flash the wifes phone........