[ROM] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

chris6551

Reaction score
Thanks very Much for your quick reply, you answer was very helpfull.

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No problem man! Hope you find what you're looking for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
i didn't see anyone else here have this problem, so i'll ask it.
i am currently running the 1.01 version (in process of updating now!:biggrin:) but here recently, my internet has stopped working. not sure why or what the heck i did, but i have to reboot to get the internet to work again. it's competley off too, play store, i heart, nothing works. maybe some app causing issues? i don't have many if you need me to list them.

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
ok, i give....
how do you make the home screen rotate? i have "auto rotate screen" checked. what did i miss? other apps rotate when i have them open. i also am using Apex launcher. what did i miss?

EDIT: i have to reinstall the rom. i didn't make a backup, and decided to just start deleting apps. found out, "com.contextual.smartactions?" is something you should not delete. it kept popping up saying it "stopped working."
i'll check the screen rotate issue onces i re do it (before any app download or delete).

EDIT: duh, you have to make sure Trebuchet has "auto-rotate screen" checked as well. i was confused, because i wasn't using that launcher. so, even if you have a different launcher, that setting has to be checked. any way to delete that launcher?

EDIT: ok, dang, alright, i'm just dumb! lol. Apex settings, Behavior settings, "Screen Orientation" ...duh, "auto-rotate." i'm pretty sure that was the issue and not trebuchet. dang, sorry, my bad. i must have overlooked that several time.
again,
my bad.

Last edited:
OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok, i give....
how do you make the home screen rotate? i have "auto rotate screen" checked. what did i miss? other apps rotate when i have them open. i also am using Apex launcher. what did i miss?

EDIT: i have to reinstall the rom. i didn't make a backup, and decided to just start deleting apps. found out, "com.contextual.smartactions?" is something you should not delete. it kept popping up saying it "stopped working."
i'll check the screen rotate issue onces i re do it (before any app download or delete).

EDIT: duh, you have to make sure Trebuchet has "auto-rotate screen" checked as well. i was confused, because i wasn't using that launcher. so, even if you have a different launcher, that setting has to be checked. any way to delete that launcher?

You can delete it. Just make sure you have another launcher installed. I will add that you will have a fc in settings if you click on the launcher settings though.

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
here is what i deleted.....

* type: su (enter)

* type: mount -o rw,remount /system (enter)

* type: rm -r /system/app/(name of app).apk (enter)
removable apps.....

DockService.apk
Exchange.apk
FileManager.apk
ForestWallpaper.apk
GenieWidget.apk
LiveWallpapers.apk
LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
MCDownloadManager.apk
MotoDockHelperService.apk
MotorolaAccountSetup.apk
MusicFX.apk
OutOfBox.apk
SetupProvider.apk
SmartActionFW.apk
SmartCarDock.apk
StickyNoteWidget.apk
Swype.apk
Talk.apk
Tasks.apk
Trebuchet.apk
VSuiteApp.apk

still have:
Gmail =??? (com.google.android.gm-1.apk)
Smart Actions =??? (com.motorola.contextual.smartrules-1.apk) (this is the app i deleted that made me have to reinstall your rom.)
You Tube =??? (com.google.android.youtube-1.apk)

i did confirm that FC when i deleted Trebuchet. so where did you hid those 3 apps? can't find the .apk to delete to get rid of them. oh, i did pm you this, but i figure i'd post it here too.
what i have listed for the 3 apks i haven't deleted, is that the correct apk to delete?

sh100528

Reaction score
can I use this ROM outside USA?

can I use this ROM outside USA?
now I am at CHINA,I am using chinese network supporting cdma 2000.

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Honestly man... I cant tell you for sure. If you're able to use safestrap you may be able to use it. But I've got no way to tell you for sure. Surprising to me I did have someone report that they were using it in Germany... so if you decide to try it feel free to let me know how it goes.

sh100528

Reaction score
after select language,stuck at the page'please wait,this may take afew minutes'.

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
i am having 1 small issue. when i go from any screen to the home screen, my wallpaper image is black, about 1 second later, it flashes to what my wallpaper should be. i am using the stock wallpaper. it's not a huge issue, but i believe it's the first time i have had something like that. could it be because i am not using the CM launcher?

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i am having 1 small issue. when i go from any screen to the home screen, my wallpaper image is black, about 1 second later, it flashes to what my wallpaper should be. i am using the stock wallpaper. it's not a huge issue, but i believe it's the first time i have had something like that. could it be because i am not using the CM launcher?

Possible. Have you moved your replacement launcher into systen/app?

dannyw

Reaction score
I love this rom guys smooth like butter grab it flash it and enjoy. and I use safestap with out a problem I dont know why people are haveing problems just do all your wipes it does take a few minutes to boot up sits on the pulseing m for a few just put it down and walk away

Last edited:

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
hm, no i didn't. i didn't think of doing that. just drag it over there? i am making a back up right now. should be done in a few.
attempted to delete Gmail (com.google.android.gm-1.apk) and You Tube (com.google.android.youtube-1.apk). i was able to delete those apps (no fail messages) but i still have both icons in my drawer. i didn't attempt to delete Smart Actions yet because last time i did that, i kept getting a fail message anytime i got a text. the last version of this rom had Gmail as (Gmail.apk) and You Tube as (youtube.apk) and i was able to delete them quite easy.

EDIT: after the back up and reboot. those apps went away. i'll try Smart Actions in a bit.....

EDIT: ok, how do i move or copy it over? i have ES file manager, first tired a "copy" of the apex.apk and went to /system/app and it wouldn't let me copy it to that folder. i then tried "move" and still no joy. is there an app or a something i need to do before i move the .apk?

EDIT: ^^^^^ yeah, didn't even look at the "settings" for ES file manager. turns out if you check the option for "root exployer" then the whole copy/paste method works like a champ. Apex launcher is now in /system/app. when i go from the drawer to home screen, the wallpaper is now immediatly there. when i go from an app to the home screen, a slight delay. i'm sure it's now working as normal. would be neat to be able to use that option you made in the system settings for the apex launcher.

again. amazing rom. simple, fast, slimmed down, and useful.

Last edited: