So for a little fun!!!! guess the date they announce the release date

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by tdpolo26, Jan 21, 2012.

1. bishoy

bishoy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I disagree with it being too big. the Droid RAZR went from having a 1780 mAh battery at 0.28 inches thick, to having a 3300 mAh battery at 0.35 inches thick. the Droid4 is a thin phone, considering it has a keyboard. right now it has a 1785 mAh battery at 0.5 inches thick. assuming the same increase in thickness if the MAXX battery was added, the Droid4 would be 0.57 inches thick. now i know that sounds a bit bulky, but keep in mind:

1. This is an extended battery. a huge one. 3300 mAh. my droid2 with an extended battery (1850mAh) is about 0.56 inches thick. its not that bad at ALL. most people that see my phone dont believe I have an extended battery (have you ever seen an HTC phone with an extended battery? not good lol)

2. The battery life for the RAZR was not bad, but definitely did not last a whole day. would you rather have a droid4 that is .07 inches thinner, or a phone that lasts a day and a half?

3. the difference is .07 inches. that is about 1.78mm. think of how big that actually is (its not)

4. it would be cool

2. debdroid1a

debdroid1a Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Trying to find a .57 inch phone is hard. So I found this .6 inch thick phone.
    View attachment 46781

I think we're all in agreement this is THICK. This phone also has a keyboard, so that's part of the thickness. Maybe imagine the very bottom part where the grove is, isn't on there...

A phone that lasts all day would be cool. But my phones don't have to do that. I keep my D1 plugged in at home until I leave and most of the night, unless I need it without the cord. Plugged in at work.

I also bought a small recharger to use if needed.

I also have a car charger to use as needed (this was bought with another USB phone before my D1).

So, no I do not want this thick of a phone.

-------
    Guess we should stay on topic or someone needs to start a D4 Maxx thread.

Um. my old date still stands. Feb 9. ;). Or May10 (hey I have a "source" like I said.... okay it's a calendar which says May 10 is on a Thursday the day Verizon releases new phones...).:D

#26 debdroid1a, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  3. bishoy

bishoy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no, we are not all in agreement. I can think of at least one person (me) who is not in agreement that a phone that is .57 inches is thick for a phone with a QWERTY keyboard and a 3300 mAh battery. I just measured my droid2 with its extended battery. it is 16mm thick (which is 1mm thicker than the samsung you posted) and like I stated before, my phone is not bulky.

so let's go back to .57 inches...... that is a little less than 14.5mm. for me, coming from a phone that is 16mm thick, 14.5mm is perfect. ESPECIALLY if I will be upgrading from an 1850mAh battery to a 3300mAh battery.

Just because your phones dont have to do that doesn't mean that the rest of the population is as lucky. What if I dont work at a desk and it is not practical for me to keep my phone plugged in at work? and what about when I am in class? should I have to pull out a charger and plug in my phone? and the commute to work/school is less than ten minutes. charging in the car will make almost no difference. and you would rather cary around a small recharger and plug your phone into it instead of having a phone that just lasts all day? I don't know about you, but having my phone plugged in at home, school, work, the car, and plugged into a recharger is 1)impractical 2)inconvenient and 3)defeats the purpose of having a cell phone.

okay, then don't buy it if it comes out. the droid4 is .5inches (12.7mm) thick and it seems like that would work for you since you have a charger everywhere you look. all i am saying, is that, in my opinion, a phone that is .57 inches and a 3300mAh battery would be wonderful, so I am going to wait a few weeks just in case something like that is announced/leaked.

4. debdroid1a

debdroid1a Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Can we have an UNLIKE button on here.:frown:

5. bishoy

bishoy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i hope I did not offend or upset you :biggrin: we're all droid buds here

6. fingaz

fingaz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So does anyone the Droid 4 will actually be released next week? Or is it going to continue to be pushed back? I'm starting to loose faith.

7. tdpolo26

tdpolo26 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    wait they are releasing a droid 4 ????? lol!!! ummm looks pretty good for the 10th, but verizon does seem to like to throw the droid community off kilter with these releases

8. tdpolo26

tdpolo26 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Who thinks the ad for the droid 4 comes out during the superbowl

#32 tdpolo26, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  9. fingaz

fingaz Member

Ratings:
    +0

One can only hope... but I am quickly loosing hope...

10. tdpolo26

tdpolo26 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    well i was really thinking i would see a d4 commercial.... you would think it would be the perfect event to throw it out there.... pretty stupid not to if you ask me

11. Maverick0984

Maverick0984 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I think it has been made pretty clear that VZW doesn't feel hardware keyboard phones are very popular. Since the OG Droid, they haven't put much advertising or effort into any subsequent Droid (w/ keyboard) phone.

12. bishoy

bishoy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    they havent put much effort into releasing them either

Search tags for this page

thick phones