So, I was thinking about using verizon a little..

bje1982

Reaction score
Lets play nice.....

if you switch your line to a simple feature phone yes. I think you guys are confused, he could use the upgrade from another line then switch that line back to the oldd phone then activate the inc on his line and the only damage is the new contract on the other phone and thats it. Its an alternate upgrade like I said I do this at least 3 times a day for customers and the option is in verizons sytem.

edit: lol why you changed your post backnblack haha

dylanthecat

Reaction score
If I understand you right, I could upgrade my wife (wait, that is a different story) to a d-inc, and then have her drop the data after a few weeks, and I get to keep the d-inc at no penalty?

Snoking

Reaction score
Why not just find someone that does not like their DI and wants to go back to a M-Droid and swap with them??? Chris

bje1982

Reaction score
If I understand you right, I could upgrade my wife (wait, that is a different story) to a d-inc, and then have her drop the data after a few weeks, and I get to keep the d-inc at no penalty?

IF YOU ARE ON THE SAME ACCOUNT, you can do an ALTERNATE UPGRADE. That would entail upgrading your wife to the inc, switching her back to her own phone then activating the inc on your line. If you use her upgrade she will have a new 2 year contract but will not be penalized for switching back to her old phone. Ask your local Verizon rep and as for an alternate upgrade.

Sorry about the caps. lol.

Edit: haha just got the upgrading your wife joke llol

neubanks89

Reaction score
The incredible isn't that much better than a Droid 1. I'd hold out for a better one down the road when gingerbread comes out.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Yea, don't yell at me! In the same line of thinking, can I drop the data on my Droid line as well at no penalty?

bje1982

Reaction score
Yea, don't yell at me! In the same line of thinking, can I drop the data on my Droid line as well at no penalty?

No unless you deactivate it completely. If you have a smartphone active on Verizon unless its a real real old one then your required to have the data. If you upgrade wifey then switch her back to her old non smartphone the data comes off but when you activate it on your line you will be reqired to have the data plan. If you both have smartphones youll both be required to have the data plan.

Edit: you dont evven have to worry about the details, if your wife is eligible for an upgrade and your both on the same account just ask your local Verizon for an alternate upgrade they have the option in there system.

If you do it online just go to your Verizon when you get the package and explain to them that you upgraded her and want to use the phone on your line they will handle it.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Yep, I knew that if I had a smartphone I have to have data. I did not know that I could go back to let's say my old Moto e815 and drop data without penalty. I just saw your signature, and I actually did laugh out loud. Now that is funny.

bje1982

Reaction score
Yep, I knew that if I had a smartphone I have to have data. I did not know that I could go back to let's say my old Moto e815 and drop data without penalty. I just saw your signature, and I actually did laugh out loud. Now that is funny.

haha I was not making fun of the "sent from my droid using tapatalk" sig I swear lol

Edit: there is a $350 early termination fee attached to a smartphone upgrade keep in mind. If you sign up with a smartphone then switch back to a non smartphone later you will still have the $350 ETF attached to your line FYI

dylanthecat

Reaction score
This is getting confusing. I think we are saying the same thing. Here is the situation we are discussing: A Droid on line 1 and a basic phone on line 2. Line 2 is eligible for an upgrade. He wants to buy a D-inc on line 2, and then after a month switch the d-inc to line 1 and go back to a basic phone on line 2. This can't be done without a penalty, correct?

bje1982

Reaction score
This is getting confusing. I think we are saying the same thing. Here is the situation we are discussing: A Droid on line 1 and a basic phone on line 2. Line 2 is eligible for an upgrade. He wants to buy a D-inc on line 2, and then after a month switch the d-inc to line 1 and go back to a basic phone on line 2. This can't be done without a penalty, correct?

Wrong you can do this without a penelty. Either that or if the whole reason your upgrading line 2 just to use the phone on line 1 the Verizon store would do that before you left the store you wouldnt have to wait a month. Its called an alternate upgrade.

You would basically be signing a new contract with an etf of $350 on line 2 but would use the actual phone on line 1. Alternate upgrade.

bje1982

Reaction score
But what about the $350 ETF you mentioned in your previous post?

That would only be charged if you cancel line 2 completely. They wont charge the etf for switching back to a non smartphone and cancelling the data.

Its pretty simple, if you just ask for an alternate upgrade your verizon rep would handle the details.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Edit: there is a $350 early termination fee attached to a smartphone upgrade keep in mind. If you sign up with a smartphone then switch back to a non smartphone later you will still have the $350 ETF attached to your line FYI

What does the above quote mean then? I am not being a jerk I really don't understand.

Hiroshika

Reaction score
Verizon doesnt force you to be on a 30 data plan if you use your ne2 for a smartphone. they just force you to pay for the data plan so long as you have the smartphone on the line. You can switch back to your razr (or whatever you have) at any time and remove the data plan at no penalty. How do i know this? i just tried it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk