So, I was thinking about using verizon a little..

bje1982

Reaction score
Edit: there is a $350 early termination fee attached to a smartphone upgrade keep in mind. If you sign up with a smartphone then switch back to a non smartphone later you will still have the $350 ETF attached to your line FYI

What does the above quote mean then? I am not being a jerk I really don't understand.

no prob at all. what I meant was that if you use line 2 upgrade there will be a new 2 year contract on line 2 and the etf will go from $175 to $350 on line 2 even if you switch line 2 back to a non smartphone but will only get charged the etf IF you cancel line 2 completely

rlacsamana1989

Reaction score
Edit: there is a $350 early termination fee attached to a smartphone upgrade keep in mind. If you sign up with a smartphone then switch back to a non smartphone later you will still have the $350 ETF attached to your line FYI
What does the above quote mean then? I am not being a jerk I really don't understand.

He is saying this.

Line 1 (you) still in contract and do not have an upgrade for some time. You have a droid so your ETF to cancel is 350. But that is if you cancel your line.

Line 2 (the one you want to upgrade) is up for an upgrade. If she uses that upgrade to get your a Smartphone the ETF for that line is 350 if she wants to cancel her line all together. If she was to get a dumb phone her ETF wouldn't be so high but he is just saying the smart phone ETF fee is still attached to her line even though you switch it to yours.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Wow, I learned something new today. I should go home and think about what I have learned!

I will probably do this then later in the year when something really cool comes out. Thanks for the info. I am actually surprised Verizon will do this. No real benefit to them.

bje1982

Reaction score
Wow, I learned something new today. I should go home and think about what I have learned!

I will probably do this then later in the year when something really cool comes out. Thanks for the info. I am actually surprised Verizon will do this. No real benefit to them.

There is a benefit to Verizon, they get a 2 year contract lol

dylanthecat

Reaction score
But no more money, and they just sold a phone at a reduced cost. Do they make money selling a Droid for $199? Anybody know what they actually pay for phones from Moto?

bje1982

Reaction score
But no more money, and they just sold a phone at a reduced cost. Do they make money selling a Droid for $199? Anybody know what they actually pay for phones from Moto?

If I told you the Verizon special agents will kick in yyour door and take custody of you and all your smartphones haaha

Reaction score
you can always do with i did. if you guys are all on the same bill you can go to the store with the person whos name is on the account and use the one upgrade as yours. as long as it is on the same account they will do it.

OP
R

RevivaL

Reaction score
Verizon doesnt force you to be on a 30 data plan if you use your ne2 for a smartphone. they just force you to pay for the data plan so long as you have the smartphone on the line. You can switch back to your razr (or whatever you have) at any time and remove the data plan at no penalty. How do i know this? i just tried it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
this is pretty much telling me what I want to do is going to work. Have him get the phone, use it for a day, decide to "sell it" and then go back to his old phone, therefor taking off the data and back to what he had.

well, i'm going to be trying this within the week, so i'll be sure to let you all know what happens.

oh and just so everyone is clear, me and him ARE NOT on the same plan. we each have our own.