Sick of my Droid, Verizon is offering me a used Incredible...take it or not?

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
I kinda posted this in another thread, but not really. Long story short, I am on my 6th Droid and am done with them. I went to the store and they tried to pass off an Ally on me. I called Verizon up tonight and they offered me an reconditioned Incredible instead. I'm trying to decide if I should take it or push for something else? She said that if I don't like the Incredible, she will try and work with me to find a suitable replacement.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

iPirate

Reaction score
What problems are you having? 6 phones? wow that is well above average.

nyijedi

Reaction score
I kinda posted this in another thread, but not really. Long story short, I am on my 6th Droid and am done with them. I went to the store and they tried to pass off an Ally on me. I called Verizon up tonight and they offered me an reconditioned Incredible instead. I'm trying to decide if I should take it or push for something else? She said that if I don't like the Incredible, she will try and work with me to find a suitable replacement.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

With all due respect, if you've been through six Droids, I don't think you'll be happy with whatever phone you end up getting.

iPirate

Reaction score
What are you doing to your phone to be on the 6th one?

Droid doesnt do bench very well or bulletproof vest. And then hot plate holder did not work very well.

I started to get fed up so I tried anchor, cutting board and now here I am on my 6th phone.

Really tired of it. :icon_evil:

cpjr

Reaction score
^Ya'll must be super unlucky people or something, Ive never had issues with phones like that.

OP
ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
The main problems are sometimes it won't make a call. The phone is responsive, but I have to reboot to call. I have to reboot to use the GPS. It rebooted on me twice the other night while talking to my girlfriend. I am getting constant "Force Close, Wait, Report" pop ups. It deleted all of my messages. I tried to make a phone call yesterday and half way through entering the numbers in, it froze. Shall I go on?

It's not like I'm rough with them or throwing them around. I just can't get one that doesn't freeze up on me all the time.

erikfig

Reaction score
6 Droids LOL!!! You don't need a phone you need an instruction manual and a safety guide! But Anyway now that the Incredible is fully rooted you should take it!

iPirate

Reaction score
The main problems are sometimes it won't make a call. The phone is responsive, but I have to reboot to call. I have to reboot to use the GPS. It rebooted on me twice the other night while talking to my girlfriend. I am getting constant "Force Close, Wait, Report" pop ups. It deleted all of my messages. I tried to make a phone call yesterday and half way through entering the numbers in, it froze. Shall I go on?

It's not like I'm rough with them or throwing them around. I just can't get one that doesn't freeze up on me all the time.
Have you tried not installing any apps? See if it works then, and then slowly install apps one by one until the problems occur and you will have your crap app that is causing the problems!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with the apps thing. Tell us if you root them, if so what ROM, do you use FROYO? Are you using ATK? Are you using a virus protection program (get rid of ATK and the virus program if you do have them). What launcher are you using? These answers could help find a solution to your SIX phones.....something isn't right and very high probability it's not a phone issue itself, but a program you're using or doing something with it you shouldn't be.

Are you sure the rep didn't say that's "Incredible" and you took it to mean a used Incredible phone?

OP
ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
I haven't rooted any of them. Most have had similar issues, but not always exactly the same. They have all been dog slow. The last one kept dropping my bluetooth connection for instance, but this current one isn't.

I don't have a ton of apps installed. And any apps I have are well known apps (foursquare, astro, layer, movies, etc.). Besides, I noticed right away when I first got the phone it wasn't the quickest. This most recent one was giving me the force close, wait, report pop ups almost right away! Even before I added apps.