Release Date?

astronomeric210

Reaction score
Do we have any idea of a release date for the Droid 2? I am looking into it because I will be getting a Verizon contract in early August (getting off of the horrible At&t service) and I think this phone would be best for me as I like a keyboard and its processor will be fast.

Any idea on release date? I have heard July and August tossed around... What if it comes out in late August? I think they allow you to turn in a phone within thirty days, so I could get a different phone then turn it in when the Droid 2 became available.

Mojo

Reaction score
If I were you I would expect the D2 to drop with in 6 weeks of the X

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do we have any idea of a release date for the Droid 2? I am looking into it because I will be getting a Verizon contract in early August (getting off of the horrible At&t service) and I think this phone would be best for me as I like a keyboard and its processor will be fast.

Any idea on release date? I have heard July and August tossed around... What if it comes out in late August? I think they allow you to turn in a phone within thirty days, so I could get a different phone then turn it in when the Droid 2 became available.

I kind of doubt that the Droid 2 is going to be out before the Fall at the earliest. With the Droid X coming out on July 15 I doubt they will push out another Droid a month later.

Stranger things have happened though.

B

b16a2smith

I kind of doubt that the Droid 2 is going to be out before the Fall at the earliest. With the Droid X coming out on July 15 I doubt they will push out another Droid a month later.

Stranger things have happened though.
I am on the same page, I just find it very hard they would release it that soon, unless they plan on grabbing even more clientèle with another release for those who want their KB, could happen but I highly doubt it.

urboyissues

Reaction score
I don't know about that... Moto did say 4 new phones with the 2G processer one by the end of the year..they don't have much time left if that is truely the case

mottling

Reaction score
I talked with a rep this morning, who had a meeting about the Droid X and related things before I came in. The rep said that Droid 2 will be coming out in August.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
August is the traget date for the Droid 2.........I am looking forward to this device too

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I read somewhere earlier today that the droid 2 will drop in mid August. Although i personally think its too early for a second droid, I am still looking for to this phone. How will this effect the development community? Will it be split between the two devices? I like the rom i am running but would want support for the new droid IF i get it. Currently running ChevyNo1 SS v4.2 with a 1Gh lv kernel. Going to SS v4.4 later today.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
I read somewhere earlier today that the droid 2 will drop in mid August. Although i personally think its too early for a second droid, I am still looking for to this phone. How will this effect the development community? Will it be split between the two devices? I like the rom i am running but would want support for the new droid IF i get it. Currently running ChevyNo1 SS v4.2 with a 1Gh lv kernel. Going to SS v4.4 later today.

I guess it would depend on if the new Droid 2 is as locked down as the Droid X is supposed to be. I do expect someone to get through it, but I'm not sure how quickly we could expect it or how easy it'll be for others to duplicate.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mabye the 2 in Droid 2 means 2 Ghz

No it will not be 2ghx. It will be 1ghz and the release is shceduled for next month..

Dual core beat at 2ghz is due mid december

RConcheiro

Reaction score
Hope its in early August, just got the Droid about 2 days ago and I hope it comes in within my 30 days so I can get the Droid 2 :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk