So for a little fun!!!! guess the date they announce the release date

OP
T

tdpolo26

Reaction score
Well, I have been waiting this long and have learned patience.... I think I may wait it out a few weeks to see if there is a MAXX version coming out. Having that battery would be tremendously rewarding.
you could always buy from someone with a long return time and no return fee.... i hope they come out with a maxx i kinda doubt it but we will see

bishoy

Reaction score
you could always buy from someone with a long return time and no return fee

Yea i know i have that option... but what if they announce it (or it leaks) but dont release it for a few more weeks? and plus, I dont want to deal with the hassle of returning a phone and too many people messing with my plan. I have unlimited and if I loose that I will not be a happy camper

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I also doubt that a Maxx will come out. Sure they did it with the Razr but with the negative feedback (I'll be nice and call it that), I doubt they're release one. Plus Moto did say they were going to slow down releases. I'm guessing after they've released a few that were all ready in production. And I really haven't read anywhere but here, that there might be a Maxx. Anyone have any other source of this rumor?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I also doubt that a Maxx will come out. Sure they did it with the Razr but with the negative feedback (I'll be nice and call it that), I doubt they're release one. Plus Moto did say they were going to slow down releases. I'm guessing after they've released a few that were all ready in production. And I really haven't read anywhere but here, that there might be a Maxx. Anyone have any other source of this rumor?

If you mean a MAXX version of the Droid 4, rather unlikely not because of backlash but simply because of form factor. The D4 is already going to be thicker than the RAZR simply due to the keyboard. To add a MAXX-type battery would increase the thickness of the back section of the phone even more than the keyboard already does. It is possible that it will have a larger battery than the RAZR from the start (I haven't seen specs), but not by the same nearly 100% increase as the MAXX.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

debdroid1a

Reaction score
FoxKat, you're right about the form factor. It would be too bulky. Almost as big as the guy holding the cell phone in your avatar. We don't want to go back to that.

bishoy

Reaction score
I disagree with it being too big. the Droid RAZR went from having a 1780 mAh battery at 0.28 inches thick, to having a 3300 mAh battery at 0.35 inches thick. the Droid4 is a thin phone, considering it has a keyboard. right now it has a 1785 mAh battery at 0.5 inches thick. assuming the same increase in thickness if the MAXX battery was added, the Droid4 would be 0.57 inches thick. now i know that sounds a bit bulky, but keep in mind:

1. This is an extended battery. a huge one. 3300 mAh. my droid2 with an extended battery (1850mAh) is about 0.56 inches thick. its not that bad at ALL. most people that see my phone dont believe I have an extended battery (have you ever seen an HTC phone with an extended battery? not good lol)

2. The battery life for the RAZR was not bad, but definitely did not last a whole day. would you rather have a droid4 that is .07 inches thinner, or a phone that lasts a day and a half?

3. the difference is .07 inches. that is about 1.78mm. think of how big that actually is (its not)

4. it would be cool

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Trying to find a .57 inch phone is hard. So I found this .6 inch thick phone.
View attachment 46781

I think we're all in agreement this is THICK. This phone also has a keyboard, so that's part of the thickness. Maybe imagine the very bottom part where the grove is, isn't on there...

A phone that lasts all day would be cool. But my phones don't have to do that. I keep my D1 plugged in at home until I leave and most of the night, unless I need it without the cord. Plugged in at work.

I also bought a small recharger to use if needed.

I also have a car charger to use as needed (this was bought with another USB phone before my D1).

So, no I do not want this thick of a phone.

-------
Guess we should stay on topic or someone needs to start a D4 Maxx thread.

Um. my old date still stands. Feb 9. ;). Or May10 (hey I have a "source" like I said.... okay it's a calendar which says May 10 is on a Thursday the day Verizon releases new phones...).:D

Last edited:

bishoy

Reaction score
I think we're all in agreement this is THICK.

no, we are not all in agreement. I can think of at least one person (me) who is not in agreement that a phone that is .57 inches is thick for a phone with a QWERTY keyboard and a 3300 mAh battery. I just measured my droid2 with its extended battery. it is 16mm thick (which is 1mm thicker than the samsung you posted) and like I stated before, my phone is not bulky.

so let's go back to .57 inches...... that is a little less than 14.5mm. for me, coming from a phone that is 16mm thick, 14.5mm is perfect. ESPECIALLY if I will be upgrading from an 1850mAh battery to a 3300mAh battery.

A phone that lasts all day would be cool. But my phones don't have to do that. I keep my D1 plugged in at home until I leave and most of the night, unless I need it without the cord. Plugged in at work.

I also bought a small recharger to use if needed.

I also have a car charger to use as needed (this was bought with another USB phone before my D1).

Just because your phones dont have to do that doesn't mean that the rest of the population is as lucky. What if I dont work at a desk and it is not practical for me to keep my phone plugged in at work? and what about when I am in class? should I have to pull out a charger and plug in my phone? and the commute to work/school is less than ten minutes. charging in the car will make almost no difference. and you would rather cary around a small recharger and plug your phone into it instead of having a phone that just lasts all day? I don't know about you, but having my phone plugged in at home, school, work, the car, and plugged into a recharger is 1)impractical 2)inconvenient and 3)defeats the purpose of having a cell phone.

So, no I do not want this thick of a phone.

okay, then don't buy it if it comes out. the droid4 is .5inches (12.7mm) thick and it seems like that would work for you since you have a charger everywhere you look. all i am saying, is that, in my opinion, a phone that is .57 inches and a 3300mAh battery would be wonderful, so I am going to wait a few weeks just in case something like that is announced/leaked.

fingaz

Reaction score
So does anyone the Droid 4 will actually be released next week? Or is it going to continue to be pushed back? I'm starting to loose faith.