[ROM] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

doniago

Reaction score
I did. Hm, I have a calendar.apk in my /system/app that I can install, but if I try opening it it crashes. I've also got a MotoCalendar.apk that won't install. My /data folder looks like it's empty.

Last edited:
OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You cant have both calendars to being with. Remove one of them then use settings to wipe the data on the other. See if that works for you.

If that doesn't work i would just a clean wipe and do not use titanium backup to restore any system apps or data! It causes problems as you're finding out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

doniago

Reaction score
Yeah, that was one of my guesses as to what the problem might be. I'll try again, let you know how it goes.

ETA - Up and running now, I think. Had to reinstall Maps via the store, but no big deal.

Last edited:

weber3040

Reaction score
hey everyone. A couple simple questions.....
I am running the OTA ICS (4.0.4) Can i use this ROM still? and also, which version of safstrap will i need to use?
Also, do i need to root first before safestrap and the ROM?
Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

Last edited:

doniago

Reaction score
You'll need Safestrap 2.0. I don't think you need to root unless Safestrap needs it. When you install the ROM it installs root in any case.

I'm not sure about 4.0.4 though...if that's one of the leaks, I -think- you should be okay, but if you got it OTA, I'm not so sure.

weber3040

Reaction score
Yeah this is the OTA update. No leaks. I was on gingerbread until the OTA was installed. I just wanna make sure before installing this ROM. I have downloaded safestrap 2.0.

weber3040

Reaction score
I installed safestrap and tried to run it and it just keeps force closing. So do i need root then?

adrialk

Reaction score
I installed safestrap and tried to run it and it just keeps force closing. So do i need root then?

Yes, that was my experience. Need root to install safe strap recovery.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX

adrialk

Reaction score
I would try first to goto settings/apps/all and wipe data for youtube.

Next check to make sure there isnt a youtube in /data/app...

You're the only one to report this issue. So final if neither of those do the trick.. use a root explorer and navigate to /system/app to delete youtube..

Removing it from system then restarting and reinstalling from the market worked. Changing the autoboot settings in rom toolbox caused problems for YouTube... nothing related to this rom.

Last edited:
OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes, that was my experience. Need root to install safe strap recovery.

Root is definitely needed for safestrap installation. Running the apk has to write to /system. Without root that is not possible.

weber3040

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation as to which root program to use with 4.0.4 and perhaps a link?

adrialk

Reaction score
Alright thanks for your response. Which program did you use to root your RAZR?

I used the 1.81 matt groff RAZR utility to root. Easy easy easy. Just have to put the phone in media transfer mode instead of mass storage and install the right drivers. It does the rest.

This ROM is exactly what I was looking for, just the right small tweaks. I don't understand why moto doesn't include the toggles in the notification bar.

weber3040

Reaction score
I used the 1.81 matt groff RAZR utility to root. Easy easy easy. Just have to put the phone in media transfer mode instead of mass storage and install the right drivers. It does the rest.

This ROM is exactly what I was looking for, just the right small tweaks. I don't understand why moto doesn't include the toggles in the notification bar.

Alrighty, i succesfully rooted and installed safestrap 2.0. Now im just waiting for the green light if this ROM works on the OTA ICS 4.0.4.

adrialk

Reaction score
Alrighty, i succesfully rooted and installed safestrap 2.0. Now im just waiting for the green light if this ROM works on the OTA ICS 4.0.4.

It does... make sure to wipe cache/data after enabling safe system.