Sick of my Droid, Verizon is offering me a used Incredible...take it or not?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Long story short, I am on my 6th Droid and am done with them. I went to the store and they tried to pass off an Ally on me. I called Verizon up tonight and they offered me an reconditioned Incredible instead. I'm trying to decide if I should take it or push for something else?
It's worth a shot but with luck like yours it's really a gamble... Don't go to Vegas any time soon.

scarmack

Reaction score
ive been through 3 droids and got a free upgrade to the x. i blow out the keypads. basically the pads rip off the board and bubble up and you cant type, so they basically gave me a choice to get a incredible or X, bc they dont have keypads hahaa. and i chose the X, will be here today. i text to much :(

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Honestly, it isnt the Droid itself, its the ****ty refurbished non-fixed phones they keep sending you. Im on my 4th droid already. If anything happens to this one Im getting a free upgrade to a Droid X/Dinc.

My org droid was a trooper from day one, never had any issues untill the phone would boot loop for no reason. After that, it was all down hill. Every replacement they send me has different issues. I get a brand new Droid today, so well see if it holds up like my first droid (fingers crossed).

I feel your pain though. If your not big on Roms, get the Inc. or an X. Stock for stock the Dinc is a much better experience (if you like sense, if not root and remove it). Its a nice handset that didnt get enough praise due to limited supply.

to each his own.

modified

Reaction score
Not trying to be mean, but you sound like a perfectionist.

On a serious note, the iPhone may be for you. It is a lot more polished in this aspect.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

On a serious note, the iPhone may be for you. It is a lot more polished in this aspect.

Have you had any CLNR droids lately? They sent me 3 bad ones in the past 2 weeks... Something is wrong with there quality assurance department, they're not checking these phones before sending them out.

Maybe all of you bashing trolls should use iPhones, this forum used to be filled with cool relevant people who helped each other, now it reminds me of every Apple fanboy site. RTFA before posting.

dB Zac

Reaction score
Man, i loved my droid and i never had any issues. That being said, i hated the incredible. I went threw three in 2 months. The speaker kept blowing out and i am not a fan of the friend stream.

Did you ever try running your droid with no additions, no wallpapers, cleen sd card, no added apps. It sounds like something you are adding or a file one your sd was running a muck

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sabiancym

Reaction score
No offense, but 6 phones? I'm guessing you are either the one messing them up, or you expected the droid to be something out of star trek and anything less than instant launching isn't good enough for you.

There is no way 6 consecutive phones have had major problems.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
No offense, but 6 phones? I'm guessing you are either the one messing them up, or you expected the droid to be something out of star trek and anything less than instant launching isn't good enough for you.

There is no way 6 consecutive phones have had major problems.

Ive had 3 bad CLNR phones in a row as well... so yes, it is very possible. They shipped me a brand new droid, its sitting at my house waiting for me. Hopefully this one will be a beast like my first droid was. I never should have replaced it, it wasnt worth the hassle for what was wrong with it.

Stop bashing the kid, Verizon is clearly shipping out CLNR handsets that are, well, simply not "LN" :icon_evil:

dolpns13

Reaction score
I haven't rooted any of them. Most have had similar issues, but not always exactly the same. They have all been dog slow. The last one kept dropping my bluetooth connection for instance, but this current one isn't.

I don't have a ton of apps installed. And any apps I have are well known apps (foursquare, astro, layer, movies, etc.). Besides, I noticed right away when I first got the phone it wasn't the quickest. This most recent one was giving me the force close, wait, report pop ups almost right away! Even before I added apps.

I feel your pain.. I get this all the time.. I think it has to do with Launcher pro - if you are using that. Launcher pro force closes a few times a day. also get "cpu restoring last screen" messages, as well as "waiting for cpu to wake up". Now I have this gay wallpaper issue.

Foreverrr

Reaction score
I kinda posted this in another thread, but not really. Long story short, I am on my 6th Droid and am done with them. I went to the store and they tried to pass off an Ally on me. I called Verizon up tonight and they offered me an reconditioned Incredible instead. I'm trying to decide if I should take it or push for something else? She said that if I don't like the Incredible, she will try and work with me to find a suitable replacement.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I am on my 4th droid and I told them that I'm sick of getting replacements...How did you get through to them and get them to offer you an Incredible!?

hollowbox

Reaction score
Damn I feel bad for you all. Me and my wife have had our droids since early december and have used the hell out of them with no issues. They work like champs....incredible little phones.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Love my Droid. Been a champ since purchase on Nov 7 (day after launch). Well, OK not PERFECT. Early on I had problems with not being able to wake phone up from blank screen idle. Would have to do battery pull once or twice a week. But that cleared itself up back in Dec or Jan. Only problem since - the gold flaked off the camera button (I saw one other person note that in this thread). It's bright white now, in case you're wondering...

vzwtek

Reaction score

Have you had any CLNR droids lately? They sent me 3 bad ones in the past 2 weeks... Something is wrong with there quality assurance department, they're not checking these phones before sending them out.

Maybe all of you bashing trolls should use iPhones, this forum used to be filled with cool relevant people who helped each other, now it reminds me of every Apple fanboy site. RTFA before posting.

Like I said in another post, most of the unites they are sending at the current time are New devices, so I'm sorry if you got the magical 6 that werent.

The iphone also has it NUMBER of issues, If they would license the os, then they could get some decent hardware included. but they wont, so they will still go to the same sh***y Chinese manufacturers for their radios.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Like I said in another post, most of the unites they are sending at the current time are New devices, so I'm sorry if you got the magical 6 that werent.

The iphone also has it NUMBER of issues, If they would license the os, then they could get some decent hardware included. but they wont, so they will still go to the same sh***y Chinese manufacturers for their radios.

I had 4 in a row that were all bad. The first replacement had a loose screen, and by loose I mean it was falling off. The second device had 3 keys that did not function on the keyboard. The 3rd device which was brand new in the box, has a faulty tilt sensor and serious screen issues.

Not saying our issues are the same, but if he claims hes had 6 bad devices, I'm slightly inclined to believe him lol.