Sick of my Droid, Verizon is offering me a used Incredible...take it or not?

cpjr

Reaction score
I think your being WAY to anal about your phones. I doubt half of them actually had anything wrong with them.

nyijedi

Reaction score
So to sum it up, based on your own posts, you've had ALL of the following problems over SIX phones:

-phone won't make a call
-GPS doesn't work
-Constant force closes
-All of your old messages disappeard
-Phone freezes when entering numbers to make a call
-Phone is slow
-Bluetooth connection dropping out

Maybe you should consider going back to a feature phone.

JMU_Droid

Reaction score
I would consult a shaman, because I think you're cursed.

But if the Droid is leaving a bad taste in your mouth, then you probably couldn't go wrong with the Incredible. It's a shame that you've had such bad experiences, because the Droid is top notch.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I would consult a shaman, because I think you're cursed.

But if the Droid is leaving a bad taste in your mouth, then you probably couldn't go wrong with the Incredible. It's a shame that you've had such bad experiences, because the Droid is top notch.

Elemental, Enhancement or Resto???

sorry, couldnt resist the bad WoW joke.

OP
ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
Not every phone has had the same issues. Although they all had some commonalities. Like the sluggishness for example. No, my previous ones didn't delete my messages. However, they all have required a reboot to use the GPS.

Most have had issues dialing. For instance if I was listening to my voicemail, I would press my password, but it would take about 5 seconds to actually input the beeps.

And I don't think it's too anal to want a PHONE that can make a call without having to be rebooted to do so. Or have to wait 30 seconds to actually have the phone respond to make the call.

I was going to a job interview the other day and first of all, the GPS wouldn't work. Had to reboot. Got to the place and tried to call the guy, but it wouldn't make a call. Had to reboot. Consequently, I was late to a job interview. That's not cool. That is not acceptable to me.

Last night, I was talking to my girlfriend. The phone rebooted. As it was coming up, she called back. It wasn't at the home screen, but it still rang. And then rebooted again.

Today, I tried to make a phone call. I got half way through entering the numbers when the phone locked up. After about 40 seconds, the screen went black. Had to reboot.

Now how am I being anal???

No, different SD cards also.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
If all that is true then you have an app on there that is causing the issue.
You should do a factory restore and as stated earlier install 1 app at a time and run the phone for a few days until the troublesome app shows itself.

Ludacrosse05

Reaction score
Tomorrow I will be receiving my 4th Droid.

Droid 1 (purchased at launch) - Camera was not functional, screen wobbled. - Phone was replaced next day.

Droid 2 - Incredibly bad screen wobble when the screen was slid open (from day 1 of owning the phone), camera had that awful purple hue in the center of the pictures, 4 soft keys were all different shades of purple, when the screen wasn't open there was an awful click sound coming from the top left corner which was rather annoying.

Droid 3 - Incredibly bad screen wobble when the screen was slid open (after having the Droid for 2 months), purple hue in the center of the pictures, the 4 soft keys are 4 different colors, the battery cover no longer stays on the majority of the time and the space bar sticks (I text a lot).

Droid 4 - Phone will be arriving tomorrow. The guy on tech support told me all of my issues were rather common and it only took a couple minutes for him to send me another Droid. He said if there are problems with this one that they will work on getting me a different device.

I've had no issues with calls or GPS, both have worked fantastically well.

menozcm

Reaction score
Tomorrow I will be receiving my 4th Droid.

Droid 1 (purchased at launch) - Camera was not functional, screen wobbled. - Phone was replaced next day.

Droid 2 - Incredibly bad screen wobble when the screen was slid open (from day 1 of owning the phone), camera had that awful purple hue in the center of the pictures, 4 soft keys were all different shades of purple, when the screen wasn't open there was an awful click sound coming from the top left corner which was rather annoying.

Droid 3 - Incredibly bad screen wobble when the screen was slid open (after having the Droid for 2 months), purple hue in the center of the pictures, the 4 soft keys are 4 different colors, the battery cover no longer stays on the majority of the time and the space bar sticks (I text a lot).

Droid 4 - Phone will be arriving tomorrow. The guy on tech support told me all of my issues were rather common and it only took a couple minutes for him to send me another Droid. He said if there are problems with this one that they will work on getting me a different device.

I've had no issues with calls or GPS, both have worked fantastically well.

my soft keys appear purpleish but i think that is because the lights are not right behind the icons

and how does your screen wobble every slider phone i have ever had wobbles somewhat because of how the slider mechanism works

like did the bottom of the screen near the kb lift up or what????

iPirate

Reaction score
It seems like there are people that are bad Droid magnets, I am grateful I am not one of those people. I love my Droid and I feel sorry for you guys having problems.

smcdo123

Reaction score
take the incredible because if for example there is something wrong with it whether it be cosmetic or internal you have insurance correct? or there is 90 day warranty on refurbs. I got a new droid and it was like new one and im pretty sure they just put it in that box because there are no problems at all no a single little scratch or anything. It feels actually better than my original droid and the touch keys dont have a blue tint they light up normal white and the keyboard is flat :( thats the only bummer i was a lucky one who had a raised one since first day of release although its not bad at all txting on it since i memorized the keyboard. But i would not push for much more.

Reaction score
1st droid- got on launch day lastest me till late dec when it started having everyone whispering into my ear if it was on the receiver or the speaker.

2nd droid- smashed in may after leaving on the back of my dads jeep when i borrowed it and put the top down since it was a nice day.

3rd- still on it

HeroNova

Reaction score
I think your being WAY to anal about your phones. I doubt half of them actually had anything wrong with them.

Verizon wouldn't just exchange the phone because he was being anal about something. Maybe it was the batches the store in your area had. either way, if you are sick of the phone, then by all means try something new. The Incredible might do the trick for you, mine is definitely not slow at all and very responsive. As long as not having a key board is ok with you. Definitely don't settle for an ally, or any other step down.

smcdo123

Reaction score
1st droid- got on launch day lastest me till late dec when it started having everyone whispering into my ear if it was on the receiver or the speaker.

2nd droid- smashed in may after leaving on the back of my dads jeep when i borrowed it and put the top down since it was a nice day.

3rd- still on it

first got it on day one had touch screen issues after it had a slight drop, the light ones will break the phone lol, the back button stopped working then it would open apps automatically i unrooted and still did it.

Second brand new cause my cousin who works for corporate sent me it and said she would try to get a brand new one just have her friend put it in a refurb box so i got lucky lol......i believe though the first phone if it is problem free from the start is always the best one

jacobrv

Reaction score
Got mine a few weeks after launch, its a 45/09. Still have it. I have never had a single problem that was the phone's fault. I've been rooted and running custom roms since January. Some of those have given me problems, but that's my fault, not the phone's. Either you have had very very bad luck, which is quite possible, especially if that store does not sell a lot of them so they are from similar batches. Or, maybe it's just not the phone for you. I would go ahead and try the Incredible, and if you still have problems with that, then maybe an iPhone.