So for a little fun!!!! guess the date they announce the release date

OP
T

tdpolo26

Reaction score
So does anyone the Droid 4 will actually be released next week? Or is it going to continue to be pushed back? I'm starting to loose faith.

wait they are releasing a droid 4 ????? lol!!! ummm looks pretty good for the 10th, but verizon does seem to like to throw the droid community off kilter with these releases

OP
T

tdpolo26

Reaction score
Who thinks the ad for the droid 4 comes out during the superbowl

Last edited:
OP
T

tdpolo26

Reaction score
Who thinks the ad for the droid 4 comes out during the superbowl

well i was really thinking i would see a d4 commercial.... you would think it would be the perfect event to throw it out there.... pretty stupid not to if you ask me

Maverick0984

Reaction score
well i was really thinking i would see a d4 commercial.... you would think it would be the perfect event to throw it out there.... pretty stupid not to if you ask me

I think it has been made pretty clear that VZW doesn't feel hardware keyboard phones are very popular. Since the OG Droid, they haven't put much advertising or effort into any subsequent Droid (w/ keyboard) phone.

TC_Mits

Reaction score
I think it has been made pretty clear that VZW doesn't feel hardware keyboard phones are very popular. Since the OG Droid, they haven't put much advertising or effort into any subsequent Droid (w/ keyboard) phone.

so true so true....lets be honest they always put there eggs in one basket. right now they are on the RAZR kick.

The sales of the D3 proved what vzw must certainly have already known very well --- keyboard phone are popular. If this release is silent, it serves a particular vzw purpose. The question must be, why doesn't vzw want the D4 to do too well?

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX ws/DF app. )

OP
T

tdpolo26

Reaction score
The sales of the D3 proved what vzw must certainly have already known very well --- keyboard phone are popular. If this release is silent, it serves a particular vzw purpose. The question must be, why doesn't vzw want the D4 to do too well?

( By DX ws/DF app. )

you ever notice how stores will do the "grand opening" 2 months after being opened. Sometimes i think they do a soft launch to see how the phone does, and see what people to market it to. Work out any bugs before you really push the release. Basically first week people are testers on a bigger scale and they want to see what people really think before they unleash all there advertising power. Anyone remember all the iphone antenna issues after they sold a ton of phones with the problem????

TC_Mits

Reaction score
you ever notice how stores will do the "grand opening" 2 months after being opened. Sometimes i think they do a soft launch to see how the phone does, and see what people to market it to. Work out any bugs before you really push the release. Basically first week people are testers on a bigger scale and they want to see what people really think before they unleash all there advertising power. Anyone remember all the iphone antenna issues after they sold a ton of phones with the problem????

Makes sense by itself. But in the context of a release already too long delayed and a phone already behind the curve, the 'preponderance of the evidence' says otherwise, I think. There's been too much time already to test the D4 thoroughly. Your argument would be a better fit to a phone that was being rushed to market.

( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited:
OP
T

tdpolo26

Reaction score
Makes sense by itself. But in the context of a release already too long delayed and a phone already behind the curve, the 'preponderance of the evidence' says otherwise, I think. There's been too much time already to test the D4 thoroughly. Your argument would be a better fit to a phone that was being rushed to market.

( By DX w/DF app. )

true i agree with you, but iphone 3 wasnt rushed and it had testers and had all sorts of issues. Along with the nexus which had call quality issues and it had signal issues. Its impossible to test in all markets and with a huge variety of apps. They dont put out that many tester phones. Throughout most of the internet which i have been searching since oct for the d4 i have only seen 1 or 2 tester phones in the wild photos. You also have to remember we are the 1 to 3 percent that even knows this phone has been delayed FOREVER. 75 percent of people probably dont even know this phone is comming that are going to buy it. So i dont think most people are worried about it being behind the curve

bishoy

Reaction score
any thoughts as to why the phone is only $199.99 (of course I am very happy, but just curious) do they not consider it a high-end device? or do they just think it wont sell so they have to drop the price?

fingaz

Reaction score
Well just like the 16gb Razr is $199, 32 gb Razr is $249 and the Razr Maxx is $299, I can only assume that they will come out with a D4 Maxx and a 32gb version with similar pricing.

debdroid1a

Reaction score

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Well just like the 16gb Razr is $199, 32 gb Razr is $249 and the Razr Maxx is $299, I can only assume that they will come out with a D4 Maxx and a 32gb version with similar pricing.

I'm not waiting. For a MAXX or anything. That will be several months until it's released, the price will be high and there actually would be better spec phones by then. And it would be HUDGELY FAT with that large of a battery. I'm thinking the SIII will be out by the time the Maxx will (somewhere I thought I read April or May) and that would be a much better phone then a D4 Maxx, even without a keyboard. But I'm not waiting.

I'll get the D4, enjoy it until my NE2 runs out.