Visited Verizon to compare my Droid with the Incredible

MrKleen

Reaction score
And much to my surprise the Incredible they had on the floor was broken. The charger connection was defective and the guy told me that it was the second one that broke.

They were on backorder so there was no working Incredible in the store.

There was a professional lady standing looking at the Motorola Droid and she said she wouldn't even think about the Incredible because it didn't have a keyboard. And the fact that they couldn't keep either of their Incredibles working didn't help.

I would think Verizon would have planned well enough ahead to at least have enough Incredibles on hand to replace the display models as they broke.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
The best laid plans...

I've heard that some Incredibles shipped DOA, so it's possible that store just got a bunch of them....

Jer

Reaction score
I guess I don't see the draw the Incredible. The camera has more MP and other than that.... ??

iPirate

Reaction score
I guess I don't see the draw the Incredible. The camera has more MP and other than that.... ??
some people are weak and the plastic is lighter for their tiny muscles ??

dancedroid

cplus

Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmm....

Its a little quiet in here?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
some people are weak and the plastic is lighter for their tiny muscles ??

dancedroid

Double the ram?
Sense UI?
8gb internal storage + microsd slot?

Different strokes for different folks.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thinking of getting the Incredible...Sense UI and it's theme are compelling to me, as I am running DroTheme (formerly NexTheme) with some extra Sense icons I added in...just not sure if I'm willing to give up keyboard and root.

cosmonaut

Reaction score
I tested one in the Verizon store and it was blinding fast but then again I wass connected to there WiFi.

R1Lover

Reaction score

Once you use a phone with the snapdragon you won't go back.... it's instant and fast.... I'm loving it.

ozziffied

Reaction score
I was originally going to get an incredible, but after BOTH of the phones I received did not work. (the one they shipped me, plus the one they swapped me out for) I got a droid! I still want a incredible, but after they fix all of the issues.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tested one in the Verizon store and it was blinding fast but then again I wass connected to there WiFi.

Easy enough to disconnect the wifi and use the cell towers, if it was an activated phone with a working number.

The only envy I've got is for the camera. Some of the other hardware is impressive but for me only the camera is what is lacking on the Droid. I understand bluetooth voice activation is an issue for some but I don't use that. Is that true for all of Android or just the moto-droid?

I can't get a new phone every 6 months, and the droid will do meanwhile.

Non-functional display phones will only hurt the sales of this product. I'd rather see someone pick up a functional Android HTC phone than grab one with a different OS. And remember, the Droid has had its share of returned phones too.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I won't lie...the camera is the biggest difference. Sense's allure wears off quick, and the speed can be compensated with by overclocking.

Guchi

Reaction score
i went to the vzw corporate store to look at the incredible the day i orderedit over the phone they were out of stock on the phone and only had one display model it worked fine there were about 10 people around it at all times trying to see it and i saw two couples order it with the vzw rep while i waited. the camera also is not just a matter of 3mp its a whole different thing the lens actualy looks to be slightly larger than the lens on our nikon cool pix, the droids is tiny in comparison (bigger lens = more light to a most likley bigger sensor = supirior pics). but realy the Inc take comparible pics to the 10mp point and shoot my wife got for christmas