[ROM] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

doniago

Reaction score
ROM seems to be working fine for me at this point. I've noticed a couple of my sounds seem to have changed...not necessarily a problem, but it seemed worth noting. Biggest annoyance is getting my widgets and settings up and running. I apparently need to make a point of starting some of my apps manually once before they'll remember they're supposed to come up automatically as well. Not ROM-related issues per se, but anyone who's new'ish to this sort of thing might want to take note.

weber3040

Reaction score
A succesful install. But im wondering if there is anyway to flash VVM on here. I would really like to have it back, otherwise no complaints at all.

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I will be looking at vvm this weekend to figure out what all is needed for it. If its possible to reincorporate without to much i will make a flashable zip to install.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No problem... it'll need tested because honestly ive never used it! Lol

fito_l4

Reaction score
im loving this rom! just wondering if theres anyway to remove or turn off the google search bar on the home screen without changing launchers?

That was probably the only thing I wanted to change too, besides that this ROM is pretty sweet. Here is how you remove the google search bar. Go to main settings, launcher settings, homescreen, and uncheck the "search bar" box." After that you'll be good to go.

sunny757

Reaction score
Stuck in bootloop

First off - I love this ROM. I am having a problem with rebooting.

Here is what I've done so far.

Coming from OTA ICS 4.0.4 on razr .211.

I installed the rom without issue and used my phone the entire day. Battery died and I went to reboot.
I get the safestrap logo and let the phone go into start up.

It keeps flashing the pulsing M, it looks like its going to start, it flashes my lock screen, then restarts.

Things I've tried to resolve the issue:
-Full wipe to stock ics
-Root using razr utility 1.8
-Install safestrap 2.0
-Turn on safe mode
-Wiped data/factory reset
-Wiped cache
-Install ROM from external card
-Reboot phone

When it happened again, I tried just wiping the cache and rebooting and end up with the same results.

After initial install phone goes right into ROM no problems.
If I reboot the phone I get past the pulsing M, my flash screen shows then it attempts to reboot eventually getting stuck on the pulsing M.

I have two razrs and this is happening on both.

Just curious if anyone else has had an issue with this and has a resolution.

Thanks again, looking forward to using this ROM

Last edited:

weber3040

Reaction score
One thing i noticed was i used 1.81 instead of 1.8 to root but I'm not sure if that could have made any difference. I wonder if your downloaded ROM got corrupted during the download? Maybe try redownloading it? Otherwise you followed the same procedure as i did and mine installed without any problem. Good luck!

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That is very odd. Typically a boot loop doesn't make it to the lockscreen. Honestly I'm not 100% sure what would be causing your issue. You're literally the only report of this with 1500+ downloads. I would say just as the last post... try to re-download the rom and report back.

sunny757

Reaction score
Thank you very much downloaded again and went through install process. All good.

Great ROM.

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks! Good to hear you got everything worked out.

chris6551

Reaction score
What version

This might be a dum question but I have a razr that cdma, and Im new to the roms on the razr. Any help would be greatful. Is the Rom a cdma rom, and if I have a global phone can I flash gsm roms as well.

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This might be a dum question but I have a razr that cdma, and Im new to the roms on the razr. Any help would be greatful. Is the Rom a cdma rom, and if I have a global phone can I flash gsm roms as well.

This is indeed for the CDMA variation of the razr ie:verizon wireless.

As far as being able to flash GSM and CDMA roms on the same phone Im gonna have to say no. It is possible to port one to the other but they are not universal.